testtest

ATF Pistol Brace Ban Struck Down in Federal Court

I wish one of the Courts would rule on 2A grounds rather than APA. While APA is a winner, it is fixable by the ATF. They could simply start over with a new rule and follow the APA.

Agreed. Time to put this BS to bed. My understanding is the appeal will be ruled on by the 5th Circuit, right?

I wish one of the Courts would rule on 2A grounds rather than APA. While APA is a winner, it is fixable by the ATF. They could simply start over with a new rule and follow the APA.
That's my thought. If/when this current rule is overturned (based on APA), ATF will just do a new rule. In the end, I do think the barrel limits (defined by congress in NFA 1934) will have to be overturned/nullified in order for brace pistols to not be NFA items. Just my opinion based on history and the courts regarding 2A - hope I'm wrong. (But I'd love to see the barrel limits and suppressors no longer be NFA items at the least.)

Anyone heard anything from the 5th since the ATF's recent appeal? I realize with the holidays, this all might be getting kicked down the road till the new year.

Not gonna lie, if i found one of them SBS around here i'd have to pony up the tax stamp money.
Hey BF. That VR80 SBS you like. I'm the builder. I love the SBS's. I have many. I'm also tax stamp poor. That VR80 is not difficult to build. That one has an 8.5 inche barrel. Whats difficult is to get them to run as good as any semi auto. That one does it nicely. It was my first VR80 SBS. Another one on the build right now just a bit shorter, 7 inches. Just started that project a week ago. Some pics on AR15.com under 7" VR80 SBS build. Nothing more fun to shoot than a well tuned semi auto SBS (except a full auto SBS) Pic is a Remington V3 11 inch folder nearing completion. Super sweet. Multi pic has a Komrad, the VR80, the V3, and a 10" Saiga 12 folder.

Attachments

• IMG_2519.JPG
    IMG_2519.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2520.JPG
    IMG_2520.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Awesome welcome to the site. I bet that thing is fun to shoot. I couldnt build one. I'm lucky to walk and chew gum at the same time. I got no skills.

Awesome welcome to the site. I bet that thing is fun to shoot. I couldnt build one. I'm lucky to walk and chew gum at the same time. I got no skills.
Sure ya could. So much fun to build as well as shoot. I just purchassed a Genisis Arms GEN 12 7" Breacher. It has a recipricating barrel that reduces recoil a ton. The breacher is not attached to the barrel, it has its own frame. Barrel set in about 1.75 inches. I waited 8 months to get this gem.

Attachments

• IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4679.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4682.jpg
    IMG_4682.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Anyone have an update on the coming court battle? Court date?I have three SBR's in the ATF prison submitted during the free SBR time frame. I was told they are on indefinate hold until settled in court. The injuction was in force. They have been locked up since July 2023. Called them twice and they won't tell me anything saying they have no instruction on how to procede. I asked if I could pay for the tax stamps and they still had no answer.

Anyone have an update on the coming court battle? Court date?I have three SBR's in the ATF prison submitted during the free SBR time frame. I was told they are on indefinate hold until settled in court. The injuction was in force. They have been locked up since July 2023. Called them twice and they won't tell me anything saying they have no instruction on how to procede. I asked if I could pay for the tax stamps and they still had no answer.

Mock v. Garland and the other consolidated cases are still in briefing at the Fifth Circuit. https://www.firearmspolicy.org/mock

More than likely, it will be scheduled for oral argument within a few months and then a decision to follow.

I'm comitted to just paying the tax stamps on these three SBR's but the other end of the line doesn't know how to proceed with even paying for the stamps. Thanks for the info.

Going on a long road trip. What is the current status of braces? Am I good?
When you're traveling always check what the laws are for the areas you're traveling through since they vary from state to state across the country, regardless if it's the brace issue.

My .02

Back