testtest

Am I the only Revolver Guy left?

Trebor657

Operator
Went to a local show and ended up talking to several others in attendance...The conversation naturally went to the "what's your EDC" talk....When I said my EDC is a Ruger SP101 revolver you would have thought I just confessed to a heinous crime....Strange looks and most folks asked why as their first question...I started as a police officer in 1977 and everyone carried revolvers except for a few 1911 guys...I could carry anything I wanted as long as I could qualify with it...My first duty gun was a 4" Colt Python (which I have to this day) that I purchased for under $275.00,,,It served me well for over 20 years and is by far still my favorite handgun. Do I have semi auto pistols: yes I do...Do I carry them: on occasion yes I do, depends on what area I am traveling to...some parts of town warrant a higher round count...overall though, the SP101 goes with me most anywhere I travel...

The discussion normally gravitated to "you know there are better options, right?" Well, I suppose there may very well be, but for me anyway, my 5 shot revolver is just fine...I am completely familiar with it, it is extremely accurate, I shoot it very well and I prefer it over any semi auto I have or have ever fired....Maybe I am a dinosaur but give me my revolver over the semi auto's anytime...just curious if anyone else carries a revolver as their EDC? I can't be the only revolver guy left....Thanks for looking, sorry for the long read...

I carried 14 different handguns for duty over the years. Half of them were revolvers. Youngsters with their hi-cap magazines are amazed that my generation went in harm's way with a revolver and 18 rounds. Probably why I think my 1911 or 220 with two reloads is plenty. Like Cooper said, how many times do you intend to miss? I would not feel undergunned carrying a revolver, although I prefer the feel of my 1911 and P220

If that's what you like or feel comfortable with more power to you. When I went in Air Force I was issued a revolver. Didn't like it but was good with it and if I had to use it I was deadly. As long as you are competent with your weapon it doesn't matter how many rounds you have.

Regularly carry in the woods with a .357 Mag on my hip if I dont have my SA 1911 strapped on
I’m a 6” barrel fan.
Either Colt or S&W
603874F8-B35E-47F2-AE6A-F79FD556E5C6.jpeg

Yes I have two of them. Thought I lost the first so I replaced it and found the first lol.
A few months before Christmas I bought myself a Cobratech, which is pretty much a Microtech clone made of parts from god only knows where and assembled in Texas. Only paid a shade under a hundo for it and I have been abusing the F out of it since day one. No complaints. And if I lose it, I'm only out a hundred bucks. I would love to have the Microtech version, but every time I think about buying one I start thinking about how much ammo I can buy with that money. lol

If that's what you like or feel comfortable with more power to you. When I went in Air Force I was issued a revolver. Didn't like it but was good with it and if I had to use it I was deadly. As long as you are competent with your weapon it doesn't matter how many rounds you have.
The USAF supplied me with a Model 15, a Model 36 with 3" heavy barrel, an M9, and a M11. The Model 15 would hold its own for accuracy with the others but not so concealment friendly. In all those were all fine firearms.

A few months before Christmas I bought myself a Cobratech, which is pretty much a Microtech clone made of parts from god only knows where and assembled in Texas. Only paid a shade under a hundo for it and I have been abusing the F out of it since day one. No complaints. And if I lose it, I'm only out a hundred bucks. I would love to have the Microtech version, but every time I think about buying one I start thinking about how much ammo I can buy with that money. lol
Ain't that the truth. Hey, If the Cobratech works that's all that counts. Good call.

I was not sure an auto would be all that different and handy but I have fallen in love using the dang thing. It's sooooo handy.

Ain't that the truth. Hey, If the Cobratech works that's all that counts. Good call.

I was not sure an auto would be all that different and handy but I have fallen in love using the dang thing. It's sooooo handy.
I have a pile of :poop:y Boker $50 autos. They are actually pretty decent, sharpen up well and I don't feel bad roughing them up. I'm really not nice to knives. Prior to the CT the only OTF I had was a Smith and Wesson. It's a piece of:poop:
too. Manually retracts, feels kinda light and cheap. The CT locks up much more solid and retracts the same way it deploys. So far in the 3 months or so I have been using it I have only had to hit it with the steel once. I'm sure the blade is probably Chinese but it's not terrible.

Back