testtest

Bass Pro Shops Background Check Policy Raises Questions

Please tell me where and how this is required. "seams off" is very subjective and would never survive a lawsuit. If I can legally own a gun, I can, and buy one, I can, and you won't sell to me, the poo just hit the fan.
when i had my repair garage, and if i didn't like you cuz of the way you looked or spoke to me, i'd throw you out...i was under NO obligation to work on your vehicle, just cuz the sign on my shop said, "Repair Shop".

although different circumstances between an FFL and repair shop, there is NO SUCH thing as an "obligation" to sell to you, and especially if the law regarding firearm's and ammo is involved.

i'd have loved to have seen you try and sue my ass, for refusing YOU service.

best advice i can give you is, buy your own gun shop, get your own FFL, and have at it.

(and maybe open up a repair shop as well...????)

I would love to buy from a nice good LGS but in California there is not one good all asses . At least I haven’t found a decent one so I force to the big box stores sportsman warehouse has a really nice and helpful staff . Just yesterday for example walk in to one in Vacaville ca . Worst customer service ever store was empty I wonder why
many have spoken ill of Gunbroker, but i have had some great experiences buying there. i always check the seller's ratings, and reviews.

the only thing that kills me is the credit card fee, that gunbroker charges, but i guess they have to make some profit, since they do not actually sell the guns/ammo themselves.

All I can say is look to Christian bakers in Co. Maybe they have won in the end, although Co. is still trying to screw with them, they went through years of hell to get there. Go ahead a refuse service willy nilly and see where it gets you. If you get away with it good for you, but just one protected class is all it takes.

many have spoken ill of Gunbroker, but i have had some great experiences buying there. i always check the seller's ratings, and reviews.

the only thing that kills me is the credit card fee, that gunbroker charges, but i guess they have to make some profit, since they do not actually sell the guns/ammo themselves.
Most of the time the seller contacts me and asks me to deal directly with their store.

Most of the time the seller contacts me and asks me to deal directly with their store.
well, that is what happened to me (sort of)

i was bidding on a S&W series "E" 1911.

the price was right at MSRP. (i bid like $200 over MSRP)

i said "screw it" and emailed the seller, (with that offer), to end the auction.

he did not get back to me, after i read the rules, there was to be NO contact like that.

so the gun sold (this was on a sunday night around midnight)

the very next morning about 9 AM, the store emailed me, and said he had another NIB S&W..

he sold it to me for my bid, but NO sales taxes and NO credit card fee's, and FREE shipping to my FFL..

i asked how can he do this?

he said, "it's a private sale between you and me."...

so i actually saved some coin on that, even though it was "just above" MSRP, and this was during the covid, where nearly everything was at or over MSRP.

well, that is what happened to me (sort of)

i was bidding on a S&W series "E" 1911.

the price was right at MSRP. (i bid like $200 over MSRP)

i said "screw it" and emailed the seller, (with that offer), to end the auction.

he did not get back to me, after i read the rules, there was to be NO contact like that.

so the gun sold (this was on a sunday night around midnight)

the very next morning about 9 AM, the store emailed me, and said he had another NIB S&W..

he sold it to me for my bid, but NO sales taxes and NO credit card fee's, and FREE shipping to my FFL..

i asked how can he do this?

he said, "it's a private sale between you and me."...

so i actually saved some coin on that, even though it was "just above" MSRP, and this was during the covid, where nearly everything was at or over MSRP.
The last time I used that site the seller contacted me after I asked him a question.

His store is now one of my go to's.

Just a note sort of on this topic, Cabelas near me has historically had the largest selection of M1903's, A1's, & A-3's in my region. I had a hankerin yesterday for one, so off I went to Cabelas. Lo and behold, they only had 2 in stock, one of which was a pre-2nd heat hardening and was not recommended for shooting. The other failed my muzzle erosion test preference. So, off I go down the street to another LGS I rarely visit (small selection), and there sits a Remington A3 from 1944 in beautiful shape, for $300 less than the unshootable one at Cabela's. Cha-ching!

Moral of the story, make sure you stop in those shops you usually skip...once in a while....

Back