testtest

Assault Weapon Ban

2 months until mid terms. The house has passed every ridiculous law you can imagine. Manchin has pretty much insured they get no traction in the senate. In 2 months the democrats won't be running the house and most likely the senate either.

They have introduced the same or similar legislation every year. It never makes it out of committee. It’s just getting more traction because the media AND these YouTube gun channels push the fear mongering because of the couple high profile tragedies.

Yes we need to be legislatively aware but take a lot of these channels with a grain of salt at times too.

The biggest thing that bothers me is the lack of educated rebuttal within the news media interviews. Even in somewhat conservative outlets nobody that I hear is countering the exaggerated or iutright false claim. Like when an Everytown or Mom group goes on about the (exaggerated number because they count suicide and accidents and justified homicides) in the deaths

Or how successful the AWB in 1994 was (it was their feel good policy but never Banned everything aaR 15’s were still made just without a flash hider or bayonet lug and they’re so called hi cap magazines weee never not allowed to keep just new ones had to be marked MIL/LE.

Forget the senators name but one was claiming on cable news (I was listing in the care) she was a Federal agent during that AWB and had mags marked Mil/LE only so she was safer. Jane soccer moms don’t know any better or “the rest of the story”

The 1994 AWB only passed by 2 votes and only passed because it grandfathered everything and you still could buy all but no flash hider an AR style rifle. Had those provisions not been there it wouldn’t have passed.

A funny thing with the 1994 AWB, with the instant Background check requirements in it my state did away with the 7 day waiting list for non Handgun Permit holders. You don’t hear that somewhat plus thrown around by the Everytown group!

Something you dont hear about from the AWB was the number of LEO that had to sit behind desks because of domestic abuse history. Couldnt carry their duty weapon. Simply brilliant piece of legislation. I do remember getting an insane amount of money for my pre ban Colt Mt6700 at a gun show.

Something you dont hear about from the AWB was the number of LEO that had to sit behind desks because of domestic abuse history. Couldnt carry their duty weapon. Simply brilliant piece of legislation. I do remember getting an insane amount of money for my pre ban Colt Mt6700 at a gun show.
Actually that wasn’t in the AWB of 1994 that was a separate bill known as the Lautenberg Amendment. The LA came about as law around 1995/96

I was working in Municiple LE and as a Contract Guard for the US Marahals and we had to sign Affidavits that we had no DV misdemeanors since our last background checks right when it became law.

A law enforcement officer with a domestic violence conviction should not be a law enforcement officer.

Here we go again. I honestly feel a little nervous about this one. Hopefully I am worried for nothing.

I already signed and sent the FPC "Take Action" alert for this bill to my Congresswoman (Democrat, and will most likely vote YES for any Gun Control ban). Here's the GOA "Take Action" alert for this bill for those that want to sign and send it to their Congressional Representatives.

They’re having a tough time banning gasoline and engines, so they’re devising workarounds for that with the DoE. So watch, starting out now with a new overreaching DOJ, a “reimagined” ATF and IRS, eager to bypass any legislation to do the bidding.

They have a mere six months left in control of Congress and have to make the best to push their wicked agendas into the public forefront rotation in order to mask everything else that has affected everyday issues, mainly the economy they ruined.

The fix is in for something bigger and the distractions have to be drilled in, emphasized, drawn up and try to get voted on before November because afterJan 3, 2023 not much will come their way.

They have more disfunction now then when they started and now all these issues they created are overlapping each other. So in the rotation; there’s gun bans, abortion, immigration, drugs, violent crime, green deals, emerging pandemics, the Jan6 unselect commission finale…oh and those energy sector shortfalls - don’t worry, they say the economy is at its best in decades and reckless spending isn’t so.

The sky is calling. No gun ban but plenty of yammering.

Not exactly the same but close ..... I still have a hard time believing the congress (especially Senate) recently confirmed the POTUS nominee for ATF Director. This guy is trouble coming. Steve Dettelbach, a career prosecutor, only the second person to be confirmed as the agency's director in 16 years. Here's his definition of an 'assault' rifle. What experience as a prosecutor serves to make a good ATF Director? He may be a great guy, but the question still lingers.

POTUS's pick to head the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) definition is: “Any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine above a . 22 caliber.” It is a definition that boggles the mind! This is the guy who has been picked to head the ATF/E. If this guy doesn't know the real definition, then how can he be expected to be fair and effective in such a position? And this definition actually exempts the AR15 which is technically a .22 cal.

Not exactly the same but close ..... I still have a hard time believing the congress (especially Senate) recently confirmed the POTUS nominee for ATF Director. This guy is trouble coming. Steve Dettelbach, a career prosecutor, only the second person to be confirmed as the agency's director in 16 years. Here's his definition of an 'assault' rifle. What experience as a prosecutor serves to make a good ATF Director? He may be a great guy, but the question still lingers.

POTUS's pick to head the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) definition is: “Any semi-automatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine above a . 22 caliber.” It is a definition that boggles the mind! This is the guy who has been picked to head the ATF/E. If this guy doesn't know the real definition, then how can he be expected to be fair and effective in such a position? And this definition actually exempts the AR15 which is technically a .22 cal.
Nominated only because of a few RINO’S!

Nominated only because of a few RINO’S!
Not only nominated now, but confirmed !!! :cautious: :(:mad: And think of the semi-auto rifles his definition fits ..... the 742 Remingtons and the whole 7XX series that followed, The Brownings, all four grades. Hell, I'm not going to list them all, just think about any semi-auto you're familiar with having a detachable magazine over a .22LR. Pathetic!!!

The ATF should be abolished. They serve no function. They are not allowed to create gun laws and we have about 17 other alphabet organizations currently enforcing them, so what is it that they are supposed to be doing?

The ATF should be abolished. They serve no function. They are not allowed to create gun laws and we have about 17 other alphabet organizations currently enforcing them, so what is it that they are supposed to be doing?
They regulate a ton of alcohol importation and domestic laws as prob majority of their daily biz. I deal with them occasionally on the alcohol side of things with new label approval on beers

The problems with ATF or any agency under the DOJ is too many chiefs jockeying for promotion, far too many non-sworn personnel and not enough field personnel. If these agencies actually focused on the law and not directed to tend BigGuys political agendas, the backlogs and credibility doubts wouldn't exist.
Reminder; the leader has a huge chip on his shoulder…think about it, Passed over Twice!

For the record;
“Dettelbach was narrowly confirmed, receiving 48 votes supporting him and 46 votes against. Two Republican senators made the difference, as Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine, and Rob Portman, R-Ohio, voted in his favor.”
Be reminded of the Dettlebach resumé and his list of references...the initials are B.O., E.H. and L.L.

Back