testtest

Bass Pro Shops Background Check Policy Raises Questions

Much like Bud Light and Yeti I boycotted them long ago for reasons unrelated to this latest thing, which is definitely an excellent reason not to buy anything from them. You know, besides the fact that they are high as hell on everything, all the time. Every once in a great while I run across a good deal on shotgun shells from them, but not often. I would never dream of buying a gun from them.

Bass Pro (the KMart of Sporting Goods stores)/J(strap) Morris ruined Cabela's when he bought the shares the Cabela's brothers had given out to to relatives and subsequently lost the majority ownership in the company, and then gutted the old Cabela's org and turned it into watered-down version of his crappy BP stores back east.

We have a small Cabela's in my area & I still go in there for some stuff that I can't get elsewhere, but the gun/ammo section has changed a lot & I get that stuff elsewhere locally at better prices.

I have 3 Cabelas in my weekly route, and stop at 1 or 2 regularly. What sucks is this is the ONLY retailer that has had any M1903's in stock over the last 3 years, and this model is next on my list. I've seen only 1 that was in absolutely terrible condition (I'd say scrap condition) at another store. One local Cabelas always has 1/2-dozen, both A1's and A3's most of the time. How bad do I want one...I do NOT buy guns online...

Bass Pro (the KMart of Sporting Goods stores)/J(strap) Morris ruined Cabela's when he bought the shares the Cabela's brothers had given out to to relatives and subsequently lost the majority ownership in the company, and then gutted the old Cabela's org and turned it into watered-down version of his crappy BP stores back east.

We have a small Cabela's in my area & I still go in there for some stuff that I can't get elsewhere, but the gun/ammo section has changed a lot & I get that stuff elsewhere locally at better prices.
Couldn't agree more. Never was impressed with BP and I've been to the flagship store many moons ago. About 10 years ago went into a new and larger store, and have never been back since.

Why am I not surprised you are defending them ? Are you a fed? You sound like a fed.
An interesting caveat to that post while I was filling out the 4473 for my new gun the manager received a phone call and although I couldn’t hear the caller I could tell by what the manager was saying the caller was asking about the “upfront” cost of renting a gun to shoot, again based on what I heard the manager tell him the caller mentioned he had never shot a gun before and would come in alone to shoot.
The manager told him he would have to register to shoot at the range then wait a day before he could rent and shoot especially if he came in alone as they had had people come in to attempt suicide.
To say the least (RANGE USA) has a lot more guidelines to using the range then
(Shoot Point Blank) did when SPB ran that particular business.

Back