testtest

Ammo avail?

What’s ammo availability like for you?

• Its still with the toilet paper, gas, and now meat...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I haven't been to Sportsman warehouse in a month . But before that , 9mm was running $20 a box of 50.
5.56 was bulk box of 150 count for $129. Last time I bought was 300 black out was $250 for 200 rounds .

I haven't been to Sportsman warehouse in a month . But before that , 9mm was running $20 a box of 50.
5.56 was bulk box of 150 count for $129. Last time I bought was 300 black out was $250 for 200 rounds .
Last 5.56 ( 62 gr. green tip) I bought was $100 for 150 rounds. Same place I've been getting 124 gr 9mm for $16/50 rd box.

Decides to stop into Academy tonight on my way to the range and sure enough, they has ammo. Amazing how much ammo there is to go round when you put daily limits on it. They quite a few different calibers. The had 9mm 115gr no-name and Remington. Both were steel case, but for $17 a box I said what the heck and picked up a couple of boxes. It all went bang and was accurate. Going back tomorrow for two more boxes.

Decides to stop into Academy tonight on my way to the range and sure enough, they has ammo. Amazing how much ammo there is to go round when you put daily limits on it. They quite a few different calibers. The had 9mm 115gr no-name and Remington. Both were steel case, but for $17 a box I said what the heck and picked up a couple of boxes. It all went bang and was accurate. Going back tomorrow for two more boxes.
Everyone talks about Academy. I've been in there 3 times and wasn't impressed. Next to no ammo, almost no parts I wanted in stock. Just hitting it at the wrong times I guess.

$16/box is too damn high, but I'll pay it. I suppose. That's what I paid for the last 700 rounds or so.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone used Sterling 12 gauge Tornado Slugs ? A place close to me has them for $10 per 10 round box. 1320 FPS so good for the autos. They're weird looking and all the on-line sellers are requiring a photo copy of an ID showing you are over 21 to buy it. It sounds real interesting, but I was curious if anyone has ever ran any of it.
I'd pass on the photo ID in this day and age of scam artists. Sounds like it's fishy or not well thought out plan?
Besides, I've never needed to provide ID elsewhere online or off for ammo.

Remington is making steel case ammo? That’s new...

$16/box is too damn high, but I'll pay it. I suppose. That's what I paid for the last 700 rounds or so.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone used Sterling 12 gauge Tornado Slugs ? A place close to me has them for $10 per 10 round box. 1320 FPS so good for the autos. They're weird looking and all the on-line sellers are requiring a photo copy of an ID showing you are over 21 to buy it. It sounds real interesting, but I was curious if anyone has ever ran any of it.
Hadn’t heard of them, but Google-fu tells me that they look like a Brenneke knockoff, from Turkey, I think (going from the language on a couple sites).

I’d try a box, if I could get it locally. Probably wouldn’t order it, though.

Hadn’t heard of them, but Google-fu tells me that they look like a Brenneke knockoff, from Turkey, I think (going from the language on a couple sites).

I’d try a box, if I could get it locally. Probably would t order it, though.

I might go down to the LGS that has them after work tomorrow and pick a box up just for my own testing. It seems reasonably priced ( non-sale price is $11 box of 10 which is pretty much the same as the Remington and the Federal Tru ball I have been shooting.) We'll have to see what kind of damage they do.

I'd pass on the photo ID in this day and age of scam artists. Sounds like it's fishy or not well thought out plan?
Besides, I've never needed to provide ID elsewhere online or off for ammo.

It seems to be a thing for this particular ammo which is strange and why I asked about it. Even at the regular, known legit websites I buy ammo from. Nevertheless I won't be emailing anyone a copy of my driver's license that's for sure.

Everyone talks about Academy. I've been in there 3 times and wasn't impressed. Next to no ammo, almost no parts I wanted in stock. Just hitting it at the wrong times I guess.
I go to Academy to get their in-expensive house brand (BCG) summer clothes (wicking mat'l) for the grandkids, and sometimes myself. Or kayak and fishing accessories. The ammo shelves are pretty much bare when I get there, and I don't even bother going to that section of the store anymore.

That’s the way I feel about Academy but heard some rumblings about this part of Texas and thought I’d check it out. When I walked in I could see the empty shelves and was about to turnaround and leave. Instead I peeked down the aisle and there was a baker’s rack full of ammo at year-ago prices.

That’s the way I feel about Academy but heard some rumblings about this part of Texas and thought I’d check it out. When I walked in I could see the empty shelves and was about to turnaround and leave. Instead I peeked down the aisle and there was a baker’s rack full of ammo at year-ago prices.
Academy is hit or miss depending on the hordes who line up. I have found if I get there an hour after they open, I can get ammo if they have a shipment in. It is definately store related. Some stores rarely get ammo, others get gobs of it.

i only take name brand, non steel, and ammo that is priced decent. ($19.99 -$23 for 9mm and .308)

Stopped by two places after hitting the range this morning (for, I realized, the first time this year).

Lot more ammo on the shelves of the first place— 9mm blaster (Blazer Aluminum) was .50/rd, limit 100rds; Federal Punch was 1.25/rd ($25/20). Lots of .40 and .45, both blaster and defense; .60/rd for .40, .65 for .45.

And then, there was this.
4EFDCFB3-EF31-4E36-A5FD-9C64B27EE7AC.jpeg

Yeah. That’s gonna be over $16 per round after tax.

But if you absolutely, positively have to shoot a Cape Buff...accept no substitute.

I think that a lot of people are going to be buying cases and cases when the price comes down. Like millons of people.
That is going to be a big payday for whoever can supply those millions of cases. That said, has anyone shot any ammo brands they normally would not have, but will from now on? We have shot a couple 50 round boxes of brands we normally would not have bought and they seemed pretty good. I did drop a primer on a 5.56 round, and it was a name brand manufacturer. I also found that the pistols chewed through the aluminum stuff, but the carbine was not so sure about them. I think I had 2 fte's out of 3 mags.

They need to push some of that supply to their neighbors north of the red river.
Man, that was fast. Just got back from Academy and there was a good amount of ammo available on the shelves, including 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, and 450 Bushmaster for those hoping to bag a bigfoot. The wife and I picked up two boxes of 9mm ($21.99 for a box of 50) each due to restrictions. Note. There was nobody buying ammo, so maybe the hoarders are full up now.

Man, that was fast. Just got back from Academy and there was a good amount of ammo available on the shelves, including 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, and 450 Bushmaster for those hoping to bag a bigfoot. The wife and I picked up two boxes of 9mm ($21.99 for a box of 50) each due to restrictions. Note. There was nobody buying ammo, so maybe the hoarders are full up now.
Am seeing more and more ammo hitting the shelves in more common calibers like 9mm and some others, but not at pre covid pricing. Little to no ammo like 45LC yet. Finding one box @ $40./50 rnd lrn was a shocker! Until pricing comes down to more realistic pre covid prices for me, it can collect dust sitting on shelves. Same with reloading supplies. Am not that desperate. Try to never be. Local ammo, when available, has always been lower than online pricing here. Mostly do what can to help LGS when can because it keeps them floating. Many are mom and pop stores, they need the help. I don't hoard, I conserve is all.

Back