testtest

Aimpoint Duty RDS Review

Excellent article! Based on the results from your review, I will be ordering the Aimpoint 2 MOA optic to see how well it will perform on my rifle. Thank you for your review and THANK YOU for all your service years in law enforcement.

Good, convincing article! Never tried a RDS on any rifles, shotguns or handguns. Have no clue as to the operation of these sights. Do they work with or independent of the front sight? Would the front sight on my AR-15 need to be removed? (The rear sight and the handle are attached to Picatinny rail).

Attachments

• 20190518_213111.jpg
    20190518_213111.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220410_115045.jpg
    20220410_115045.jpg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 86
Good, convincing article! Never tried a RDS on any rifles, shotguns or handguns. Have no clue as to the operation of these sights. Do they work with or independent of the front sight? Would the front sight on my AR-15 need to be removed? (The rear sight and the handle are attached to Picatinny rail).
On that rifle you would have full time co-witness with a red dot. If you put a magnified optic on it you wouldn’t even see the front sight. I put a Romeo 5 on my buddy’s A2 style and he loves it.

What is the difference between the Romeo 5 and this Aimpoint Duty RDS, besides the price?
Probably lower quality glass, Romeo is made in China, 2 more NV settings. Brand recognition.

Sig Romeo is a rebranded Holosun.

Good review!
I recently started switching some over to Holosun 510c and 512c because I like the reticle better, but I have a few Romeo 5s on things. Including a sledgehammer of a 12 gauge, on which the Romeo 5 has been brutalized for a couple thousand rounds of magnum slugs and buck and it's still dead on. I and other people here trust them on defensive weapons. In fact I've never heard of anyone having an issue with one.

Back