testtest

Bald Eagles are being poisoned.

One of our ADF&G wildlife Biologists here on the Island. Tried to tell me it only takes four years for A Sitka Blacktail Buck to reach Boone and Crocket class! I don't know about Whitetails, but it takes a lot longer than four years for a Sitka Blacktail to mature into a Booner!

In my opinion. The Biologist's at the ADF&G. Are like Biologists in every other state I'm assuming. Some are college educated idiots. While some actually know something. Hard saying?
We have great wildlife biologists at the Missouri Dept. of Conservation. We have no rules other than in a few specific CAs ( conservation areas) regarding lead shot. Other than the nation-wide ban on lead shot for waterfowl hunting.

I think lead does have serious effects on small animals. It's effect on humans I think has been grossly exaggerated. Not because lead poisoning isn't a thing, but because the quantities ingested by humans is minimal. Regardless of what the TV tells you, not many kids actually eat paint chips.

If we were using intelligence ( or lack of it) as a barometer then instead of Missouri being ( until very recently) the leadbelt of the US, it would be Arkansas. :ROFLMAO:

Relax Razorbacks, it was a joke.

One of our ADF&G wildlife Biologists here on the Island. Tried to tell me it only takes four years for A Sitka Blacktail Buck to reach Boone and Crocket class! I don't know about Whitetails, but it takes a lot longer than four years for a Sitka Blacktail to mature into a Booner!
Depending on conditions, 4 to 6 years for a Whitetail. They reach their prime at 8-9 years.

Whitetail get 170 inches in four years? Wow! I didn't know that. Then again I don't know whitetail. Sitka Blacktail also reach maximum prime at eight to nine. Never seen a Booner younger than six.

Whitetail get 170 inches in four years? Wow! I didn't know that. Then again I don't know whitetail. Sitka Blacktail also reach maximum prime at eight to nine. Never seen a Booner younger than six.
Oh I don't know about how many inches, they reach their full potential, depending on nutritional conditions, generally in 6 years. I couldn't tell you anything about B&C numbers. I do not eat antlers so I do not hunt for antlers. I've killed some big bucks with an unscoped revolver and a bow, but I let them walk on by if I have a rifle. In fact I let most of them walk on by with a bow or a pistol as well. Mean as it sounds, I prefer 2-3 year old does or yearlings ( if there are 2).

Back