testtest

38 Special

A few of my J frames…View attachment 32583
640 & 638-1
View attachment 32584
A Centennial Airweight “lemon squeezer” that had a Fitz Special job done to it.
View attachment 32585
A 1953 Chief’s Special
Sweet very sweet, especially the Fitz, very cool old school. My wife likes Blue Bloods, and I saw the police chief, Tom Selleck, carry one while she was watching one time, which I thought was rather neat. If while not perhaps not overly realistic,, have no clue.

Sweet very sweet, especially the Fitz, very cool old school. My wife likes Blue Bloods, and I saw the police chief, Tom Selleck, carry one while she was watching one time, which I thought was rather neat. If while not perhaps not overly realistic,, have no clue.
It is quite realistic—the Fitz Special was a true “gunfighter’s gun”…the Roland Special of its day.

It’s also quite a little shooter.

That said…I don’t, and I won’t carry it.

It is quite realistic—the Fitz Special was a true “gunfighter’s gun”…the Roland Special of its day.

It’s also quite a little shooter.

That said…I don’t, and I won’t carry it.
I am sorry was not specific in my reply. I meant to say I have no idea how realistic it is for a modern chief of police to be allowed to carry one on duty, i have no idea about NYPd rules on such things. Sorry if that was confusing.

My j frame
605E8434-00B6-42DD-9CB7-0D06392D0DDA.jpeg

My first J-frame was a S&W 637 years ago, it also came with a coupon to send back to S&W, they sent me a range bag, ear muffs and glasses all with there logo, free. It was a nice little gun, used it for years.

It appears you are fortunate, if you like them I am fine with that. Problems arise from poor tolerances and failures of quality control.

Most recently 3 years ago a security company sent me a group of security officers to train and qualify for their license. They all had the Taurus copy of the S&W Model 15. They were new in the box guns. I inspected them and all looked OK except for rough triggers. Not a single one of those revolvers could get through the course of fire without multiple malfunctions. Two could not fire 6 without a misfire. I tried cleaning and lubing the guns with no improvement. Obviously it was the QC guys day off at the factory the day the guns came off the line. I can see one gun coming out like that from time to time but this was a batch of guns that left the plant that way. The company returned them and replaced them with Glocks. This was not an isolated occurrence. I have been a firearms instructor for 50 years and I and fellow instructors have had similar experience with a number of Taurus guns over the years. Even the cowboy guns. It got to a point where I would not allow a Taurus in my classes because we would have to stop shooting to clear malfunctions. It has always been the same story. Some work fine and people love them, and some are crap, and it has always been a failure of QC. Other manufacturers including SIG and SA have lemons from time to time but in my experience not like Taurus. Then there is SCCY and that's another story.....OK for plinking at the range but with that track record not guns I would strap on and go into harm's way with.
Thanks for the information.
I do consider myself a lucky guy.

I have a model 36 in nickle finish and a 642 performance center. I like them both but the 36 is a little nicer to shoot at the range due to recoil.

I would really look at the Kimber if you have the budget for it. You get 6 shots in a cyl. just barely wider then the J frame , you can get a 3" BBL , and you can get a hammer if you choose. I handled a K6S 2" without hammer and the trigger action was as smooth as / or smoother then my 642 performance center Smith.

You really need to put hands on and see what suits you best. With any of the recommendations you can't go wrong .

I think you'll have to decide as to whether you want to carry a 5 shot or a 6 shot. Colts are mostly carry 6 rounds. Most S & W J frames or 5 shooters. Most L and K frames are 6 shooters. Six shooters are going to be heavier and not as compact. I carry this Ruger Sp101:
IMG_1480.JPG

Looking for some feedback here. I have two wheel guns a Colt King Cobra and a Colt Python both new production models and love both of them. I am looking at acquiring a 38 special snub. Looking for guidance on what maker to go with Smith ? Colt ? and I've been hearing good things about the Taurus lines ? Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks...
i personally have the Ruger GP 100, 2.5", and love it.

it can shoot either 357 or 38, but for carry, i use 357's.

1668807757623.png

Back