testtest

Best way to conceal carry

I've gotten pretty comfortable with my S&W .45 Shield in an Uncle Mike's #16 ambidextrous hip holster. I wear it with the belt clip on the right side so I can carry IWB. Only time it bothers me a bit is when I'm driving, otherwise, it's become pretty comfortable and I like the extra mag pouch. It gives me 15 rounds total of .45 ACP which is enough to keep someone's head down or take them out if it comes to that, which I hope it never does.

Although It is legal.I don't open carry.It scares people & I don't want to be a target.Plus a few other reasons.In the winter it's easy.Summer,not so easy.I carry a 9mm Ruger SR9c.Ive tried a bunch of options,but still open to suggestions.Smaller firearm is not an option. T-shirt weather will soon be upon us. inside waistband feels really uncomfortable & I need bigger waist size.
The Best option, in my opinion, is the Springfield HellCat 9MM OSP Pistol inside the Urban Carry G3 Holster .unseen with jeans or shorts t-shirt or polo shirt . URBAN CARRY G-3 Holster

Loose shirt is the ticket. I can carry a full size XDM 3.8 9 mm under a Carhartt T-Shirt in or on the waist, while wintering in Florida
7638B5D7-4DAD-4BA6-BDA3-455EC6AF9D99.jpeg

Get used to IWB. I upped from a 34 waist pant, to a 36. I got a slightly-stretchy leather belt from Columbia clothing. I carry an XDs 3.3" 9mm and I can conceal easily in shorts and a tee shirt during nice weather.

You get used to the feel after about a week of EDC. First week, I was super self-conscious. Now...I feel like something is missing if I go out withou

Although It is legal.I don't open carry.It scares people & I don't want to be a target.Plus a few other reasons.In the winter it's easy.Summer,not so easy.I carry a 9mm Ruger SR9c.Ive tried a bunch of options,but still open to suggestions.Smaller firearm is not an option. T-shirt weather will soon be upon us. inside waistband feels really uncomfortable & I need bigger waist size.
I carry my S&W EZ(that's similar in size to your Ruger) in a Theis brand holster that's a hybrid holster(leather and kydex). I like how the kydex keeps the handgun from moving around in the holster and I like the leather against my skin versus kydex.

As others have said, you get used to the feel of an inside the pants holster, especially one that's well made.
A slightly bigger waist size than your normal size makes inside the pants holsters more comfortable.

Mr. Clint Smith wrote something to the effect that when you're carrying concealed, you have to expect a certain level of discomfort.

I'm not a fan of Open Carry either by the way, but I respect other's rights to do so.

I conceal carry all the time, so I have a few different holsters(inside and outside the pants, pocket holsters).

I even have an old Smart Carry holster that fits over the groin area. People can make jokes all they want, but I used it a few times when I knew I was going to be standing most of the day. It's not a comfortable holster to wear sitting down or if you have bladder issues, but it works. I usually carried a snub nosed revolver in mine. A semi-auto made me a little nervous in that holster..:)

Most people go through a few different holsters before they find one they really like. But when you find one that works for you, it was worth the searching...:)
Good luck...:)

I always carry 5 oclock OWB. If I am carrying my Hellcat, I just wear a bigger shirt. My Glaco holster is tight on my hip and doesn't print so it works well. If it is really hot, I carry my Ruger LCP Max in my pocket.

Back