testtest

9mm — Is it great or does it suck?

Too true. Even seasoned officers, be it State, local or FBI, statistics show in an officer involved shooting, the first round is in the ground 10 feet in front of them as they are bringing the the gun up to pointing on target. There is no use of sights or sight picture with in 15 yards. It's just point and empty the mag or until the threat is no longer a threat.

Spray & pray rarely works out well in the end.

Just my observation.

The 9mm is the best round because that's what I carry. The sign of an intelligent man is that he agrees with me. That should settle the entire debate. You're welcome.;)
You forgot, "If you don't like me, there must be something wrong with you".

Spray & pray rarely works out well in the end.

Just my observation.
Spray and pray only works if your just trying to keep their head down. LOL! When your instinctively point shooting at close range like they are trained to do, it works well. There not training to be a sniper or for bullseye competition. That first one in the ground is the adrenaline fueled push to get the shot off as quickly as possible on target, but the brain and trigger finger aren't always in the same gear.

Spray and pray only works if your just trying to keep their head down. LOL! When your instinctively point shooting at close range like they are trained to do, it works well. There not training to be a sniper or for bullseye competition. That first one in the ground is the adrenaline fueled push to get the shot off as quickly as possible on target, but the brain and trigger finger aren't always in the same gear.

Just pointing it in the general direction and dumping the mag is the very definition of spray & pray.

It is very, very different than point shooting, which is quick, accurate fire that doesn’t involve using the sights.

“Fast is fine, but accuracy is final”—Wyatt Earp

Just pointing it in the general direction and dumping the mag is the very definition of spray & pray.

It is very, very different than point shooting, which is quick, accurate fire that doesn’t involve using the sights.

“Fast is fine, but accuracy is final”—Wyatt Earp
Correct. That is why I specified point.;)

Correct. That is why I specified point.;)

Yes. As in “in the general direction”.

See: spray & pray.

The phrase “point shooting” was never mentioned in your original post on the subject. The exact phrase was “point and empty the mag”...again, see spray & pray.

The phrase “point shooting” was never mentioned in your original post on the subject. The exact phrase was “point and empty the mag”...again, see spray & pray.
I didn't think I had to explain it that in depth. I didn't think I was teaching a lesson.When I said "point", Only an amateur or gangster would "spray and pray". The mentioning of officers dong this should have been clear enough that I didn't mean "spray and pray". If I meant "spray and pray" I would have said that. Don't read into things that aren't said, and take them out of context, that's what CNN does.

Actually the exact phrase was " Point on target ". Read more carefully next time.

This depends entirely on who you speak to and most will have compelling reasons why they choose a specific caliber. The best thing you can do, I believe has already been suggested, which is go to the range and spend some time with the different calibers. Since I believe this topic is under EDC I assume the question is directed at EDCs concealed or not concealed. I would suggest not paying much attention to what the military, LEOs, or federal agencies are currently using in the field. For an EDC I would take each for a test drive and see which one you like and shoot best with at the range. Performance for the most part with these different calibers is pretty consistent. Make sure you are using "home defense" rounds for the low penetration. I settled with 45 personally. I carried a G19 and an M9 (9mm) for about 5 years or so before getting some time with a 45. I have not looked back since. For EDC I use ARX rounds in 45. Pretty cool and work well. We did testing here and ARX out performed the rest. I have not had any issues running them through my 1911. Hope this helps.

Back