testtest

Ammo Question

i just got an email from a local store, that has cases of this Republic 9mm ammo, same price as TargetSports.

either Target Sports, or locally, i still (we all still) have to pay sales taxes....

at least, many states have demanded online retailers to collect sales taxes, from online sales in the past 2 years or so now.

Thanks for the opinions on New Republic.

Target ships free for cases (500 or 1000) lots, but if you’re a box or two or three of 50 at a time then the flat rate shipping/insurance and a decent price per round, it’s probably not different than buying over the counter at the LGS.
Competitive pricing between ammo dealers isn’t that great, or differentiate much more than 1-2¢ rnd. But the fast order fulfillment and shipping time is what impressed me with Target.
I did the Target Sports Membership for couple years ($100), but once my short-order purchases inventory steadied I let it lapse. I’m case purchasing now that prices coming down and suppliers aren’t locked down and out (yet) for the flu or executive order.
Go Big or Go LGS.

I am, or at least was, a reloader for about 30 years. But with the current costs and mainly the lack of components and powder, I've been buying factory ammo for the more common calibers for the last couple of years when I catch it on sale at a decent price. But I only buy the good stuff and I usually buy it in case lots. Not long ago I got a good deal on CCI 9mm and Winchester 5.56 on sale at Lucky Gunner.
One of the best things you can do is look up prices on ammoseek.com. This site will show you what's out there, how much and even compares shipping costs. I highly recommend it. (y)

I am, or at least was, a reloader for about 30 years. But with the current costs and mainly the lack of components and powder, I've been buying factory ammo for the more common calibers for the last couple of years when I catch it on sale at a decent price. But I only buy the good stuff and I usually buy it in case lots. Not long ago I got a good deal on CCI 9mm and Winchester 5.56 on sale at Lucky Gunner.
One of the best things you can do is look up prices on ammoseek.com. This site will show you what's out there, how much and even compares shipping costs. I highly recommend it. (y)
I’m similar.

I still load precision rifle/hunting loads, and my hunting .357 Magnums (I can beat Underwood/Doubletap/BB, but the primers might be a smidge flat…no worries out of an N-frame); as well as practice .38spl (a 158gr coated SWC at a sedate 800fps….).

But anything I’m gonna blow through a few hundred rounds at a time? I get commercial. Just not worth the time.

Yep, my feelings exactly. I just buy the common calibers such as .38, 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62 when they're on sale because its really cheaper and easier than taking the time to reload it.
I save my limited supply of powder and primers for such things as .44 Special and .45 Colt which are expensive in factory form and rarely go on sale.

i pretty much deleted all the ammo online retailers, since the scamdemic, and shortages came to an end. what i and a few others here have to watch for, is the "no shipping ammo" to some states now.

as it is, in my state, thanks to the morons that make up laws, i have to show my "Blue Card" to buy ammo..i think much like in MA, and IL, you need to prove you are allowed to buy guns and ammo.

sooner or later as "i see it", going LGS is in my future, and his prices are very competitive with online companies

Just bought 53 lbs worth Friday.
So, you get ammo by weight instead of quantity…..🤔🤔……
IMG_2150.gif

@Bassbob ordering his ammo, yea I would like 50 pounds of 9mm and throw in a 20 pounds of .45……..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back when I had my CCW class, I used my SA Ultra Compact in .45, which has been discontinued for years, the class supplied the ammo blazer brass, my gun would not feed it, no matter what, I tried other brands to see if it was the gun, Remington, Winchester white box, federal, all fed but the blazer still wouldn’t, milked the case rim and it was somewhat thicker and I’m thinking it wouldn’t slide under the extractor at times, now just for fun I tried there blazer aluminum case, worked fine….some guns are just finicky on ammo, now I tried the blazer brass in my colts with no problems…..just the way it is

Back