testtest

big gun coming soon to mom/pop store.....

Old_Me

Ronin
well, i was at the mom/pop gun-bait store saturday morning, just hanging about.

i was told that sometime this week, maybe by thursday, they are getting a delivery of a huge gun that shoots 50 caliber.

cost (only from what i was able to look up) is $13,000, then there is shipping and taxes on top of that. so i was told just OVER $14,000 when it's all said and done for....

i asked, "what's he gonna shoot, a balloon"...??

"nope, he's gonna shoot a chevy suburban"...........

"oh, ok.......i hope no one is inside of it at the time"..???

"i dunno, once he picks it up, he's on his own"............says the store manager....even the owner said, "i could give a :poop: what he shoots, just go far away and do so...lol"

i looked it up, although i do not have the exact model, i can say i was told it is a Barrett, and only like the 1 left in stock, and the customer had less than 30 minutes to say "yes or no".....

apparently...he said...."yes"

if i happen to be there (as they are opening later at winter hours), i hope to take a pic or 2, but i cannot plan on that right now

this is a stock Barrett picture of what he "might be" getting..

good God, if i had that much money, i'd buy me a mess more 1911's..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have shot a few 50 cals before and a couple anti tank rifles. i'd love to have that barrett. but that price is too steep. even more so the ammo. almost bought a boys anti tank rifle that had been converted to shoot 50 cal. was cheap back then. wished i would have now.

This would be interesting- and ONLY MSRP: $1569.00

2601.jpg

$69.99 / 20 ($3.50 / round)
163501-sw-OnWhite-Right__85390.1675176312.1280.1280.png

This would be interesting- and ONLY MSRP: $1569.00

2601.jpg

$69.99 / 20 ($3.50 / round)
163501-sw-OnWhite-Right__85390.1675176312.1280.1280.png
i actually know a young gal, that works at the CVS store, and she has a daughter, 11 years old, that can blow the center of a target, with the mom's 22 rifle..

this gal went to the larger LGS and wanted to hold a S&W 500, and she had the CASH to buy one.

stupid salesman (she said a young guy) wouldn't even take it out of the case for her......like WTF..???

i cannot and will not get involved at the store on her behalf, only cuz i don't know the outcome.

best i stay out of it...

i told her to go back and talk to the father or son, but she is so turned off by that experience.

it should NEVER MATTER how big a gun is, or how much a gun is..if a customer wants to see, hold one, then allow that....

cuz THAT store, that I REALLY DO LIKE........lost that gal's future business..........of ALL CASH SALES.....!!!!

had i been a salesman there..??

i'd have treated her like back in my wrenching days, meaning she would have gotten her wish.........

even way back when...........i knew how to treat ANY customer that came into my shop...

apparently others, still think the "little woman" needs to stay home....maybe in the home SHE BOUGHT on her own..????

The Barrett's are fun to look at....one of my LGS almost always has the 82 in stock. Not many can afford them ($12,999). The only place you could shoot one within 100 miles of my home is your own private land. I've always been amazed by the rifle's simplicity. This same shop also regularly stocks M249's...belt-fed semi-auto version. C'mon Powerball!

The Barrett's are fun to look at....one of my LGS almost always has the 82 in stock. Not many can afford them ($12,999). The only place you could shoot one within 100 miles of my home is your own private land. I've always been amazed by the rifle's simplicity. This same shop also regularly stocks M249's...belt-fed semi-auto version. C'mon Powerball!
many of us have that dream of winning the power ball..

ever notice the "multiplier ball" is seemingly always a # 2..??????

they got lead in all those other balls..?????

I have shot a few 50 cals before and a couple anti tank rifles. i'd love to have that barrett. but that price is too steep. even more so the ammo. almost bought a boys anti tank rifle that had been converted to shoot 50 cal. was cheap back then. wished i would have now.
I handled a boys anti tank rifle that came in the shop, had 11 rounds with it. I wanted to shoot it before the 50 cal barrel was put on. But was told no, those rounds were huge. I helped on that one. Original barrel was a real booger to remove.

The club I shoot at rents these out. They have 50yd indoor lanes. It’s cool, but meh to shoot because with that thing you need to be shooting a suburban or H3 or insurgents. What’s kind of funny is that the area they shoot it from has a polished concrete floor and invariably by the time the shooter is finished he’s 6inches to a foot back from where he started. It looked is best sitting on a shelf with camo netting on it.

And we won't ask for a show of hands of those who wished we have stockpiled SKS variants back in the day when they were less than $100

went to the mom/pop store earlier today, actually forgot all about that Barrett 50 caliber.

well it was there, and the model number i posted above, in the first posting.

the new owner is sick and just could not get to pick it up the other day.

dang thing weighs in at nearly 50 pounds, and "some assembly required" said the store manager.

i had asked the store owner if he had any 50 caliber rounds to show me, he said no, but he does have on order, a box of 10, for a mere $80.00 for the new owner....

hey, you got $14k + for a big gun, then you got $80 for a 10 round box of ammo too....lol...lol

since i had forgotten about this big gun, i didn't have my camera either...

went to the mom/pop store earlier today, actually forgot all about that Barrett 50 caliber.

well it was there, and the model number i posted above, in the first posting.

the new owner is sick and just could not get to pick it up the other day.

dang thing weighs in at nearly 50 pounds, and "some assembly required" said the store manager.

i had asked the store owner if he had any 50 caliber rounds to show me, he said no, but he does have on order, a box of 10, for a mere $80.00 for the new owner....

hey, you got $14k + for a big gun, then you got $80 for a 10 round box of ammo too....lol...lol

since i had forgotten about this big gun, i didn't have my camera either...
$8/rd isn’t that bad.

A LGS has a box of Federal .500 Nitro Cape Shock for $329/20…that’s $16.50/rd.

By the bye…you can find surplus .50 BMG for around $5/rd…

Son and I shoot a friends Barrett .50 Cal.
No more recoil than a .300 Win Mag.
Son has been shooting it since he was 13
Great rifle to fire. Fun times 😆
View attachment 37970
View attachment 37971
Buddy has a Serbu BFG .50; it’s a hoot.

The M82, though…that semi-auto really isn’t bad at all; another buddy has one,

FYI: a .50 Silvertip (API) will punch clean through an engine block at 880 yards.

I recently had the pleasure of shooting a 50 unknown brand sorry, will have to ask the guy.

I also shot my father in-laws new ruger precision 338 lapua on this same trip. It was an MRAD scope so he wanted me to sight it in for him.

Anyways, my preference was not the 50 lol.

Back