testtest

Bi-pod

I installed this……
DE59AD1B-BEFB-40BE-944F-FA558A80A67D.jpeg

Onto my M1A and now looking for a bipod, one I’m looking at is a Magpul for $102. The other is a…..
BE2103A2-CABE-4687-B94C-DA9E428A998E.jpeg

For $320.00 yeah one extreme to another. My concern is putting a Bipod on my M1A that doesn’t have some kind of play would put a lot of stress on the mounting hardware and during recoil would cause the wood stock to crack.

So if i get the Brownells bipod adapter, it only works with a Picatinny rail bipod. The Harris bipod works by mounting to QD swivel studs. So if I understand correctly, the two mounting systems are not interchangeable. Harris only works with the QD swivel which I will then not have a sling attachment because the swivel stud becomes the bipod mount?

Looks like the Atlas bipod is good for Picatinny rails. Just pick if I want a quick release lever or a solid mount.

Sorry if I sound lost. New stuff to me. Thanks.
I'm lost on it too

I installed this……
View attachment 25893
Onto my M1A and now looking for a bipod, one I’m looking at is a Magpul for $102. The other is a…..
View attachment 25894
For $320.00 yeah one extreme to another. My concern is putting a Bipod on my M1A that doesn’t have some kind of play would put a lot of stress on the mounting hardware and during recoil would cause the wood stock to crack.
Did you have to drill holes?

I would go with the Harris and the Sadlak adapter, keep it simple.

Unless you choose to put it in another stock or put a 1913 rail on the bottom. Then you may want to go with the Atlas.

As I said before, it really depends on your philosophy of use, and budget. There is always a more expensive way of doing things. In the end it just boils down to your mastery of fundamental skills.
I like Harris, simple & proven, no need to break the bank or show off, proofs on the target.
Not really happy with the Sadlak

My latest update on what I found out. I bought the GG&G-1243, Extreme Duty Bipod Adapter. I mistakenly thought that this adapter was a picatinny rail adapter, it is not, in that I bought a bipod that was for attaching to a picatinny rail, but it had two screws on the attaching bracket, but the distance between the two screws was for picatinny spacing, not for the spacing of the two slots on the GG&G adapter. The GG&G adapter is designed to use a bipod that has only one screw that clamps down onto the adapter. The attaching bipod will use only one of the two slots on the adapter.
I called GG&G and spoke with a gentleman there that had been there for 38 years and he knew exactly what I was trying to do. I will probably buy one of the GG&G bipods, GGG-1409, that attaches directly to the adapter. It's also rated for the extra recoil forces of the M1A. It has a heavy duty rating. It will cost about $239.00.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back