testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

Good bark. John Henry's Texas BrisketRub

Attachments

• Resized_20231126_165947.jpeg
    Resized_20231126_165947.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 33
Good bark. John Henry's Texas BrisketRub
Hard to tell from this view, but is that the whole packer or just the flat... doesn't look like a point from this angle. What I like to see is the 2 muscles separated or both sliced through and all those juices flowing!

BTW, did I mention not getting my post card? LOL! That was a real disappointment, especially now after actually seeing what I missed. I'm sure it was lost in the mail. Well, maybe next time. Anyway, big 'Thumbs up' man ... looks real good!

If you don't mind, what was your method IE: cook time/cook temp/finish internal temp/rest/etc? (Texas crutch or no). I suspect you used the BGE. YEh, I know, I know ... if you tell me all that, you'd have to kill me. Well, OK, kill me then (tongue in cheek!). It looks real good. (y)(y)jj

Hard to tell from this view, but is that the whole packer or just the flat... doesn't look like a point from this angle. What I like to see is the 2 muscles separated or both sliced through and all those juices flowing!

BTW, did I mention not getting my post card? LOL! That was a real disappointment, especially now after actually seeing what I missed. I'm sure it was lost in the mail. Well, maybe next time. Anyway, big 'Thumbs up' man ... looks real good!

If you don't mind, what was your method IE: cook time/cook temp/finish internal temp/rest/etc? (Texas crutch or no). I suspect you used the BGE. YEh, I know, I know ... if you tell me all that, you'd have to kill me. Well, OK, kill me then (tongue in cheek!). It looks real good. (y)(y)jj
Aftr trimming I inject it and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours. Take it out an hour before going to the smoker. Pat dry and coat with beef paste. Shake on heavy coverage of O Henry Texas Brisket Rub. On the BGE indirest at 225° until the internal temp is 165. Take it off and double wrap with wrapping mixture of honey and butter. Back on the smoker until it hits 195°. Put the whole thing into a 2.5 gallon ziplock anf into a towel lined cooler. Slice with a really sharp knife across the grain, opposite directions for the flat and point. Cut it with a fork. I serve with smoked sweet potatoes. I allow 16 hours for the whole process. Bon Apetite`

Aftr trimming I inject it and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours. Take it out an hour before going to the smoker. Pat dry and coat with beef paste. Shake on heavy coverage of O Henry Texas Brisket Rub. On the BGE indirest at 225° until the internal temp is 165. Take it off and double wrap with wrapping mixture of honey and butter. Back on the smoker until it hits 195°. Put the whole thing into a 2.5 gallon ziplock anf into a towel lined cooler. Slice with a really sharp knife across the grain, opposite directions for the flat and point. Cut it with a fork. I serve with smoked sweet potatoes. I allow 16 hours for the whole process. Bon Apetite`

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 29
Tonight's sort of a re-run of last night, except there are two Vidalia onion hamburger steaks tonight, buttered sweet corn, but tonight's potato is baked......

And chased with Yuengling Black & Tan....
Man, I wish I had the energy to actually cook during the week. Mister belladonna is on the road more often than not, and the last thing I feel like doing after a 10 hour shift is cooking. I had a microwaved Salisbury Steak, with a glass of Elderberry wine from Shade' Vineyards, Volga, South Dakota. I make up for it on the occasional weekend when I am grasped by an energy spurt. Someday maybe a recipe or two will pop up here. ;)
(If the mister was on this forum, I'd get that punch in the arm again...and the look :cool:)

I have a taste for a good Cab
I drink darn near everything traditional.
Not into sweet “made up wines” like white zinfandel and all that…

Sommelier in me … but, to each his own .. if someone is happy with a glass of wine in hand .. let them be happy.. i just wont care to take a taste

I asked KillerFord what language this was :
Mt veeder = winery name
Cab sauv = cabernet sauvignon

And he answered me with this:
Cabernet Sauvignon is the type of wine/grape …

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK wise guy ... I don't know this language either! What now? ;) :confused: :confused: ;)

And just what is wrong with some 'Cold Duck' or 'Sly Fox' ... or if we really want to splurge, maybe some 'Wild Irish Rose'. Now those are some real men wines!!! I can still remember enjoying those back in the 1960's. Did I say 'enjoy'?

Where's the bathroom ... I'm going to be sick again. It must have been the food! jj

Last edited:
Back