testtest

Are You Carrying the Right Gun?

👍article. I carry the same piece, M&P9 EZ, year-round nowadays. No worries about bears, with the only 4-legged wild animal possibly showing-up where I live (semi-rural), might be a coyote. IWB when venturing out into the general public, and OWB paddle holster at the range, and at night when walking the pup on my itty-bitty 3/4 acre property. :)

I keep going to my S&W Shield 45 every time I go out nowadays. I was carrying a Taurus G3C, a G2c, and sometimes my Taurus G3, all good guns, great in fact. But, as has always seemed the case since I started carrying a handgun EDC many years ago, there's just something about a .45..lol. Too many movies as a kid I guess, also the Shield 45 is the most concealable 45 ACP handgun I've ever owned, bar none. Now that I've gotten over my carrying a round in the chamber phobia I like carrying the .45 EDC.

Got a CZ P10S coming in tomorrow, my first delve into the CZ world, hoping it shoots as well as it's been reviewed....

I keep going to my S&W Shield 45 every time I go out nowadays. I was carrying a Taurus G3C, a G2c, and sometimes my Taurus G3, all good guns, great in fact. But, as has always seemed the case since I started carrying a handgun EDC many years ago, there's just something about a .45..lol. Too many movies as a kid I guess, also the Shield 45 is the most concealable 45 ACP handgun I've ever owned, bar none. Now that I've gotten over my carrying a round in the chamber phobia I like carrying the .45 EDC.

Got a CZ P10S coming in tomorrow, my first delve into the CZ world, hoping it shoots as well as it's been reviewed....

Yeah in the warm months I carry a Shield .45 too. Except at work. I carry a Shield PC .40 at work.

Jacket weather I go OWB and carry whatever I feel like carrying.

I have changed my carry gun several times. My last switch was from a Glock 26 to the Sig P365. The 365 has been 100% reliable, is easy to conceal, and I shoot it well. I picked up a 9mm XDS Mod.2 awhile back when I found it on sale for a price I couldn't pass up. I've found that the wider grip fits my hand perfectly with the 8-round magazine, and the flatter grip prevents printing with most of my wardrobe. I'm seriously considering switching to the XDS for my EDC, but switching from 12+1 to 8+1 is the only think holding me back.

After following this thread for awhile it’s obvious that the right carry gun is different for everyone which is understandable. It comes down to what you’re comfortable with and can handle based on muscle memory and of course based on body type what you conceal the best. I’ve had many different handguns, full size and compacts, my EDC guns ended up being my XDM Mod2’s Sub Compacts, I had all 3 the 9, 40 and 45 and constantly rotated all 3 in and out of concealed carry. What I found out was I ended up carrying my 40SW more often.
In the last year that’s my “right” gun it conceals on me very well, it fits my hand and I can shoot it lights out. As the weather gets colder I’m going to start using my shoulder rig under a jacket carrying my 1911 RO so we shall see how that fits as well.

I have said before that I usually rotate 4 H&K's. Once in a while I carry my Sig P365 I just usually prefer a larger gun. My oldest gun a Sig P226 does see duty on rare occasions. Just to have a holster for it I did have Wright Leather make a holster for my new CZ TSO but not sure if I am ready to carry a 3lb gun with a 2lb SA trigger.

I have changed my carry gun several times. My last switch was from a Glock 26 to the Sig P365. The 365 has been 100% reliable, is easy to conceal, and I shoot it well. I picked up a 9mm XDS Mod.2 awhile back when I found it on sale for a price I couldn't pass up. I've found that the wider grip fits my hand perfectly with the 8-round magazine, and the flatter grip prevents printing with most of my wardrobe. I'm seriously considering switching to the XDS for my EDC, but switching from 12+1 to 8+1 is the only think holding me back.
I wondered about that issue too! 15 rnd clip or 7 round?
Made me practice more!
Now when I carry 7+1 with 6 round backup clip, I have more confidence!
Still like the 15+1 as a carry, with 15 rnd backup, when necessary or wearing appropriate clothing!
Practice practice practice!

Back