testtest

Another p320 "accidental discharge"

Even in the early lawsuits there were claims of P320s going off uncommanded. This is not new. Again, it was LEOs or school security. Apparently if one has a job where one is bored and fidgety, one should avoid a P320.
Seems the 1911 was changed due to that same "drop" problem. Could it be that the "fix" just exacerbated the problem in certain situations with certain parts that were used to "fix" the issue? This wouldn't be the first time in world history that certain products in an entire line got substandard parts that didn't pass QC and were just allowed to go to the manufacturer. I am not necessarily defending the victims, just looking at this from the manufacturing point of view, as I am in manufacturing and see all sides of supply chain versus quality control. Substandard product gets through the cracks. That is just how the real world works.

The early ones with the drop safe issue is not what we are talking about here. That's a whole other thing. I am willing to bet a :poop: ton of my own money that these guns do not fire on their own or without the trigger being pulled. Carrying a gun in a purse is kinda dumb to begin with. And anyone who carries any striker gun or any gun without a manual safety in a cocked position in a duffel bag wrapped in a towel, in a purse or any way other than in a holster that SECURES the gun in a position where THE ENTIRE TRIGGER GUARD is covered, is an idiot I don't care how much LEO training you have.

And for the record I am not a Sig owner. Never even shot one.

This is why I don't buy Sig's! They make enough money, they need to fix or buy back all those turds.
I’m sure you are aware that they have had a voluntary recall available to all owners to fix any of the pre-fix guns - 2019 and earlier. They have turned these guns round in a week and yet I know plenty of people who didn’t participate because they didn’t want to be away from their gun for that long. Go figure.

I bought my first Sig P320 M17 last week, I was looking also at the P320 Xcompact, I got the M17 due to it mostly having the manual safety just in case, plus I liked that it came with 3 mags, 1-17 and 2-21 rounders, grip module will be upgraded to a Wilson Combat module like a couple members here recommended to me

I bought my first Sig P320 M17 last week, I was looking also at the P320 Xcompact, I got the M17 due to it mostly having the manual safety just in case, plus I liked that it came with 3 mags, 1-17 and 2-21 rounders, grip module will be upgraded to a Wilson Combat module like a couple members here recommended to me
And because you wanted to be in the club with me and you-know-who.
32520BAA-446E-40B4-B170-889D7A267771.gif

I own a P320 XCOMPACT. Until proven otherwise, I'll trust Sig Sauer's design with both a striker safety and a disconnect safety. If not operator error, it should be easy to prove mechanically that the pistol is capable to discharge without trigger movement.

I got the M17 due to it mostly having the manual safety just in case, plus I liked that it came with 3 mags, 1-17 and 2-21 rounders, grip module will be upgraded to a Wilson Combat module like a couple members here recommended to me
I'm wondering if any of these firearms in question have external safeties? Do police issue have those? I sent mine back for the voluntary upgrade and mine has an external safety. Haven't had one issue.

Usually it’s improper holster or carrying methods (using the wrong holster like the Canadian troop did OR trying to holster a gun in a WML holster without a WML attached) or simply shoving a gun with a 5 pound trigger in a holster with 25 pounds of force.

Three pretty sizable State Police Agencies Texas, Virginia and Ohio (around 5,500-6,000 troopers combined then Wyoming just went and North Carolina went 320) issue 320’s and funny they have had no issues that I’m aware of it’s always a small to medium agency and a lot our Personal but Deoat Approved Firearms.

Like most mishaps it usually boils down to user error unfortunately!

My guess is they were magically unable to recreate the issue with the gun, like every other one of these lawsuits. Been going on for years and I have yet to see anyone able to prove one of these guns went off by themselves.
That being said since Sig Sauer told all the owners of this model handgun to return them for a “fix” to this problem,
(a recall without calling it a recall) they have in so much admitted to a known problem.

My opinion.

Maybe it was cheaper. Lawyers ya know. Plus even after the "Fix" weren't people still making these claims ?
Could be correct, I haven’t made it my mission to follow this to closely.

Again my opinion but if there is a problem, “alleged or proven” recall the gun, investigate, write off the loss, and show you are a responsible gun manufacturer willing to do the right thing.

Back