testtest

38 Special

I run the Smith Jframe model 60 all fall and winter. I like the 3 inch for a holster revolver but anything carried,or might be carried in a pocket I prefer the enclosed hammer and shorter barrel. I carry .357 magnums in it but the 2 speed strip reloads I carry are 38 specials for compatability with my wife's. 38 Sw Model 637.

20210819_114503.jpg

I'm partial to S&W J-frames. They require practice to shoot well, but all are very accurate, have great triggers (especially the Performance Center models) and are dead nuts reliable.
56281462_10217697023753872_8257932374478684160_n.jpg
As with all new firearms from any manufacturer, look them over carefully before purchase.
PXL_20220831_130839942.jpg
PXL_20221107_202845154.jpg
RQCsals.jpg

While I have more expensive revolvers, I have a soft spot for Charter Arms. The quality control has been a little questionable in the past, but I believe the current revolvers are better than Taurus (I bought two of the new Taurus . 22 WMR 942 models, and both had to be sent back to Taurus after less than 100 rounds fired). I have had issues with a rimfire Charter Arms Pathfinder, but I've had good luck with the .38 Special models.

I took a chance on the Charter Arms .38 Specials because they hold 6 rounds in a J-Frame size package, and they are made in the USA by an American company. I have the aluminum-frame Boxer, which comes with a green fiber-optic front sight, and the traditional Police Undercover. I have one photo showing a size comparison between a J-Frame and a Charter. As you can see, I like slim wooden grips. I added them to each of these guns, but the Charter Arms grips were significantly more affordable because they are sold on Charter's website for $19.99.

The Charters are not as smooth as a Smith & Wesson, but they sell for approximately $300. They are not as refined as a Colt or S&W, but they do go bang every time. I know that Charter Arms is too "budget friendly" to be on many people's radar, but they may be worth a look.

Charter Undercover.jpgJ-Frame ve. Charter.jpg

While I have more expensive revolvers, I have a soft spot for Charter Arms. The quality control has been a little questionable in the past, but I believe the current revolvers are better than Taurus (I bought two of the new Taurus . 22 WMR 942 models, and both had to be sent back to Taurus after less than 100 rounds fired). I have had issues with a rimfire Charter Arms Pathfinder, but I've had good luck with the .38 Special models.

I took a chance on the Charter Arms .38 Specials because they hold 6 rounds in a J-Frame size package, and they are made in the USA by an American company. I have the aluminum-frame Boxer, which comes with a green fiber-optic front sight, and the traditional Police Undercover. I have one photo showing a size comparison between a J-Frame and a Charter. As you can see, I like slim wooden grips. I added them to each of these guns, but the Charter Arms grips were significantly more affordable because they are sold on Charter's website for $19.99.

The Charters are not as smooth as a Smith & Wesson, but they sell for approximately $300. They are not as refined as a Colt or S&W, but they do go bang every time. I know that Charter Arms is too "budget friendly" to be on many people's radar, but they may be worth a look.

View attachment 32625View attachment 32626

I carried a Charter Bulldog .44 for a number of years in cold weather. Loved it, was sad it became a arthritis casualty.

I decided on the Smith and Wesson 637 J-frame. On my way home from the hospital I stopped at my new LGS that a friend of mine just opened and low and behold he had this one brand new at a great price. Now I just have to find a good IWB holster for it...

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 76
Looking for some feedback here. I have two wheel guns a Colt King Cobra and a Colt Python both new production models and love both of them. I am looking at acquiring a 38 special snub. Looking for guidance on what maker to go with Smith ? Colt ? and I've beenI hearing good things about the Taurus lines ? Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks...
I think it depends on if you're going to carry the 38 snub for concealed carry. I have owned Taurus snub nosed revolvers and they're not bad, but in my experience they're not as good as Smith and Wesson or Ruger, snubbies. If you plan to own it a long time and shoot it pretty often, the extra money a S&W or Ruger will cost you is worth it. I own a S&W 638 Bodyguard. I added a Hogue grip to make it easier to hold on to. I like that with the 638 I can shoot it single or double action, but usually shoot double action. I like that it's light weight so I can carry it when I'm out for a walk or recumbent trike ride or as a backup to a bigger handgun. It's an easy firearm to conceal and carry which I think is the ideal purposes for most 38 snubbies...:)

Attachments

• Chief_20220831_091611.jpg
    Chief_20220831_091611.jpg
    880.9 KB · Views: 96
Back