testtest

Aftermarket Trigger for Echelon shipping

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
Powder River released their aftermarket trigger for the Echelon

This trigger kit for the Echelon™ features our Hybrid Trigger Shoe which combines a flat faced trigger with a small, curved surface at the tip of the trigger. Our unique design offers the benefit of a flat faced trigger and the curved section at the bottom helps position your finger consistently on the trigger. The trigger and trigger safety are precision CNC machined out of 6061 Aluminum and anodized. Other parts included are a striker spring, sear spring, safety sear spring and trigger spring.

The combination of parts reduces trigger take up by about 60%, total trigger travel by about 46%, and reset by around 20%. The trigger pull weight is also reduced to about 3.5 lbs.

Powder River released their aftermarket trigger for the Echelon

This trigger kit for the Echelon™ features our Hybrid Trigger Shoe which combines a flat faced trigger with a small, curved surface at the tip of the trigger. Our unique design offers the benefit of a flat faced trigger and the curved section at the bottom helps position your finger consistently on the trigger. The trigger and trigger safety are precision CNC machined out of 6061 Aluminum and anodized. Other parts included are a striker spring, sear spring, safety sear spring and trigger spring.

The combination of parts reduces trigger take up by about 60%, total trigger travel by about 46%, and reset by around 20%. The trigger pull weight is also reduced to about 3.5 lbs.
Would like to see some reviews of this trigger kit before buying one. I'm very pleased with the Apex Tactical kits for M&P's. While my Echelon trigger is not bad the Apex kits in the M&P's really reduce take-up, short reset and pull weights are all just a few ounces over 2lb's. I've gotten spoiled to these triggers and hopefully the Powder River kit for the Echelon will be close.

I have the powder river precision trigger kits on my XD-M .45 ACP and my XD-M Elite OSP 10mm, I also ordered the springs for my XD-M Elite OSP Tactical 9mm, that has the Meta Trigger.

The trigger kits for the XD-M's are amazing, you have several options in springs to reduce the trigger pull down to 3lbs, maybe less. For myself, I prefer 4.5 lbs and was able to get that easily with retaining the original striker spring and using all the other PRP springs in the rest of the system. It reduced the throw and force, and makes a perfectly clean break.... The triggers on my XD-M's are now like my 1911's, except maybe a touch more throw....

The aluminum trigger is awesome, it might only be mental (i.e. I'm fooling myself into feeling something that isn't there), but something about the rigidity of a metal trigger over a plastic that makes for a much crisper trigger.

On my XD-M Elite Tactical 9mm, that I just replaced springs. The Meta Trigger was good out of the box, I just reduced the pull using the springs. Using the whole kit makes for a much better trigger. I have dried fired the Echelon at a Gun Shop and it has a nice trigger, maybe even better than the XD-M Meta-Trigger, it also has a plastic trigger.

So I don't have an Echelon, nor tried the PRP kit in an Echelon, but I can attest the PRP trigger kits for the XD-M make an absolutely excellent trigger.

At the same time, the PRP XD-M Kits replace the Cam and Sear in trigger action. The photo of the PRP kit for the Echelon looks like they are only replacing the springs and the plastic trigger with a metal one. I just replaced springs on one of my XD-M's and it was the same trigger just lighter pull. Perhaps the metal trigger's rigidity might make for a slighter crisp feel, but I wouldn't expect a whole new trigger feel from just springs and a metal trigger.

Just ordered the Powder River Precision trigger kit for my Echelon. I watched a you tube video on installing this trigger. The video was pretty informative, showed before and after installation improvements, impressive.

have a PRP trigger in my XD, XD Mod 2, and XDM 5.25
excellent upgrade

now I'm tempted to add one to my Echelon. mind you I haven't even shot my new Echelon yet...
The Powder River trigger kit for the Echelon is supposed to be delivered on !2/26. Hopefully I'll get it installed very soon. Probably won't get to the range until after the 1st.

The Powder River trigger kit for the Echelon is supposed to be delivered on !2/26. Hopefully I'll get it installed very soon. Probably won't get to the range until after the 1st.
would love to get some feedback on it.
I did the upgrade on my Mod 2 without ever firing the stock trigger and have had zero regrets.
hopefully this is as nice as their other triggers.

looking forward to hearing how you like yours

I'll let you know as soon I return from the range. Merry Christmas!
Just got the Powder River trigger kit. Was hoping I'd be able to install it but my old shaky fingers won't let me. I have a good relationship with a local gunsmith who doesn't charge me for minor work. I plan to take the pistol in tomorrow. My club range stays very busy on weekends & holidays so I'll probably wait till 01/02 or 03. I'll still be to give info on before & after results.

Just got the Powder River trigger kit. Was hoping I'd be able to install it but my old shaky fingers won't let me. I have a good relationship with a local gunsmith who doesn't charge me for minor work. I plan to take the pistol in tomorrow. My club range stays very busy on weekends & holidays so I'll probably wait till 01/02 or 03. I'll still be to give info on before & after results.
Finally got the Powder River trigger kit installed in my Echelon. Pull weight before averaged 5.8 lbs. After pull wight averaged 4.2lbs. Initial take-up is great almost no movement & maybe 1/16" over travel. Reset stayed about the same as stock. I'm very pleased with this upgrade.

Back