testtest

Are silencers worth the money?

Its cheaper and faster to build one yourself and have the ATF approve it. I believe its a Form 2. Just building one without approval is not worth the price that might ensue.

Form 1, and yes the the approval time is right at 30 days for efile form 1. Just finished an SBR a couple moths ago. The Surefire suppressor I bought has been in waiting almost 8 months.

Form 1, and yes the the approval time is right at 30 days for efile form 1. Just finished an SBR a couple moths ago. The Surefire suppressor I bought has been in waiting almost 8 months.
Are you referring to the Zenith Z5R as the SBR? That thing is awesome! Does it have a binary trigger that I saw in your video?

Last edited:
Silencer shop is where I bought my Rugged Razor they are top notch for service. Its encouraging to hear it did not take a year to receive approval.
I and my local gun shop were amazed how fast the approval process was completed. I had to travel out of town to get to a SilencerShop kiosk to do the fingerprints and forms. SilencerShop keep me updated and provided additional contacts via email during the approval procees. I will order another suppressor via SilencerShop online and the gun shop with kiosk for my 1911 45 in a few months.

I've always wanted one, but never wanted to do all that paperwork and deal with all the headaches. I also did not want to be on a "list" like that, heck, I probably already am!
I'm with you there Mil-Spec. I was hoping that the Hearing Protection Act would be quickly signed into law so I (we), wouldn't have to deal with any federal paper work and tax stamp. As for lists, I hear where your coming from and agree that the government (specifically the NSA), is always watching and listening. It wouldn't surprise me if the NSA hasn't already unleashed their "Spider Bots" to search the Web and compile massive amounts of personal information which would include Gun sites like this one to record who may have weapons, their thoughts, etc. That massive new building in Utah ain't there for show.

I've always wanted one, but never wanted to do all that paperwork and deal with all the headaches. I also did not want to be on a "list" like that, heck, I probably already am!
If you can find a SilencerShop kiosk near by to use, the paper work will not be an issue. I bought mine because I was afraid we may not be able to as easily in the future.

I bet they are lots of fun, but I can't see spending that amount of money on them (and the $200 tax stamp). I guess if I did I'd want to get a multi-cal one that could work on a lot of guns....
Theres a lot of companies that have NFA sales were they pay of the stamp or offer BOGO. Ranier Arms has a NFA sale annually and Silencer Co has BOGO. Just subscribe to them.

However, I can not recommend Elite Iron cans enough. You have to hear the difference to believe it.

Theres a lot of companies that have NFA sales were they pay of the stamp or offer BOGO. Ranier Arms has a NFA sale annually and Silencer Co has BOGO. Just subscribe to them.

However, I can not recommend Elite Iron cans enough. You have to hear the difference to believe it.
I'm going to subscribe to them myself! I got a free 5.56 bronze flash hider with my Rugged razor 762.

I would recommend speaking to a company like silencer shop to get a better understanding of the pros and cons of different ways to aquire a tax stamp. Also a lawyer friend of mine said if going the trust route, to hire a lawyer that specializes in trust work as the single shot and and cheap online basic trust won't hold up in a real court if ever needed.
What was his argument/proof/facts that the online trusts "won't hold up in a real court"? Either it's legal or it's not. Does he specialize in firearm trust work?

What was his argument/proof/facts that the online trusts "won't hold up in a real court"? Either it's legal or it's not. Does he specialize in firearm trust work?
Its been my experience that they take their time processing trust applications. It always takes about a full year, even though it is the same background check for the normal. The advantage is that they allow for seamless transfer within the trust. For example if you have three persons on the trust all three can use or be in possession without needing to make a transfer, or if something should happen to one member they still have the legal right to keep them. Its just a another tool.

The will is the easy part and the fastest, but the wait starts there. I have heard several are less than 3 months in Texas at least. This is from what people in my local town told me that purchased them.

Forget the wait and back too the price being worth it, maybe the company should offer a tax stamp rebate with approved purchase!
A few companies do offer a free tax stamp with purchase currently which makes the high cost of the suppressor and included tax stamp palatable.

Considering recoil reduction, flinch reduction (possibly elimination), and the obvious noise reduction, I find it difficult to think negatively. The draconian statutes and stigmas attached to suppressors is maddening.

I have thought about getting a suppressor, there are a lot of positive things going for purchasing one on a trust. To me the negatives are cost, and that tax stamp along with the wait. I have heard from a local place that an eform has gone through as quickly as 10 days. If purchasing one I would take the eform definitely. Silenceco and their Kiosk is a great idea, I have a dealer across the street from me that has one.

I have thought about getting a suppressor, there are a lot of positive things going for purchasing one on a trust. To me the negatives are cost, and that tax stamp along with the wait. I have heard from a local place that an eform has gone through as quickly as 10 days. If purchasing one I would take the eform definitely. Silenceco and their Kiosk is a great idea, I have a dealer across the street from me that has one.
I used the kiosk at a local gun store and they told me they have been getting approval in about 3 months on average. I will be pumped if this is true for me that will only mean 1 more month to go fingers crossed.

Back