testtest

black rifle coffee

My local WalMart has been carrying for a good while now. Never bought it because I am cheap and because of some of the drama. My WalMart still has a decent gun and ammo selection (for WalMart). Was just there yesterday and the gun cabinet was full (yes, only rifles and shotguns) and the ammo cabinet was well stock, but actual selection was pretty limited. (22, 308, 450 Bushmaster and 350 Legend) was plentiful

I have had it though and though it was pretty good.

With that being said, I did buy some Folgers last night
Really? WalMart corporate very publicly stated that they would no longer carry any ammo for ARs or handguns. I guess they just meant 5.56.

that's the same boat i am in...on SSDI with a small pension. i'll spend money on important things, like ammo, powder, etc,etc, and of course food. the Mrs and i either shop together or solo from time to time, with those all important "coupons" and sales fliers.

to me, food/beverages that are "rented" for a short period of time, and "leave the house" via the bathroom fixture, are a luxury, that if i were to hit the lottery, THEN i'll go and buy that $5.00 a dozen eggs, or that $13.00 pound of java. (yesterday i bought 2 dozen white eggs at like $3.84 at Wally's World Emporium)...brown eggs were like $4.85..??

more important things like i mentioned earlier are better served to buy than a "rental" item.....

and we only buy "Mr. Coffee" brewers, the cheapest one at like about $20...and they last a long time......

i don't even want the Mrs. to spend her Bingo winnings on expensive food/beverage items...

cuz she gives me "sum of dat", to buy ammo, powder, primers, etc.......you know, the important things in life..... :LOL:
Before I retired, I tried to buy the ammo I thought I might need when I moved back to Texas. I was living in Arkansas at the time(Arkansas gun people are a little different than Texas gun people. If you lived both places you'd understand...:) I made a pretty good plan on the budget I was going to live on. Firearm prices go up and down but there's usually good deals out there if you are patient and have a good idea of what you want and need..:)

Now that I've been in South Texas for over 1 and half years I can splurge once in a while. I got me a nice hot air cooker and coffee maker. Last week I ordered me an Astros baseball cap to give my head a break from the Marine Corps ones I usually wear.

There might have been a not too expensive Karambit knife in the amazon order with the Astros cap...:) Just what I need, another knife. Good thing I can do Sinawali Escrima drills with 2 machetes or two knives and better yet I can do them in private so I don't draw attention. They're great exercise. They work the shoulders and you can do footwork drills with them and get a good leg workout also...:)

The closest Walmart that I like is an hour away so I only go out there once a month or so. The closest gun store is a half hour to 45 minutes away. I enjoy driving my old truck out to both places during the week when there's less people. Sometimes I treat myself to breakfast at Cracker Barrel or lunch at one of the many small, delicious Mexican restaurants that are down here...:)

My truck has a 5 speed manual transmission and I enjoy shifting the gears and never coming close to getting a speeding ticket. DPS(Department of Public Safety aka Texas State Troopers) seem to be everywhere. They stay busy with the drug smugglers and speeders. They do a heck of a job if you ask me.

Life down here is pretty simple and there's lots of things to keep you busy that don't cost much money...:)

Be safe out there...:)

Before I retired, I tried to buy the ammo I thought I might need when I moved back to Texas. I was living in Arkansas at the time(Arkansas gun people are a little different than Texas gun people. If you lived both places you'd understand...:) I made a pretty good plan on the budget I was going to live on. Firearm prices go up and down but there's usually good deals out there if you are patient and have a good idea of what you want and need..:)

Now that I've been in South Texas for over 1 and half years I can splurge once in a while. I got me a nice hot air cooker and coffee maker. Last week I ordered me an Astros baseball cap to give my head a break from the Marine Corps ones I usually wear.

There might have been a not too expensive Karambit knife in the amazon order with the Astros cap...:) Just what I need, another knife. Good thing I can do Sinawali Escrima drills with 2 machetes or two knives and better yet I can do them in private so I don't draw attention. They're great exercise. They work the shoulders and you can do footwork drills with them and get a good leg workout also...:)

The closest Walmart that I like is an hour away so I only go out there once a month or so. The closest gun store is a half hour to 45 minutes away. I enjoy driving my old truck out to both places during the week when there's less people. Sometimes I treat myself to breakfast at Cracker Barrel or lunch at one of the many small, delicious Mexican restaurants that are down here...:)

My truck has a 5 speed manual transmission and I enjoy shifting the gears and never coming close to getting a speeding ticket. DPS(Department of Public Safety aka Texas State Troopers) seem to be everywhere. They stay busy with the drug smugglers and speeders. They do a heck of a job if you ask me.

