testtest

Awww Hell(ion) . New rifle

Sunday is range day.
New eyes
New rifle

Suppressor ready out of the box and I plan to test it out .

View attachment 30973

Hellion suppressed vs Saint Victor 16” barrel

View attachment 30974
KF,
I see with those new eyes you are going with just the gun sights for now.

It will be interesting to see how that 2 position gas block works in suppressor mode.

Is it still configured for lefthand eject too? If so that would be a good handicap for you so the rest of us might catch up with you. 🤣

KF,
I see with those new eyes you are going with just the gun sights for now.

It will be interesting to see how that 2 position gas block works in suppressor mode.

Is it still configured for lefthand eject too? If so that would be a good handicap for you so the rest of us might catch up with you. 🤣
Yes, left ejection for my lefty rifle shooting 🙂

Optic came in.
Vortex SE 1x8 LVPO
Hellion is ready for range report tomorrow :

B5F022DD-0135-4C13-886B-077BC7DE3653.jpeg

Shoots fantastic… !!!
A nice tac driver of a gun.
Used Win .223 55gr range rounds.

70CAC90B-ABBF-4EA6-852A-5B66CEA002C2.jpeg
C60D2DB4-BE7D-4590-8297-44CA92910301.jpeg

Sighting in new Vortex 1x8 Strike Eagle:
- 25 yards indoor ( i wanted to be 1” to 1.5” low for 100 yrds.
Walked in for 25 yards after some 15 yrd to hit paper
- round 1 hit low left 7 o clock
- round 2 hit almost center on right about 3oclock
- adjusted scope and round 3 hit 6oclock center 1.5” low
- rounds 4-8 all in same hole as round 3

I’d say we are good👍

Rifle was an excellent shooter and fantasic bullpup. Trigger sucks worse than AUG, but otherwise excellent.
Ran suppressed out of the box flawless with the built in gas regulator. 🕺🕺🕺🕺😎😎😎😎👏👏👏👏

Ambi charging handle is outstanding

Hoping sunday to go outdoor and tun it thru the paces

Sort of like a good nitroed micro-brew with a tomato juice chaser? o_O

If I was going to get another bullpup it would be a Desert Tech MDRX in 6.5 CM, with a spare .308 barrel.

View attachment 30294

Handled one Saturday at the LGS.
$2200 for the 5.56
Pretty slick ride.
If I didnt have a Hellion and Aug, i probably would have snatched it up

Just not an AK fan.
Have shot some really nice pre ban and others. Just not my thing.
It was my fathers, whom I have many fond memories of shooting with him as a kid but he basically ignored my family and his grandkids for last 10 years or so.

My oldest doesn’t like the feel of it( and is left handed) and the stock is too small for myself and my wife.

It’s just really tempting to get a more modern platform that has more flexibility and all of us can use more easily.

It was my fathers, whom I have many fond memories of shooting with him as a kid but he basically ignored my family and his grandkids for last 10 years or so.

My oldest doesn’t like the feel of it( and is left handed) and the stock is too small for myself and my wife.

It’s just really tempting to get a more modern platform that has more flexibility and all of us can use more easily.
Sorry to see something from your father go, but maybe sell it locally and buy something that suits everyones needs

I don’t think your son will be a fan of the Hellion, either—or you’ll have to switch it to left ejection for him.

Hellion is a no tools , less than 5 min switch to left ejection. Was a breeze.

I actually switched it to right ejection for a friend on the lane and back to me for the left.

Best design on a rifle yet for us lefties
That’s one of the biggest appeals to me about it. Our shooting family is a bit odd

I’m right handed, right eye dominate
My oldest son is left handed, left eye dominate
My wife is left hand, right eye dominate so really no clue how well she could use it
My youngest may never be able to use a firearm ( Cortical vision impairment) but he’s 4 so plenty of time to figure that out.

So it’s possibly a very versatile rifle that all of us ( except youngest) can use.

That’s one of the biggest appeals to me about it. Our shooting family is a bit odd

I’m right handed, right eye dominate
My oldest son is left handed, left eye dominate
My wife is left hand, right eye dominate so really no clue how well she could use it
My youngest may never be able to use a firearm ( Cortical vision impairment) but he’s 4 so plenty of time to figure that out.

So it’s possibly a very versatile rifle that all of us ( except youngest) can use.
With an optic cross eye dominance is irrelevant. The answer is red dot and shoot with both eyes open. In fact the answer to cross eye dominance with any kind of gun is shoot with both eyes open. With irons you just line the sights up with your dominant eye.

What are you looking to see or know ?

I can tell you I have put 60 rounds thru it left hand ejection as a left handed rifle shooter and have had no issues at all
TBH no idea , it just seems that it gets mentioned a lot that it can be fired that way but I can’t find any footage of it being fired left handed with the left side ejection.

Maybe just to show my wife and son seeing I mentioned it as a feature of the gun.

Back