testtest

Bass Pro Shops Background Check Policy Raises Questions

I bought two guns at Bass Pro about a month ago and it took forever. What took so long was that they had 4 or 5 people look at the paper work before they even sent it off. The weird part to me was they all asked me the same question which is where were you born? I live about an hour away from the store but it still seemed weird to be interrogated by so many different people on the same question.
I ended up going to several other shops while I was in town and in one there was a fellow complaining about the same thing, the number of people that had to look over his paper work before they sent it in. His theory was the administration's war on FFLs and their trying to cover their buts, now I wonder if it was something like this.

I'm not going to blame Bass Pro, I think the blame lies squarely on the dumb-ass brother-in-law. He self-denies and uses and incorrect address.
So, you can't have anybody living with you when you buy a firearm.......there is no blame, Bass Pro Shop and Cabalas are playing this current administrations game against the law abiding, period! The brother-in-law wasn't buying this gun, Trimble was, it should have been approved sale, pathetic!!!

All big box stores have a lengthy approval process.

While my state no longer requires a permit to carry a concealed weapon in public, I still get one to streamline the purchase process, plus reciprocity.

Regardless of that, big box stores still go through a much longer process based on their corporate policies.

The majority of my purchases/transfers are with one that has computerized the process so they have my info, but we all step through a process to double-check. Plus, the owner has told me he personally goes through each 4473 after regular hours that his employees process to make sure no errors are made.

The ATF keeps adding more factors into the 4473, like the non-normal gender categories, that you have to make sure you understand each question. When the ATF issues a new 4473 I always ask the employee about each new question so I clearly understand how the word-salad has changed.

All big box stores have a lengthy approval process.

While my state no longer requires a permit to carry a concealed weapon in public, I still get one to streamline the purchase process, plus reciprocity.

Regardless of that, big box stores still go through a much longer process based on their corporate policies.

The majority of my purchases/transfers are with one that has computerized the process so they have my info, but we all step through a process to double-check. Plus, the owner has told me he personally goes through each 4473 after regular hours that his employees process to make sure no errors are made.

The ATF keeps adding more factors into the 4473, like the non-normal gender categories, that you have to make sure you understand each question. When the ATF issues a new 4473 I always ask the employee about each new question so I clearly understand how the word-salad has changed.
which us why, even though big retailers like Bass Pro and Cabela's are in my area, i still prefer my larger LGS and the mom/pop stores, first and foremost.

Looks like I won’t be purchasing anything from Bass Pro or Cabalas in the near future after reading this…..asinine

It’s basically a war on law abiding citizens and their constitutional right to possess firearms.
Tragically sad on many levels.

My favored LGS too. It used to be about 3 minutes. Now it's about 4. :rolleyes:
Mine takes a few extra minutes because my gun guy is also my knife guy with the best inventory i have seen, and he always takes things out for me to fondle while he does paper work. That's how I ended up buying first the Bugout, then the first Microtec and Wastelander. Come to think of it, trips there are always more expensive than I expect.

Mine takes a few extra minutes because my gun guy is also my knife guy with the best inventory i have seen, and he always takes things out for me to fondle while he does paper work. That's how I ended up buying first the Bugout, then the first Microtec and Wastelander. Come to think of it, trips there are always more expensive than I expect.
As I type this I am currently, repetitively flipping my Mini Bugout, much to my wife's dismay. Fantastic knife. I also have the Casbah.

Back