testtest

A New Indoor Gun Range is Coming to Town!

Yeah that was very nice. Big lanes battery operated return motors. Lots of stuff for sale. Even had a fire controlled weed eater.
That's where I was shooting my 50ae and was trying head shots, but wouldn't hit the paper at 50 yards. I aimed at the bellybutton for head shots and talk about crazy! I moved it out to 100 yards and the sight must have been designed for that range.

I’ve got a couple of indoor ranges very close to me that I am a member of. One is 10 minutes from my house and is ok but I think their ventilation leaves a little to be disputed. The other is 25 minutes which is an average drive in DFW and is very Gucci and pretty pricey, but their service is great, they treat me extremely well, they have an on-site gunsmith department and have an outstanding selection of firearms and ammo as well as a comprehensive machine gun selection that you can rent. And the ventilation is so good you don’t even see a haze of smoke on the range.

I’ve got a couple of indoor ranges very close to me that I am a member of. One is 10 minutes from my house and is ok but I think their ventilation leaves a little to be disputed. The other is 25 minutes which is an average drive in DFW and is very Gucci and pretty pricey, but their service is great, they treat me extremely well, they have an on-site gunsmith department and have an outstanding selection of firearms and ammo as well as a comprehensive machine gun selection that you can rent. And the ventilation is so good you don’t even see a haze of smoke on the range.
I would love to see something like this come to town, but I might be setting my hopes too high.

At an indoor range in Austin you can shoot everything except reloads. They offer gun rentals and some are full autos that would make @HansGruber envious (mp5 is on their list). I had a few they wanted too buy, but none were full autos. I'm not sure about shotguns being allowed. You can shoot up too 100 yards at both rifle and pistol lanes (rifle and pistol have separate shooting areas).
Interesting. Why no reloads?

I have 2 rental ranges in my area both with really good ventilation systems and one of them actually has a flowing waterfall backstop to keep lead out of the air.

There's at least a dozen gun clubs within 30 mins of me also and I finally just got into the best one in the area after being on a 2 plus year waiting list.

I have 2 rental ranges in my area both with really good ventilation systems and one of them actually has a flowing waterfall backstop to keep lead out of the air.

There's at least a dozen gun clubs within 30 mins of me also and I finally just got into the best one in the area after being on a 2 plus year waiting list.
i'd like to think, that with such a waiting list, that's a place everyone RESPECTS the rules and the range equipment, as well as the other shooters.

i'd like to think, that with such a waiting list, that's a place everyone RESPECTS the rules and the range equipment, as well as the other shooters.
This range has very limited rules and the rules they do have are only about safe handling and muzzle awareness and if you take the few rules they have for granted they will bounce you out no questions asked.

Even with fewer rules than most clubs they have the best safety record in NH and also are one of the largest clubs here.

Yea, when they see @10mmLife coming, they both hang up signs on front door….”10mm. NO YEET CANNONS ALLOWED!”……😬😬😬😬

Not for sure it has been 5 years ago last and only time I visited. It's 500 miles from me and rarely get down there.
Most places I have been to will not allow you to use reloads on rental guns because a) they want to sell you the ammo for the rental guns and b) they are afraid your reload will damage the gun. hot loads, squibs etc. The 2 closest to me say you can only shoot ammo you buy from them in rental guns.

Most places I have been to will not allow you to use reloads on rental guns because a) they want to sell you the ammo for the rental guns and b) they are afraid your reload will damage the gun. hot loads, squibs etc. The 2 closest to me say you can only shoot ammo you buy from them in rental guns.
my range is the same for rentals (have to buy ammo from them) but reloads are fine in personal guns.
the only thing i can think of that the range sells the brass (only fired once) to suppliers that sell reloads.

Back