testtest

Bragging Rights....

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
We all have something we have, maybe a belonging such as a cool car, gun or an ability that we are proud of but do not want to share because we think it may come off as bragging.

Let's see or hear from everyone don't be shy!

Bragging examples:

Something you built.

Something you own.

Something you've done.

Something you can do.

Anything else you can think of etc.....

1580676294237.jpeg

We all have something we have, maybe a belonging such as a cool car, gun or an ability that we are proud of but do not want to share because we think it may come off as bragging.

Let's see or hear from everyone don't be shy!

Bragging examples:

Something you built.

Something you own.

Something you've done.

Something you can do.

Anything else you can think of etc.....
I was pretty proud when I built a high output 351w for an old car, the first time I tried a case in federal court, and the first time I made a shot past 500 yards.

I was pretty proud when I built a high output 351w for an old car, the first time I tried a case in federal court, and the first time I made a shot past 500 yards.
Want to share some pics?

I worked 2 years for a bird dog trainer ( 1972 - 1974 ) and in fact I had to train all of the dogs for almost a year after he had a heart attack. Fast forward to 2016 when my exwife ( we were married at the time ) called me at home and asked if I thought I could train a service dog. Seems this young couple had been coming into the grocery store where she worked and had always had the dog with them. This day they had shown up without the dog and she asked why.

Seems that the place he had gotten the dog from had only partially trained the dog and he was expected to further train the dog but he didn't know how and this place wouldn't help him. Because he didn't know how to do the training needed , they took the service vest away from the dog. So I called them and setup a time to meet with them. I had to find out what they needed the dog to do to get the vest back.

From the start I found that the dog wouldn't do what I wanted from her . When I would start to pry open her mouth to start training her to retrieve on command , she would try to nip me. Sooo I had him take control of the dog and do exactly what I told him to do and it worked. It took 3 months to get her doing what was needed and then the big day came. She passed with flying colors and I was very proud to have been able to help a veteran with PTSD.

They wanted to know how much I wanted for the training . I looked him in the eyes and told him he had paid more than enough for what little I had done.

My thanks to all the veterans of this forum.

I worked 2 years for a bird dog trainer ( 1972 - 1974 ) and in fact I had to train all of the dogs for almost a year after he had a heart attack. Fast forward to 2016 when my exwife ( we were married at the time ) called me at home and asked if I thought I could train a service dog. Seems this young couple had been coming into the grocery store where she worked and had always had the dog with them. This day they had shown up without the dog and she asked why.

Seems that the place he had gotten the dog from had only partially trained the dog and he was expected to further train the dog but he didn't know how and this place wouldn't help him. Because he didn't know how to do the training needed , they took the service vest away from the dog. So I called them and setup a time to meet with them. I had to find out what they needed the dog to do to get the vest back.

From the start I found that the dog wouldn't do what I wanted from her . When I would start to pry open her mouth to start training her to retrieve on command , she would try to nip me. Sooo I had him take control of the dog and do exactly what I told him to do and it worked. It took 3 months to get her doing what was needed and then the big day came. She passed with flying colors and I was very proud to have been able to help a veteran with PTSD.

They wanted to know how much I wanted for the training . I looked him in the eyes and told him he had paid more than enough for what little I had done.

Papa that is an awesome story definitely worthy of bragging rights! Hats off to you! 👍

Salute!

My mother-in-law wanted a shed built to put all the her treasures in. I'm figuring a 8'X10' piece of cake. Went out in her yard and marked it off. She said that looks awfully small. I told her it was the same size as the corner shed she has. Can we go a little bit bigger? Sure, so I adjusted the outline to 10"X12'. Well that's nice but still, can we go bigger? Next try was, as I recall, 12'X14'. That marked out she decided she wanted to go all the way to the fence. Final design was 12'x24'. Not a shed, another home behind hers! She got the permit. I hauled the lumber.
In her early 70's she was my assistant. We loved doing things together. You could see the smile on her face as the walls went up and the roof got put on.....
About 80% finished a building inspector came around, to you know, inspect. These guys could be real jerks so I had been told and I'm ready for the worst.
Inspector walks inside the building and first thing he looks up. "I see you bought prefabricated trussing." No sir, built them myself. "Your kidding?" Mom-in-jumps in and says, he sure did and I helped him too.
Inspector walks back out of the building and I'm trying to figure what's wrong. He checks everything off and says, "You certainly know what you're doing, good job!". Mom of course chimes in with, "He certainly does and he's my son-in-law!"

My mother-in-law wanted a shed built to put all the her treasures in. I'm figuring a 8'X10' piece of cake. Went out in her yard and marked it off. She said that looks awfully small. I told her it was the same size as the corner shed she has. Can we go a little bit bigger? Sure, so I adjusted the outline to 10"X12'. Well that's nice but still, can we go bigger? Next try was, as I recall, 12'X14'. That marked out she decided she wanted to go all the way to the fence. Final design was 12'x24'. Not a shed, another home behind hers! She got the permit. I hauled the lumber.
In her early 70's she was my assistant. We loved doing things together. You could see the smile on her face as the walls went up and the roof got put on.....
About 80% finished a building inspector came around, to you know, inspect. These guys could be real jerks so I had been told and I'm ready for the worst.
Inspector walks inside the building and first thing he looks up. "I see you bought prefabricated trussing." No sir, built them myself. "Your kidding?" Mom-in-jumps in and says, he sure did and I helped him too.
Inspector walks back out of the building and I'm trying to figure what's wrong. He checks everything off and says, "You certainly know what you're doing, good job!". Mom of course chimes in with, "He certainly does and he's my son-in-law!"
I've been a wood framer and construction supervisor for 20 years and you are right inspectors can be really tough especially when it's a homeowner doing the work it's rare to have them compliment someone not in the trades you must have done everything right! 👍

MY 2011 Synergy Green Camaro -- BIO-HAZARD. I bought this for my wife for finishing college it was a dream of hers. she drove a few times , and she didn't like it . So we did a car show then got hooked in to it so we turned it in to a show car . This was a stock camaro i worked on it a few years did this and that . Then I really got serious I sat down a redid the whole car paying high attention to detail for judged shows and put it all together and came out with a top winning new show car .. It has taken over 300 awards including 45# Best of shows along with over 10 # National awards ..I never thought I could ever do something like this I amazed my self . And my biggest gift was the kids loved this car and the the old guys that had the classic cars gave me respect for the time and detail I put in to it...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I rebuilt a '65 Stingray except for the body work. The engine, electrical, brakes, front end, transmission, interior, rear suspension and did the alignment also. The front end instructor at the tech college I attended said that back in the day people hated drag racing them, because of the 4 wheel independent suspension. So we went and did the 1/4 mile test drag without holding on too the wheel and it ran straight as an arrow. He couldn't believe it! When I did the alignment I didn't use the GM specs for it. I changed how the rear was setup. I'll find a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back