testtest

Are Binary Triggers worth it?

Had a Franklin on my CZ Scorpion. Fun range toy nothing more. Made people giggle. Doesnt always fire the 2nd shot. Turns out one of the springs is too weak but can be replaced fairly easily. Its a known issue in the CZ platform. Between that and the election coming up, the whole SBR tax stamp deal and the price of ammo, we sold it at the gun show. It would burn a 50 round drum quick. Wife said just stop... dont shoot the whole drum. Turns out I didnt have that ability.
Don’t beat yourself up too bad. No mortal man has that ability. ;-)

And it edit myself (I apologize for annoying you with so many questions), I meant did you put the Franklin Armory spring that comes with trigger in the PDW buffer, I accidentally said replace buffer tube, but I meant spring.
Oh no, dont use the Franklin supplied springs in the pdw. The PDW uses a proprietary spring to work with the rest of the Maxim peices.

Franklin BFS III's sent to the gunsmith with the Edge pistol and Edge PDW.

I also splurged and bought a Rare Breed for an AR lower, will need to figure out which buffer weight and BCG I will utilize for making this run optimally.

Leaning toward a Geissele REBCG and H3 buffer weight. Thoughts welcome.

I think they are fun, I went the Franklin Armory route I have an issue with the trigger block not perfectly fitting in with the upper? The trigger block is set far back and had to be slide/shimmy'd forward to close the upper. Any helpful tips send them my way on how I can have the upper fit perfectly with the lower

I don't like the idea of binary other than to throw lead as quickly as I can wiggle my booger hook. That said, it's the operation of it. If you decide after squeezing the trigger that you don't want the next round going downrange, you have to hold the trigger to the rear and make a conscious effort to flip the selector from binary to semi or safe, then release the trigger. It doesn't seem like much till you tell yourself to do it. I believe both FA and Echo both run off the same procedure.
One that has caught my attention, is this forced reset trigger. It does require a full auto bolt carrier, but most are now equipped that way anyway.
I've been on the waitlist. Its pricey, but I think its pretty sharp.
I just put a FRT in one of my ARs. I shot one at the range a few weeks ago, what a hoot that was!

Franklin BFS III's sent to the gunsmith with the Edge pistol and Edge PDW.

I also splurged and bought a Rare Breed for an AR lower, will need to figure out which buffer weight and BCG I will utilize for making this run optimally.

Leaning toward a Geissele REBCG and H3 buffer weight. Thoughts welcome.
I too just put a FRT in one of my ARs. I went w/ an H3 Buffer. Can’t wait to get it out and stretch her legs!

Back