testtest

Better get your AK ammo fast

OkiePewPew

Staff member
40% of ammo imports come from Russia and a whoooooole lot of that is steel case. As the article mentions it’s a hard stop in the imports and there’s no telling when it’s going to start back up.

Not real news due to the conflict & POTUS 46 Executive order last fall.

Import licenses last a couple years & the Ruskies have already been sending stuff thru secondary countries.

Plus other countries like Serbia & Romania have been stepping up their imports of the same ammo types.

But online prices are going up because of the conflict.

Last edited:
Not only the above, but have you seen footage of the Ukraine fighting forces - the civilian forces in particular? They're all using AK47s. I'd imagine all the spare 7.62x39 ammo various countries have will be going to the Ukraine to help with the resistance effort.

Norma Ammunition - produced in Sweden, Sellior & Belliot - produced in the Czech Republic, Privi Partisan - produced in Serbia, all are brass cases & boxer primed so therefore reloadable. They even make oddball calibers such as 303, if you own a high end AK such as as Arsenal, or a CSA VZ58, like I do, steel cased ammunition swells to much in their chambers & causes jams. You can still find 640 round sardine cans for relatively affordable prices, their coming out of Poland as the Poles are cleaning out their Warsaw Pact stock now that they’re part of NATO.

Not real news due to the conflict & POTUS 46 Executive order last fall.

Import licenses last a couple years & the Ruskies have already been sending stuff thru secondary countries.

Plus other countries like Serbia & Romania have been stepping up their imports of the same ammo types.

But online prices are going up because of the conflict.
Good info, thanks!

40% of ammo imports come from Russia and a whoooooole lot of that is steel case. As the article mentions it’s a hard stop in the imports and there’s no telling when it’s going to start back up.

That is why I invest in POWW and VISTO

I have around 400 rounds of brass cased Ruskies for my Yugo SKS. After this situation festers for a few months, I might sell the rifle then the ammo...
Singly. heh heh heh..

I have around 400 rounds of brass cased Ruskies for my Yugo SKS. After this situation festers for a few months, I might sell the rifle then the ammo...
Singly. heh heh heh..
pour some motor oil on that bad boy wrap it in plastic and make a 7.62x39 end table for your bed. :cool:

One of my many ideas that seems less than brilliant in hindsight was to build two AR-15's chambered in 7.62x39 in 2020. At the time, 5.56 and .223 ammo was going for $1 per round (or more), but steel cased 7.62 ammo was selling for about $0.25 per round. It worked out great, until Biden banned Russian imports in 2021 and steel-cased 7.62 jumped to $0.50-$0.60 per round.

I was able to stock up on a decent amount of 7.62 before the first import ban, but I still don't know if my investment in my AR47's will pay off in the end. I am glad I used economical Bear Creek uppers and multi-caliber lowers that can accept either 5.56/.223 mags or 7.62 AR mags (or .300 Blackout for that matter). I was already keeping a 5.56 upper in the case with one of the AR's for quick swap-outs during firing sessions. The mags are different colors and labelled with bands based on caliber to significantly lower the odds of using the wrong cartridge/upper receiver combination.

Back