testtest

Ayoob: Why You’re Wrong About the XD

I've had the XD subcompact (first model) in 9mm, double stack for years and it has never missed a beat with any kind of problem. I have never had a jam, failure to feed or eject no matter what type of ammo. I recently bought an XD-M Elite in 9mm and so far, I have not had any issues or complaints about it either.

I didnt need to read his article. I know 1st hand how good it is.
i have owned my 9mm service xd since 2008 .
other than me destroying a barrel with a bad load.
its has been FLAWLESS
its been dropped in mud, fallen from 4or more feet into muddy water, bounced off logs, and had so many rounds though it in rapid order that it was to hot to touch the barrel, and has never ever failed to eject or load properly.
i imagine i have a bit over 7k rounds through it..
its my hog lease back up, and it sits in the xd holster out there, so its seen its fair share of owner operator abuse.

i have bought 2 more xd series models because the 1st one is awesome
9mm and 45 acp sub compacts, those 2 and the bersa share car duty, because of ease of concealment in the car.

i have never looked at glocks or others

i really like the easy take down of the xd series,
and Springfield customer service when i destroyed a barrel was way above anything i ever expected. they fixed the pistol and sent me back, what i considered a brand new 9mm.
i dont know if others companies do that, but i sure hope so

my Springfield 1911s are range queens almost exclusively and get spoiled with cleanliness and care
where as the 9mm service has gone days or longer dirty, and muddy and still hopped into action.

I didnt need to read his article. I know 1st hand how good it is.
i have owned my 9mm service xd since 2008 .
other than me destroying a barrel with a bad load.
its has been FLAWLESS
its been dropped in mud, fallen from 4or more feet into muddy water, bounced off logs, and had so many rounds though it in rapid order that it was to hot to touch the barrel, and has never ever failed to eject or load properly.
i imagine i have a bit over 7k rounds through it..
its my hog lease back up, and it sits in the xd holster out there, so its seen its fair share of owner operator abuse.

i have bought 2 more xd series models because the 1st one is awesome
9mm and 45 acp sub compacts, those 2 and the bersa share car duty, because of ease of concealment in the car.

i have never looked at glocks or others

i really like the easy take down of the xd series,
and Springfield customer service when i destroyed a barrel was way above anything i ever expected. they fixed the pistol and sent me back, what i considered a brand new 9mm.
i dont know if others companies do that, but i sure hope so

my Springfield 1911s are range queens almost exclusively and get spoiled with cleanliness and care
where as the 9mm service has gone days or longer dirty, and muddy and still hopped into action.
I own the 10 and 40 M precision versons and neither have failed me.
con---grip safety
pro---ss mags AND both have the same slide dimensions as making it useful sharing the same holster

I don't have even close to the amount of rounds combined in the 2 I have as you in 1. Somewhere between the 1,000-1,500 count?

I like the guns, but won't buy any more that have a grip safety regardless of brand!

Oh man I thought I had lost my mind because I swear I read this article before. Which I had back in to 2020, basically identical.

Even the story of the guy coming up to him at competition.

I do love my xdm, especially once you add a prp trigger and stainless steel guide rod.

the day I own a Canik is the day I'm 6 feet under and the Dems cast my vote for me.
IMG_2675.jpeg

The only person who is wrong on the XD is Mr.Ayoob. I shot, handled, and gave a serious consideration to the XD but it didn't seem to beat what I was already carrying, and didn't fulfill my needs. I tend to think that when people (writers) lead with generalizations they're just trying too hard to sell something. I take exception to being told I'm wrong when Mr. Ayoob is just trying too hard to sell something by using something he wrote about sometime in the not so recent past. I'm sure Mr. Ayoob knows, a lot of things, but me being right on this topic is not one of them, :)

Oh man I thought I had lost my mind because I swear I read this article before. Which I had back in to 2020, basically identical.

Even the story of the guy coming up to him at competition.

I do love my xdm, especially once you add a prp trigger and stainless steel guide rod.
The conservative pundit and AEI Fellow Ben Wattenberg told me that the key to making a living as a writer is recycling. He had a much more sophisticated and complex methodology, but the point remains. Where you'll see it most in the gun world is at Pew Pew, where they softly update their pieces and re-present them as in-current-year lists.

This isn't a foul. It's a necessity.

Hi,

I'm not afraid to say that I'm a Springfield Armory and an XD fanboy. I have three XD pistols plus a Garrison and they all shoot as good as I let them. :LOL: I love the grip safety for the reasons mentioned. It worries me not that there is no thumb safety.

Although I must say, when I get the right holster for my VP9 it will become part of my carry roster. ;)

My personal opinion, plus $1.49, just might get you a cup of coffee.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I'm not afraid to say that I'm a Springfield Armory and an XD fanboy. I have three XD pistols plus a Garrison and they all shoot as good as I let them. :LOL: I love the grip safety for the reasons mentioned. It worries me not that there is no thumb safety.

Although I must say, when I get the right holster for my VP9 it will become part of my carry roster. ;)

My personal opinion, plus $1.49, just might get you a cup of coffee.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
I have an XD Mod 2 4" .45. It was the first plastic gun I ever bought. It's very accurate and comfortable to shoot and carry. Thousands of rounds and no issues. It's a great gun. Is it in the same league as the HKs ? Um, no.
IMG_2683.jpeg

😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
I loved my XD 9 and it is one of the few I regret selling.

I actually shot that better than my duty Glock 45 despite having more rounds through and actual training with the Glock.

And it had the best factory trigger of any striker fired gun I have ever shot. The guy I sold it to actually called me and asked i it was an upgraded trigger because it was so nice.

I do have large hands, but I never had an issue with the grip safety, and never had any reliability issues.

Back