testtest

Bass Pro Shops Background Check Policy Raises Questions

I'm pretty sure the Wastelander would be her least favorite if I took to playing with it at the table while watching TV.

You know, if I had one. Which I don't.
You hesitated there... might be one in your future. I tell you it made short work of a blind and campsite last hunting season, very comfortable chopper.

I haven't been to a Bass Pro in at least five yyear. The last time I went I had to return a pair of sunglasses and they made it as difficult as possible.

I also noticed a sign on the entrance that said concealed handguns must be checked at customer service. As in left at customer service while you shop.

An interesting caveat to that post while I was filling out the 4473 for my new gun the manager received a phone call and although I couldn’t hear the caller I could tell by what the manager was saying the caller was asking about the “upfront” cost of renting a gun to shoot, again based on what I heard the manager tell him the caller mentioned he had never shot a gun before and would come in alone to shoot.
The manager told him he would have to register to shoot at the range then wait a day before he could rent and shoot especially if he came in alone as they had had people come in to attempt suicide.
To say the least (RANGE USA) has a lot more guidelines to using the range then
(Shoot Point Blank) did when SPB ran that particular business.
The rental ranges in my area don't allow single firearm rentals because of people that have come into a couple of these locations just to off themselves. You are allowed to rent lane if you are by yourself with your own firearms.

One now closed down rental range in Massachusetts (Bobs Tactical) had a young couple go in and rent a couple pistols and they both shot at targets for a few hundred shots then in a weird twist they turned the pistols on themselves. That particular range had at least 3 different suicide's there.

Looks like I won’t be purchasing anything from Bass Pro or Cabalas in the near future after reading this…..asinine

I buy guns from local dealers that I trust even if I have to pay a little more. At least I know that if I have a question someone will answer it, or find someone who can, and I've never experience the disrespect that Mr. Trimble went through just trying to get a call back about a question he had. There's no excuse for being rude to someone who is wanting to do business with you. I'll never by anything from Bass Pro.

So, you can't have anybody living with you when you buy a firearm.......there is no blame, Bass Pro Shop and Cabalas are playing this current administrations game against the law abiding, period! The brother-in-law wasn't buying this gun, Trimble was, it should have been approved sale, pathetic!!!
he should have used the "hunter biden" clause and simply get the forearm no matter what

Ok so we took a drive to South Lake Tahoe beautiful country on the way there is a bass pro shop had to stop take a look they really good ammo deal I couldn’t pass it up . There is definitely different way of doing it before you gave them your license and ask you two questions where were you born and your current phone number and off you go . Now they have to wait for someone to be approved the paperwork what a joke

Ok so we took a drive to South Lake Tahoe beautiful country on the way there is a bass pro shop had to stop take a look they really good ammo deal I couldn’t pass it up . There is definitely different way of doing it before you gave them your license and ask you two questions where were you born and your current phone number and off you go . Now they have to wait for someone to be approved the paperwork what a joke
For ammo ? That's ridiculous.

Please tell me where and how this is required. "seams off" is very subjective and would never survive a lawsuit. If I can legally own a gun, I can, and buy one, I can, and you won't sell to me, the poo just hit the fan.

That's because it's not true. FFL are not required not to sell a firearm to anyone other than a prohibited person or someone they have reason to believe is making a straw purchase. They are not required to sell a firearm to anyone.

I haven't purchased anything from them in a long time. I always thought Bass Pro sucked, and when they bought Cabelas it predictably turned to $#it before long as well.

I buy guns from local dealers that I trust even if I have to pay a little more. At least I know that if I have a question someone will answer it, or find someone who can, and I've never experience the disrespect that Mr. Trimble went through just trying to get a call back about a question he had. There's no excuse for being rude to someone who is wanting to do business with you. I'll never by anything from Bass Pro.
I agree(Buying from a local firearm dealer rather than Bass Pro or any of the big retailers.).

Over the years I've noticed that when a bigger retailer has a decent "gun guy" working at the counter, they're not there for long.

One of the things that I like about shopping for a firearm at a smaller retailer is that sometimes they get in a nice, used firearm and you're able to snatch it up for a great price...:)

I shop for the used knives at my local pawn shops for the same reason(sometimes you find a nice knife for 1/2 what it would cost new...:)).

A couple of my local pawn shops will sometimes ask me questions about knives or firearms and I'm glad to help because they're usually very good about selling me stuff for a great price...:) Most big retail stores just don't have that "small town" feel.

I would love to buy from a nice good LGS but in California there is not one good all asses . At least I haven’t found a decent one so I force to the big box stores sportsman warehouse has a really nice and helpful staff . Just yesterday for example walk in to one in Vacaville ca . Worst customer service ever store was empty I wonder why

Last edited:
my state lawmakers made it a law, that to buy ammo, we must have a CCW or the RI state Blue Card, which that allows us to buy a gun legally.

gotta love the anti-gun lawmakers.

Back