testtest

ATF "AR Pistol Spec Changes"?

Here's Odin's website.

What's the difference between the lite and heavy??

So I need a buffer that weighs in at a min of 5oz? Does the spring length factor is as well??
Are you using a carbine length buffer tube or are you using a rifle length fixed stock buffer tube? You should have a spring length based on buffer tube length. Sometimes a longer/stronger spring helps with AR's with cycling problems like when using an AR-9 it's recommended to use an AR-308 spring. The spring tension rate will matter in your setup.

Buffer spring quality also matters.

Are you using a carbine length buffer tube or are you using a rifle length fixed stock buffer tube? You should have a spring length based on buffer tube length. Sometimes a longer/stronger spring helps with AR's with cycling problems like when using an AR-9 it's recommended to use an AR-308 spring. The spring tension rate will matter in your setup.

Buffer spring quality also matters.
A buffer tube for a collapsible stock

Here's Odin's website.

I'm kind of new to this and appreciate all the help.... but I'm a little confused....wouldn't a heavier buffer slow down the cycling of the gun?? I would think that a lighter buffer would be the way to go?? Can you explain why ? TY !

I'm kind of new to this and appreciate all the help.... but I'm a little confused....wouldn't a heavier buffer slow down the cycling of the gun?? I would think that a lighter buffer would be the way to go?? Can you explain why ? TY !
If the rifle/carbine is over-gassed a heavier buffer will compensate for that, but even in a properly gassed gun a slightly heavier buffer will lessen the recoil but still allow for the gun to function properly.

To simplify what I'm trying to say is that, fast violent cycling doesn't equate to reliability.

Cycling too fast can reduce the dwell time before the bolt unlocks, this increases extraction pressure since the case has not fully contracted. This increased tension under extraction bleeds off inertia and can lead to short strokes which can cause double feeds.

Disclaimer:
I am not an engineer and what I stated here is information I've researched in the past for some of the builds I've put together.

Last edited:
To simplify what I'm trying to say is that, fast violent cycling doesn't equate to reliability.

Cycling too fast can reduce the dwell time before the bolt unlocks, this increases extraction pressure since the case has not fully contracted. This increased tension under extraction bleeds off inertia and can lead to short strokes which can cause double feeds.

Disclaimer:
I am not an engineer and what I stated here is information I've researched in the past for some of the builds I've put together.
Thanks again !

Back