testtest

9mm AR Pistol build issues

GRIMLOCK

Alpha
Founding Member
I am just finishing my 9mm AR Pistol build, and I have run into several issues: first was choosing a BCG and upper that were either Colt or Glock compatible; then choosing to use a dedicated 9mm lower, modify one to accept 9mm mags, or modify pmags to feed 9mm! Who has run into compatibility issues and how have you overcome them?

I initially went with a PSA lower with 5 smg magazines, but after a 5 or 600 rounds each, they started double feeding due to the feed lips spreading. Any adjustments were only good for a hundred rounds or so.

I then built an Aero M4 lower, to match the Aero upper, and went with the Endo Mags as well. I wish I'd done that the first time through...🙄

Anyone want a screaming deal on a PSA ARP smg mag lower???

That's interesting! Also for reference, the CMMG mag conversion kits are made specifically for their Radial Delayed Blowback 9mm upper groups and are not compatible with all uppers and BCGs. CMMG was very helpful with this issue though! EndoMags are the way to go!

I went with Ghost defense upper 16" Anderson lower. fun to shoot, not as dirty as a .22 but another cheap ammo to plink away #ontherange I use CMMG in my 5.56 upper conversion kit

For a PCC I went with a MechTech carbine conversation. I used a G22 lower and went with .40 S&W. The only thing negative I can say is it's not designed to lock the bolt to the rear after the last round. They are available to be used with XD lowers.

https://mechtechsys.com/CCUModels/XDXDM/tabid/6680/Default.aspx

Attachments

• MechTech 6-5-1017 004.JPG
    MechTech 6-5-1017 004.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 849
For a PCC I went with a MechTech carbine conversation. I used a G22 lower and went with .40 S&W. The only thing negative I can say is it's not designed to lock the bolt to the rear after the last round. They are available to be used with XD lowers.

https://mechtechsys.com/CCUModels/XDXDM/tabid/6680/Default.aspx
They might not lock back, but function incredibly well. I have 1 for my G20/40 and loves very hot ammo! I never had a ftf or fte issue with more than 500 rounds so far!

Back