testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

Since I retired in '16 I became the house husband and cook all meals while my trophy wife still works.
I cook simple, complex, primitive, gourmet, and everything in between.
I use stove, oven, convection oven, air fryer, instapot, crock pot, gas grill, charcoal grill, griddle, microwave.
I fry, bake, boil, broil, sear, simmer, and grill
If its edible, I can cook it. I can make anything from a toasted cheese sandwich to a gourmet meal that I can't even pronounce.
The short answer is "YES"...
if it's printed on more than a postcard, if it requires watching a video, if the list of ingredients is longer than the US Constitution, then it's Peanut butter, jelly and banana sammiches for us.

my life is getting shorter by the day, i may not live to buy a chuck wagon full of groceries..

but i can fill a Flyer Red Wagon full of hot dogs, buns, peanut butter, jelly and bananas......

if it's printed on more than a postcard, if it requires watching a video, if the list of ingredients is longer than the US Constitution, then it's Peanut butter, jelly and banana sammiches for us.

my life is getting shorter by the day, i may not live to buy a chuck wagon full of groceries..

but i can fill a Flyer Red Wagon full of hot dogs, buns, peanut butter, jelly and bananas......
But is there a truck stop nearby?

Smoked Angus Prime rib ( standing rib roast), garlic/rosemary mashed taters, and Honey, brown sugar glazed carrots. Horseradish sauce.
IMG_4426.jpeg
IMG_4424.jpeg

Raymond Napa Cab for wine..
Nice Sunday meal for this rainy, dreary day

Smoked Angus Prime rib ( standing rib roast), garlic/rosemary mashed taters, and Honey, brown sugar glazed carrots. Horseradish sauce. View attachment 47424View attachment 47423

Raymond Napa Cab for wine..
Nice Sunday meal for this rainy, dreary day
Talk about portion-control on that plate you got there....Looks like about 1/4 of what I'd plate up of a smoked prime...

Diced a pork loin and added it to my perpetual pot of pasta sauce......

Now, after adding the pork to the pot, I added a small can of Hunts garlic and oregano sauce to the mixture, and it's on low heat to slow cook until later this evening.

Then it'll be ready for pasta, might be Angel hair, or Penne, or elbow macaroni.....
Haven't decided yet.....

If my slow cooked meats finish early, I put the meat in a 2.5 gallon ziplock and put it in a towel lined cooler. It will stay hot for hours and continue to steam itself in the bag.
The old faux cambrio. I actually never serve a brisket or pork butt without at least 2 hours in the cooler. I've found it helps brisket a bunch, not really needed on a butt...but it certainly doesn't hurt. It does soften a crust, however. I don't mind. I skip the ziplock, just wrap in foil (sometimes butcher paper or both), wrap in towels, and let it sit.

Eat well and often today, friends...🐷

The old faux cambrio. I actually never serve a brisket or pork butt without at least 2 hours in the cooler. I've found it helps brisket a bunch, not really needed on a butt...but it certainly doesn't hurt. It does soften a crust, however. I don't mind. I skip the ziplock, just wrap in foil (sometimes butcher paper or both), wrap in towels, and let it sit.

Eat well and often today, friends...🐷
Adam Perry Lang recommends putting it back on the smoker at higher heat for a half hour before serving, it works especially welll to tighten bbq sauce. I don't put bbq sauce on meat anymore-jus put the bottle on the table- so I skip that step.

All four of our adult children and a bunch of grandkids together. With two on active duty for years, It happens about once every 3 years. The Big Green Eggs have stayed hot since Monday. Mohito chicken breasts Tuesday, Bacon Avacado Salsa Burgers Wednesday, Smoked Turkey and Ham Thursday with all the fixins, Turkey Tortilla Soup and chicken and ham sandwiches Friday, Alder Planked Salmon and Shrimp tonight, Brisket and Smoked Sweet Potatoes on Sunday. Lots of stories and laughter around the fire pit each night. The dogs are in dog heaven with all the attention. We are so blessed. Sadness will set in Monday when they go their separate ways but Mrs Greener and I will be due for a rest. Life is good.

Back