testtest

Ammo avail?

What’s ammo availability like for you?

• Its still with the toilet paper, gas, and now meat...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lchtus

Master Class
I am seeing ammo on the shelf more and more. I even ran across some 380 recently at $29 a box. Also seeing the results of remington coming back online as their ammo is online in many places now.

what are you seeing?

Academy N Tx has Remington 115 gr 9mm and Federal 124 gr Red box 9mm for $19.99 this week and gobs of it on the shelves. Still limit 2 boxes

other calibers were still a little high on price.
All the 5.56 m855 200 rd packs from the big names were .65 cents a round

Academy N Tx has Remington 115 gr 9mm and Federal 124 gr Red box 9mm for $19.99 this week and gobs of it on the shelves. Still limit 2 boxes

other calibers were still a little high on price.
All the 5.56 m855 200 rd packs from the big names were .65 cents a round
Good to know. 19.99 is not bad. ”normal“ prices pre crazy was 15.99 near me for brand range ammo.

i recently bought 3 boxes (50 rds each) of .45 ACP, for $39.99 each. way down from the $79.99 months ago, and no limit on how many to buy.

they had 9MM as well, same price, no limits.

It's getting better. A slight uptick in local availability, a slight downtick in local price. Places like Midway are still unreasonably high ($59.99 for .45 acp) but they have more inventory. It's going to be a slow road back to anything close to the Before Times.

PSA (or was it AIM) had Magtech .308 for $1/rd; can’t remember if that included shipping, but that’s down about .50/rd than what it was going about a month ago. Had 147gr WWB 9mm FMJ for .60/rd; also coming down, but not as much.

Availability is increasing, price is decreasing.

Pre-COVID, OZ, Atlantis, Fountain of Youth, unicorns......all just figments of your imagination........
Yeah, 1000 rounds of 9mm 115gr bulk from the big names at $159 is gone forever
1622832912419.png

I have not checked for awhile. Last time, about a month ago, it was still not staying on the shelves long. A day or two max. It was not bad priced at $18 per 50 of 9mm 115 2 box limit on all ammo. (I think it was that price).
It seems like it is catching up a little, but I like to buy 1,000 at a time and am waiting for that price to come down. I have seen online orders per 1000 are coming down, but it is not name brand (I will see some cci once and awhile for 55 cents or so). That means the supply is getting better, but has a long way to go.
If you ask me this whole year has been a joke, They just keep scaring people into panic buying things.
I happen to know for a fact that meat packing houses do not need online computers to operate. A virus on the office computers might mess up both incoming and out going orders, but that is not hard to resolve. Almost everything in a packing house is manual labor. You have some "computer" controls such as machines and cooling units, but they are stand alone units that you can not affect without being hard wired in.
Anyway, they should stop the causing panic buying to spur the economy, because what if there really was a time people needed to be concerned and had $3000 worth of butt wipe, but no food. Also do not for a second think this scaring people into panic buying is not exactly that, a way to spur sectors of the economy.

My LGS, current has very limited ammo for sale. I was able to buy some, as their current policy is that if you buy a firearm, you can buy ammo in that caliber if they have it. Since I bought a shotgun and 2 9mm firearms, their policy allowed be to buy 1 box of each (I know the sales guy and do at lot of business there, so he allowed be to get two boxes of each). Fiocchi 12 gauge 00 Buck and Fiocchi 115 gr 9mm were going for $29.99 each. I was able to use 2 rewards certificates bring the cost to $24.99 each for the 4 boxes. I have a good supply of ammo and usually just buy ammo at the LGS after I purchase a firearm(s) and need to use a rewards certificate before it expires.

I live in CA and over the past several months, loaded ammo has been VERY scarce, especially in 9mm. So two weeks ago, I was in the Phoenix area visiting my kids and went to four different gun shops in the area and found there was NO 9mm ammo to be bought. I ordered some on line from Ammo to Go, but had to have it shipped to my daughters house as they do not ship ANY ammo to CA whatsoever. Got back to CA and my local shop (US Patriot Armory) received a large shipment of 9mm and needless to say, is selling like hotcakes, as all the other local gun shops can't keep it in stock. I'm not a hoarder and never have been. But CA's "leadership" is causing honest and decent people to stock lots of ammo. And a very interesting oxymoron is the Dermo's are trying everything under the sun to curb violence, but have become the best salesman for people to buy guns and ammo like never before. I for one, don't ever expect to run short again on ammo for any of the handguns I own.

9mm seems to be plentiful right now here in Central Tx. Brass, steel, and aluminum cases. all ranging from $19 - $22/box of 50.

In light of my recent purchase of my Ronin I've been lucky enough to find .45 on the shelf the last 4 days in a row.
$59.99 for a box of Winchester White Box 100 rds, FMJ. $29.99 for the 50 rd boxes.

$67/box of 100 from Federal American Eagle FMJ

.223/5.56 have gone up from $0.65/rd to roughly $0.72/rd

.308 / 7.62 x 51 NATO is still over $1/rd - which is absurd.

Federal and Winchester have steadily raised their prices multiple times over the last month. Remington is absolutely absurdly priced as I saw a box of 100 rds of 9mm FMJ priced at $59.99 at GT Distributors.

Good signs that supply is catching up to demand, but i'm afraid the days of cheap ammo are over for the foreseeable future.

People are paying the prices, even as they raise them, and the manufacturers know it.

Bro-n-law called me today from a local gun show and said they had 9mm 124gr for $30 box of 50. Asked if I needed some, I told him no, not right now. He didn't mention any limit, nor did I ask the brand.

Much better than even a couple months ago, but still way above pre-covid.

☝️☝️☝️ What he said !!!

$16/box is too damn high, but I'll pay it. I suppose. That's what I paid for the last 700 rounds or so.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone used Sterling 12 gauge Tornado Slugs ? A place close to me has them for $10 per 10 round box. 1320 FPS so good for the autos. They're weird looking and all the on-line sellers are requiring a photo copy of an ID showing you are over 21 to buy it. It sounds real interesting, but I was curious if anyone has ever ran any of it.

Back