Life down here is pretty simple and there's lots of things to keep you busy that don't cost much money...:)

Be safe out there...:)
I drove all the way through Arkansas on the way back from Donna, Texas. Know what the worst thing about driving through Arkansas is? Arkansas.

I drove all the way through Arkansas on the way back from Donna, Texas. Know what the worst thing about driving through Arkansas is? Arkansas.
I lived in Arkansas about 14 years. It's a nice place. I didn't have any family there and I disliked all the tornadoes that seemed to come through there a couple of times a year, but aside from that, it's nice. There's still some racism especially in the northern rural parts. Most parts of Arkansas are pretty. There's lots to do. If you're into bicycling there's trails in the Little Rock area where you can ride without having to get on a street. Big Dam Bridge is a good place to visit. The drive from Fort Smith to Fayetteville is beautiful. If you like outdoor coffee shops Conway has them. If you like wildlife, if you live out in the country you will see it. I never stepped outside my house in rural Arkansas without muck boots because there were always snakes around(not all poisonous but quite a few). Most of the people from Arkansas are good. I stood out a little because of my Spanish accent. The Hispanic population in Little Rock and Fayetteville areas are growing. I enjoyed living there. I just missed my family in South Texas and being around Hispanics that's the main reason I moved away(and the tornadoes).

I have drank Maxwell House coffee for many years and see no reason to change at this late stage of life. Are there better coffees out there? Probably but Maxwell is what I grew up drinking and it will be what I drink till I die.

If a person likes the higher priced coffee and can afford it , I say go for it. This is why we have so many choices. :)

I lived in Arkansas about 14 years. It's a nice place. I didn't have any family there and I disliked all the tornadoes that seemed to come through there a couple of times a year, but aside from that, it's nice. There's still some racism especially in the northern rural parts. Most parts of Arkansas are pretty. There's lots to do. If you're into bicycling there's trails in the Little Rock area where you can ride without having to get on a street. Big Dam Bridge is a good place to visit. The drive from Fort Smith to Fayetteville is beautiful. If you like outdoor coffee shops Conway has them. If you like wildlife, if you live out in the country you will see it. I never stepped outside my house in rural Arkansas without muck boots because there were always snakes around(not all poisonous but quite a few). Most of the people from Arkansas are good. I stood out a little because of my Spanish accent. The Hispanic population in Little Rock and Fayetteville areas are growing. I enjoyed living there. I just missed my family in South Texas and being around Hispanics that's the main reason I moved away(and the tornadoes).
I've been in Arkansas a few times. Lots of Arkansas is a lot like southern Missouri. And the people in the rural areas are great. The trip from Texarkana ( again, F Texarkana) to St. Louis is a drag though. Not as bad as the trip across Nebraska longways, but still a drag.

I've been in Arkansas a few times. Lots of Arkansas is a lot like southern Missouri. And the people in the rural areas are great. The trip from Texarkana ( again, F Texarkana) to St. Louis is a drag though. Not as bad as the trip across Nebraska longways, but still a drag.
It's F Texarkana until they start rolling out primers........? Well, a place close to there.

When you're on a trip and not in a hurry taking 2 lane highways and going through small towns in our great country is a lot of fun. I've taken freeways when I had to make good time and 2 lane highways when I didn't. When I moved back to Texas and was driving a u-haul truck with car hauler, I purposely took 2 lane highways. I enjoyed passing through La Grange(Texas) and Victoria, etc., etc. When I used to drive to Colorado from Dallas I used to enjoy going through Amarillo and up to Dumas and up to Raton(New Mexico). Lots of great 2 lane roads in America. Lots of great people in small towns that are on those 2 lane highways...:)

Their coffee is excellent. I haven't had the Walmart line but have been purchasing it as gifts for some time. I grab a bag for my freezer once a year and started buying it from Cabelas. Its ground whole bean coffee: the stuff you buy has chicory and other fillers in it. So it like comparing a half gallon of Canadian Mist whiskey to a 1.75l bottle of 100 proof Bonded Bourbon. Drink what you want, but I drink whole bean burr ground black, and I cant stand inferior coffee. BRCC is not the best I have had but it far from the worst. Their special edition coffee is amazing bought a bag once.

Back