testtest

Ayoob and the Ronin

Pretty typical review for SA. I have two. The first is 35 years old with 80-90K rounds through it. Just broke 2nd extractor which SA replaced free, plus shipping both ways under warranty. Unbelievable! A free warranty repair plus shipping after 35 years of hard use. Only other company I've seen with that kind of warranty is Dillon Precision. But on to the Ronin which looks very much like my teenage SA which originally sold under the name "Loaded" about 12 years ago plus or minus and only has about 40K through it. I'll stack these guns against any other maker, anytime.

I purchased a 1911 in the 80's that left me with a bad taste for the platform. An import (I'd have to go digging through some boxes to tell you the brand), it was a Jam-O-Matic. I sold the gun to a buddy, just to get rid of it. So I've ignored the 1911's ever since.
I was going to purchase one 2 months ago. I was looking at a Rock Ultra FS and was ready to take the plunge again. I reload, and my dies will do .40 S&W and 10mm, but I have no 10mm brass. Unluckily (or luckily), I decided to look for some 10mm. Couldn't find a box anywhere. Nothing at any of the LGS's, and nothing online, except for a few private individuals selling Winchester White Box at $80+ dollars a box.
I decided there was little point to buying a gun I may not find ammo for for God only knows when. So I ended up buying a S&W 686 instead (I've plenty of .357 and .38 Special on hand).

Maybe next year, I'll just have to wait and see.
Appreciate the review on the Ronan. Sounds like a good gun.

I don’t understand why there’s no front strap checkering? How much more would it cost? If the stars and moon align I might buy one but would immediately take it to Clark’s guns to have checkering done...small touches make for a great gun

I don’t understand why there’s no front strap checkering? How much more would it cost? If the stars and moon align I might buy one but would immediately take it to Clark’s guns to have checkering done...small touches make for a great gun
I've been shooting my Ronin for about 2 months now. At first I thought it odd that there was no checkering, since it has become fairly common on newer models of the 1911. after a little over a 1000 rounds I have found that I do not miss it on the Ronin. The firearm is well balanced and very easy to control through the recoil. I have also found that the Ronin shoots better than either my Sig 1911 or my Colt 1911.

I've been shooting my Ronin for about 2 months now. At first I thought it odd that there was no checkering, since it has become fairly common on newer models of the 1911. after a little over a 1000 rounds I have found that I do not miss it on the Ronin. The firearm is well balanced and very easy to control through the recoil. I have also found that the Ronin shoots better than either my Sig 1911 or my Colt 1911.
My wife and I are just finishing a class at Gunsite. I am using my Ronin she is using an EMP4CC. both are 9mm. I've shoot close to 1000 rounds this week so that makes my total about 4500 rounds. It performed flawlessly this week. and the accuracy is spot on.

My wife and I are just finishing a class at Gunsite. I am using my Ronin she is using an EMP4CC. both are 9mm. I've shoot close to 1000 rounds this week so that makes my total about 4500 rounds. It performed flawlessly this week. and the accuracy is spot on.
Have u noticed many other 1911 users? Any of them with Ronins ?

I have the Ronin in 9mm and the Range Officer in 45 acp. I would not trade or sell them for anything. Both are smooth and spot on when shooting. My grandsons like shooting them both also.

Back