testtest

Am I the only Revolver Guy left?

I have a pile of :poop:y Boker $50 autos. They are actually pretty decent, sharpen up well and I don't feel bad roughing them up. I'm really not nice to knives. Prior to the CT the only OTF I had was a Smith and Wesson. It's a piece of:poop:
too. Manually retracts, feels kinda light and cheap. The CT locks up much more solid and retracts the same way it deploys. So far in the 3 months or so I have been using it I have only had to hit it with the steel once. I'm sure the blade is probably Chinese but it's not terrible.
Good to know thanks. Been thinking of the ultratech size maybe will look at those.

I believe I have 31 revolvers, from .22LR to .500S&W.

But I might not be recalling a couple lurking in recesses of one of the safes.
1673746325202.jpeg

While not as big a warehouse as our @BET7 but @HansGruber is starting to catch up……..😬😬

Went to a local show and ended up talking to several others in attendance...The conversation naturally went to the "what's your EDC" talk....When I said my EDC is a Ruger SP101 revolver you would have thought I just confessed to a heinous crime....Strange looks and most folks asked why as their first question...I started as a police officer in 1977 and everyone carried revolvers except for a few 1911 guys...I could carry anything I wanted as long as I could qualify with it...My first duty gun was a 4" Colt Python (which I have to this day) that I purchased for under $275.00,,,It served me well for over 20 years and is by far still my favorite handgun. Do I have semi auto pistols: yes I do...Do I carry them: on occasion yes I do, depends on what area I am traveling to...some parts of town warrant a higher round count...overall though, the SP101 goes with me most anywhere I travel...

The discussion normally gravitated to "you know there are better options, right?" Well, I suppose there may very well be, but for me anyway, my 5 shot revolver is just fine...I am completely familiar with it, it is extremely accurate, I shoot it very well and I prefer it over any semi auto I have or have ever fired....Maybe I am a dinosaur but give me my revolver over the semi auto's anytime...just curious if anyone else carries a revolver as their EDC? I can't be the only revolver guy left....Thanks for looking, sorry for the long read...
Concur:
Colt Python, then Mod 66, then Mod 28 & Mod 29

1673749584840.gif

I have a pile of :poop:y Boker $50 autos. They are actually pretty decent, sharpen up well and I don't feel bad roughing them up. I'm really not nice to knives. Prior to the CT the only OTF I had was a Smith and Wesson. It's a piece of:poop:
too. Manually retracts, feels kinda light and cheap. The CT locks up much more solid and retracts the same way it deploys. So far in the 3 months or so I have been using it I have only had to hit it with the steel once. I'm sure the blade is probably Chinese but it's not terrible.
Cobratec uses D2 steel.

Went to a local show and ended up talking to several others in attendance...The conversation naturally went to the "what's your EDC" talk....When I said my EDC is a Ruger SP101 revolver you would have thought I just confessed to a heinous crime....Strange looks and most folks asked why as their first question...I started as a police officer in 1977 and everyone carried revolvers except for a few 1911 guys...I could carry anything I wanted as long as I could qualify with it...My first duty gun was a 4" Colt Python (which I have to this day) that I purchased for under $275.00,,,It served me well for over 20 years and is by far still my favorite handgun. Do I have semi auto pistols: yes I do...Do I carry them: on occasion yes I do, depends on what area I am traveling to...some parts of town warrant a higher round count...overall though, the SP101 goes with me most anywhere I travel...

The discussion normally gravitated to "you know there are better options, right?" Well, I suppose there may very well be, but for me anyway, my 5 shot revolver is just fine...I am completely familiar with it, it is extremely accurate, I shoot it very well and I prefer it over any semi auto I have or have ever fired....Maybe I am a dinosaur but give me my revolver over the semi auto's anytime...just curious if anyone else carries a revolver as their EDC? I can't be the only revolver guy left....Thanks for looking, sorry for the long read...
Trebor657, You are not alone sir. I too carried a revolver in my LEO career starting in 1981 I was issued a Smith model 15 which I carried until 1988. When I lateraled to another agency they carried the Smith model 25-5 45 long colt. I used a Ruger SP101 as my back Up. I carried three HKS speed loaders for duty. I carried this for a number of years until the department went to the Sig P220. Then they authorized 1911’s, HK’s, Glocks for carry at the Officers expense. I do at times carry the SP101 and the Smith model 686 7 shot 3 inch barrel for EDC depending on where I’m going. I still enjoy revolvers and always will. Keep doing what your doing nothing is better than feeling super confident with the weapon you carry.

Lol true, but in reality I have sold or given away so much stuff the past 5 years, in everything. Handguns, rifles, knives, watches, tools, bows, vehicles, so much stuff. The older I get it seems the less I want. In part my wife's health has had me face a lot of things, possible futures and needs included.
Word.
I know exactly what you mean, I’ve been downsizing everything over the last 3 years.

I turn 65 tomorrow, I figure how much stuff do I really need.

Word.
I know exactly what you mean, I’ve been downsizing everything over the last 3 years.

I turn 65 tomorrow, I figure how much stuff do I really need.

I've been doing that for awhile with things that I deem less important to me. Some musical gear, extra crap like for instance t-shirts. I probably pitch 30 t-shirts a year. I apparently wait untilI have no room left to squeeze a hanger on to my closet rack and then I start going through them to determine which ones I actually wear.

I've been doing that for awhile with things that I deem less important to me. Some musical gear, extra crap like for instance t-shirts. I probably pitch 30 t-shirts a year. I apparently wait untilI have no room left to squeeze a hanger on to my closet rack and then I start going through them to determine which ones I actually wear.
I go through my clothes yearly and also get rid of t-shirts and jeans, most get dropped off at places for the homeless but I no longer use (Goodwill) as they get sold and don’t go to people who can’t afford them and really need them.
Some are used for cleaning or just get thrown out.

Back