testtest

Assault weapon ban vote tomorrow 7/30/2022

Dillon Justice welcome to the forum. You'll find that we are serious about our guns, serious about respecting member's opinions, and serious about having a good time.​

I was shocked to be threaten with physical violence over a post when I hadn't even had a discussion with the guy, but I was even more shocked that the Ruger Forum wouldn't do anything about it. Glad to know I'm welcome here. Thanks everyone for the support.

To get back on the thread, I was watching my local news last night and they reported that Congress passed a semi-automatic gun ban, which I immediately emailed there news director and said your station reported that wrong and it was an assault weapons ban, and what you said will mislead the public on actually what took place, even sent the bill to them…..and of course no reply, but I think I got my point across
Two things here:

1. In the eyes of many of the ignorant, all semi-automatic guns are considered "assault weapons". They believe that all semi-automatic guns will be banned under 1808.

2. This wasn't an accident. The plan is to report a ban of all semi-automatic weapons. When the uninformed learn that it isn't what happened, they will then become "outraged" and demand that it is corrected. Either the Marxists will claim it's the "will of the people" and we must do it or they will say it's the fault of the unwashed that it didn't happen.

Regardless, this is but a step in the process. We have heard all the drivel before, and as long as that pesky Constitution stands in the way of the Marxists they will continue to try to get around it.

Remember, the end game was spelled out by Barry O; to FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE this country.

Two things here:

1. In the eyes of many of the ignorant, all semi-automatic guns are considered "assault weapons". They believe that all semi-automatic guns will be banned under 1808.

2. This wasn't an accident. The plan is to report a ban of all semi-automatic weapons. When the uninformed learn that it isn't what happened, they will then become "outraged" and demand that it is corrected. Either the Marxists will claim it's the "will of the people" and we must do it or they will say it's the fault of the unwashed that it didn't happen.

Regardless, this is but a step in the process. We have heard all the drivel before, and as long as that pesky Constitution stands in the way of the Marxists they will continue to try to get around it.

Remember, the end game was spelled out by Barry O; to FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE this country.
Not sure why when the "uninformed learn that it isn't what happened, they will then become "outraged" because as you stated as they are uninformed. Why would the uninformed become outrage over something that they are uninformed about? Trying to follow your logic here. Explain please. Thanks

Not sure why when the "uninformed learn that it isn't what happened, they will then become "outraged" because as you stated as they are uninformed. Why would the uninformed become outrage over something that they are uninformed about? Trying to follow your logic here. Explain please. Thanks
I should have probably referred to them as consumers of commercial media. The commercial media makes an effort to keep their consumers uninformed.

The commercial media will spin failure to pass 1808 into law as a travesty. They will play upon the fears of their consumers and try to drive them to demand more draconian action to protect society. We don't need to look further into the past than the corrupt way the recent Supreme Court decisions were reported to see evidence of this.

The Marxist left wants people to follow feelings and emotion where public policy is concerned. Those who are ignorant of the truth are especially malleable. The commercial media is dedicated to keeping the general public ignorant. Ignorant people led by corrupt people are easily manipulated. When they are told they should be outraged, they will comply.

I do not think the bill will be passed by the Senate, but if it is, I do not think it will pass Constitutional muster.

But here is a practical consideration. If the bill is passed and becomes law, what happens to all the banned firearms and magazines that are in the supply pipeline and on the racks in gun shops, and cannot then be legally transferred? Do the dealers get stuck with them? Perhaps someone here who is closer to the problem than I will have the answer.

I do not think the bill will be passed by the Senate, but if it is, I do not think it will pass Constitutional muster.

But here is a practical consideration. If the bill is passed and becomes law, what happens to all the banned firearms and magazines that are in the supply pipeline and on the racks in gun shops, and cannot then be legally transferred? Do the dealers get stuck with them? Perhaps someone here who is closer to the problem than I will have the answer.
It’s a question I’ve been pondering myself and also would like to know more. The only thing would be a date when the actual ban would take affect and allow inventory to be sold.
I know p……… into the wind.

I think you are likely correct with regard to passage/constitutional review.

Should it pass, I would expect there to be a window of time before it takes effect. Add to that the certainty of legal challenges (which should include a stay on enforcement), and I don't necessarily think that retailers will be stuck with inventory.

I would expect an initial spike in prices of these items should the measure pass. If it looked for certain that it would become law, the overwhelming majority of retailers would drop prices immediately before it did to cut their losses.

In 1986 when new sales of NFA items were banned, if manufacturers had registered serial numbers with ATF by the time the law was signed then those receivers were considered to be transferable. For semi-autos there will be some sort of cut-off date, but I'm not sure how it will be inforced. When the first ban went into effect in 1994 it didn't affect the sale of existing guns in dealer inventory. When the day comes manufacturers will probably have to supply the final serial number when they end their run. The gun maker who has 10,000 or more serialized receivers will probably be able to complete those, but prices will double over night. Now you see why ghost guns had to be banned first. So what will be next if production comes to a halt? I'm afraid that at some point in the future the feds will mandate the registration of "assault weapons". so they can be taxed like NFA items. That will make it easier to collect them up if the gov't knows who owns them and where they are located. One will have to get permisson to transfer ownership. If you don't think that's what the anti-gunners have in mind then just keep whisling.

Back