testtest

And so it begins...

Well, we are on the way north. I am excited and hopeful to harvest a white tailed buck with my new rifle. I don’t think any of the guys got doe tags this year. I’m posting this here, and if I’m lucky I will post a new thread. There is no cell service up there and WiFi is spotty. There’s boosted WiFi at the house though. Have a good weekend!

Just remember, it's very important to open the window before shooting!!! ;)

And maybe I missed it, but tell us about that new rifle! jj
IMG_3619.jpeg

I used to hunt with an ol' boy named Bill Nistendirk (RIP my friend). We called him Bill " Missing jerk". To him hunting season was a social event. We had a lot of property up on top of the tallest "Mountain" in Rhineland ( just outside of Hermann, Mo.) We had built a lodge, complete with a kitchen with gas appliances and gravity fed sink. Took the axles off an old school bus and dug it into the ground a few feet, built and installed a Vogelzang 55 gallon woodstove and built 6 or 7 sets of bunk beds. Every year the actual owner of the property had his kids and grandkids up there on opening day of rifle season, so we avoided it the first weekend. We bow hunted up there all fall though and rifle hunted the second week of the season and during the January extension. Bill would always call us ( Me and John) and give each of us a list of provisions for the "Hunt". Food and liquor and ice. We all had our own preset areas we hunted. John was out in the pines, Bill was in the field about 200 yards from the lodge and I sort of roamed the hillside just below the shoulder. Hunting this ground in virgin snow was the best time I ever had deer hunting. Dead silence and you could see for miles. I was a still hunting mofo. Just north of the Missouri river so lots of nice bucks. All my other hunting spots were down in southern, Mo. so no monster bucks really, just a bunch of ridge running acorn eaters.

Oh yeah, my point. As I said, Bill hunted in the field in what we lovingly referred to as La Chateau. It was a 12 x 15 wooden structure about 10' off the ground with windows around 3 sides of it, a small wood stove, a couple of chaise lounges, a small library and a urinal which terminated underground. Bill hunted with one of those Midas bows. You know, the kid or small woman sized deals. His had a "Fishing" reel attached to it with the string attached to his arrow. I never saw him kill a deer with it, but I did see that entire field covered in string a couple times. Hence the nickname "Missing Jerk". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I miss that place. And that old man.

Back