testtest

1st LE Trade/Surplus Purchase

Good find OP.

I carried a .40 P226 for about 6 years with one agency. I bought it when they upgraded and haven't shot it since. It's a fine gun, but to me the DA/SA system is inferior to any consistent system. I typically stick with DA revolvers and striker-fired pistols for most things. I have another P226 with a DAK trigger. It's a lot better than the DA/SA system for my needs. I know a lot of people disagree.

I think Texas and Indiana did, but don't know what they use now. Texas Rangers I think was the only Texas LEO's that did not the baseball team.
I was still working Patrol when Dallas PD was carrying .357 Sig. They were the only department in the DFW area that I remembering carrying .357 Sig. It's still easy to find tons of the stuff at the local police supply stores due to the number of DPD officers who either still carry it or own guns chambered in .357 Sig. I never really considered buying anything chambered in .357 Sig due to the price of ammo. I still wouldn't want to shoot too much of it, but I'm open to the idea of picking up a barrel and a few boxes of ammo to use as a second caliber in a gun that I already own.

I'm proud to report that my LE Trade-In P226 functioned flawlessly at the range. I didn't have much .40 S&W on hand, so I only fired 75 rounds, but it was enough for the gun to impress me. I'd never fired .40 S&W through a metal-framed gun before, and was surprised by how little felt recoil I experienced.

I had never fired a handgun prior to becoming a LEO in my 20's. My first introduction to handguns was putting several thousand rounds through a Glock 22. I didn't have a frame of reference at the time, but when I finally fired other officers .45 ACP and 9mm pistols I decided that I didn't really care for the .40 S&W round. The .40 S&W felt very "snappy" in the Glock, and I preferred both the 9mm and the .45 ACP to the .40 S&W. If I'd started with the Sig P226 in .40 S&W, I may never have moved away from the round.

I'm proud to report that my LE Trade-In P226 functioned flawlessly at the range. I didn't have much .40 S&W on hand, so I only fired 75 rounds, but it was enough for the gun to impress me. I'd never fired .40 S&W through a metal-framed gun before, and was surprised by how little felt recoil I experienced.

I had never fired a handgun prior to becoming a LEO in my 20's. My first introduction to handguns was putting several thousand rounds through a Glock 22. I didn't have a frame of reference at the time, but when I finally fired other officers .45 ACP and 9mm pistols I decided that I didn't really care for the .40 S&W round. The .40 S&W felt very "snappy" in the Glock, and I preferred both the 9mm and the .45 ACP to the .40 S&W. If I'd started with the Sig P226 in .40 S&W, I may never have moved away from the round.
I will say having a g22 also it doesn't (to me) recoil to badly and 1 day getting a 40smith barrel for the 226 is on the list.

Back