testtest

Be careful the next few days, people

I already go out of my way to avoid people, other than work. I work in the city of St. Louis. There was some kind of protest downtown last week. They were protesting Josh Hawley trying to get him to resign. We all got warnings from our SOC ( security desk). Turned out to be about 20 people. I’m in north St. Louis anyway not downtown. On the north side we’re fairly immune to protests. Just the regular old run of the mill nation leading murder rates, drive bys and all around lawlessness.
Once I’m home, in the middle of nowhere, I have no worries.

Feel better soon @papa

We will all be limiting travels this week (they already are). I have been reminding the kids to keep their head on a swivel. Not expecting any issues but we all know how that goes. Police scanner has been very quiet around here lately.

No worries of problems occuring here. Thankfully, I live in a pro-2A, pro-military, pro-law enforcement, area. People are too busy trying to maintain their lives, work, raise families, etc. The bs that is happening in other parts of the nation would not fly here. We're pretty much just normal, flag-waving, red-blooded Americans here. :)

In my area the craziness of Jan 6th and concern about Jan 20th started the rush to buy guns and ammo all over again. Today I was at a local sporting goods store and they actually had some ammo. I was allowed to buy one box of 5.56 ($.70 a round) and one box of 40 S&W ($.50 a round) both were Sellier & Bellot. What really shocked me was the large gun counter was stacked two deep with people wanting to buy guns. There was a 9mm Hi-Point in the bottom of one of the cases. Had it not been for the crowd I would have inquired about the price.

I live outside Atlanta. I was downtown by the Capitol during the week and the place was loaded with State Police cruisers parked all around the Capitol building. Not sure what will happen here, but I won’t be anywhere near downtown during the inauguration days, I’ll tell you that.

In other news...

Met my buddies to deliver ammo today. Met at a gun store halfway between us...it was PACKED. Shelves were pretty much empty of all ammo, except for obscure calibers (.30 Mauser, anyone? No? How about .32 Short Colt?)...there was one AR, overpriced for what it was...thought about a used Mini14 for $700, but decided to pass.

Went to a second location...this place is out in the sticks; it's literally an old barn that someone turned the ground level into a gun store. Never been there with more than 3-4 people in the place...

Cars were parked on the road. Probably 20 people inside.

I didn't even look.

Back