testtest

BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market

M855 has a reputation of passing clean through soft targets with minimal expended energy compared to traditional M193 ammo. If you are looking for extra barrier penetration and are willing to sacrifice extra potential stopping power then M855 is a good choice.

M855 has a reputation of passing clean through soft targets with minimal expended energy compared to traditional M193 ammo. If you are looking for extra barrier penetration and are willing to sacrifice extra potential stopping power then M855 is a good choice.
90FC8297-A210-4261-B2C0-C3C6DB63359E.jpeg

The problem with hoarding is that hoarders keep paying highly inflated prices and buying as much as they can which creates shortages and keeps prices artificially high, thus screwing us all.
Maybe I have a different definition of hoarding than you do.

I got caught really short by The Obama Ammo Panic and I decided I was never going to get caught short like that again.

As soon as things started to ease up I decided to have a strategy. I sold of all my oddball calibers and started over.

I decided to limit myself to .223, .22, and 9mm. I own one .40 S&W pistol but I don't buy a lot off ammunition for it.

In 2013 or so my wife and I decided to have an ammunition budget, concentrating primarily on 9mm & .22.

Since 2013 we have put a little aside out of each paycheck specifically earmarked for buying ammunition.

When my wife finds a good price on it she buys as much as we can reasonably afford.

We did that for almost 7 years until covid hit and then we stopped buying ammunition.

We just recently have started again but with all the insanity going on we're probably going to stop.

Bottom line, we made a specific point of buying more than we shot and we have a bunch of ammunition stashed

On Hoarding

I wasn't a member here during the Obama Ammo Panic but I remember reading discussions on other gun forums about the ammo shortage and I remember reading people who were damning all Hoarders.

I seem to remember the supply really easing up in 2013 and I remember a lot of people on those internet forums telling people "This is going to happen again. Ammunition prices are low now. Ammunition is plentiful now. You need to stock up."

I also remember a lot of people who were damning all the hoarders saying they weren't doing that, they REFUSED to stock up.

Even when all this current Insanity was ramping up people were on the internet warning people "We're heading into another panic you need to stock up."

Again, a lot of people didn't listen and a lot of the same people from the last time started damning all hoarders again and still refusing to stock up.

For those people, I have no sympathy.

Go to the ant you sluggard, consider her ways and be wise.

Maybe I have a different definition of hoarding than you do.

I got caught really short by The Obama Ammo Panic and I decided I was never going to get caught short like that again.

As soon as things started to ease up I decided to have a strategy. I sold of all my oddball calibers and started over.

I decided to limit myself to .223, .22, and 9mm. I own one .40 S&W pistol but I don't buy a lot off ammunition for it.

In 2013 or so my wife and I decided to have an ammunition budget, concentrating primarily on 9mm & .22.

Since 2013 we have put a little aside out of each paycheck specifically earmarked for buying ammunition.

When my wife finds a good price on it she buys as much as we can reasonably afford.

We did that for almost 7 years until covid hit and then we stopped buying ammunition.

We just recently have started again but with all the insanity going on we're probably going to stop.

Bottom line, we made a specific point of buying more than we shot and we have a bunch of ammunition stashed
That’s not hoarding. That’s being prepared. I have more shotgun shells than my local gun store. And I’m only half joking. I’m well stocked on all the other calibers I own too except probably .22. I only have a couple .22s and I probably have 1000 rds. on hand. Most of the training classes I take I use one of the .45s. So I’m a little lower in stock on .45 range ammo than I’d like to be but it’s still north of 1000.

I just stopped by my local place.

Ammo is plentiful, but spendy.

Picked up 5x200rds of Winchester M193 for $100 ($500/case…my current break point).

Thought about 9mm (various flavors) at $19, but I’m good…

I just stopped by my local place.

Ammo is plentiful, but spendy.

Picked up 5x200rds of Winchester M193 for $100 ($500/case…my current break point).

Thought about 9mm (various flavors) at $19, but I’m good…
Can get Federal 124 around here for $15.99 box currently.

I just got a good deal at Natchez Thursday night. They had a $5 flat rate shipping promo. They also had that Force X2 for $13/box which is half of what it goes for at the LGS around here. I never tried it and I suspect it won't impress me that much. I still bought a few boxes. Plus, you know, a few hundred dollars worth of other stuff. Should be here tomorrow. The BFG Vickers and Magpul QD mounts and swivels from Primary Arms for the 500 should show up too.

I don't fault anyone for "hoarding". Many of my customers who shoot 5.56 regularly consider 12k rounds at home to be a good par-level for home inventory. Given the massive swings in governmental "interest" on this caliber over the last 20 years, it makes perfect common sense to me to amass these numbers around the house. While I don't worry much about a WROL situation, nothing would be a better bartering currency than ammunition in such a case.

Back