testtest

Burglars dressed as DoorDash drivers

My professional security staff screens all deliveries

Attachments

• received_1268597047087855.jpeg
    received_1268597047087855.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 65
it's like several of my neighbors as well...

i think it's the same now, as during the covid shutdowns, and before that.
in my city and several others, there are these electric scooters and electric bikes, that you use your smart phone to pay for, and go where you want, and you stop and "park" those devices, and walk away

these younger people don't want to buy cars, or even mopeds, but they will Uber and Lyft.

and food deliveries are plenty

the only foods we ever get delivered are pizza, and yes, some places here actually deliver as late as 4AM...!!

which is why i say, you never know if a house guest ordered something, or as you say, your niece.....

so it DOES happen, in spite of some denying that fact.
That’s just…silly.

I don’t have the type of people who would call a doordash/etc at 3am as friends…definitely not who I’d let stay at my house, for starters…beyond that, it’s me & my wife, and neither of us are going to do that, either.

If my neighbors do, and they show up at my door by mistake? Two words come out of the smart doorbell speaker:

“Wrong address”.

If it goes anywhere after that, I call the cops. I don’t open the door. I don’t engage beyond what I’ve said above.

It’s just. That. Simple.

That’s just…silly.

I don’t have the type of people who would call a doordash/etc at 3am as friends…definitely not who I’d let stay at my house, for starters…beyond that, it’s me & my wife, and neither of us are going to do that, either.

If my neighbors do, and they show up at my door by mistake? Two words come out of the smart doorbell speaker:

“Wrong address”.

If it goes anywhere after that, I call the cops. I don’t open the door. I don’t engage beyond what I’ve said above.

It’s just. That. Simple.
well, you live where you live, and i live where i live in a big city, and in the city, it's nearly 24/7 activities.

so to get a pizza delivery as late as 4AM is normal.

and we do not have a doorbell speaker.

we open up the window and yell down to them.

That’s just…silly.

“Wrong address”.

It’s just. That. Simple.
I think “whats on the pizza” would be better than wrong address
Who doesnt love a free pizza if they wake you up at 3am 😉

So it DOESN'T happen in my house, in spite of some denying that fact.

It's just me and my wife here and it has been for at least 15 years. Neither one of us can remember ordering food for delivery within the last  five years.

I took it a step further and asked if she remembered our daughter ever ordering food for delivery before she moved out and not letting us know to expect it.

Even if we had a roommate I can't imagine them ordering doordash and not hanging around by the door to get their food.

Exactly. I don’t even have pizza delivered anymore to the apartment.
Sad to say no one can be trusted in today’s society.
Wow. Not sure if Americans are becoming more insensitive or stupid. So, there are several scenarios where the individual may not be able to leave the house. Not getting into detail if that is a possibility, it more than enlightens a choice for delivering food. Also, since when did the person getting wrongfully attacked become the person most criticized. SMH.

Wow. Not sure if Americans are becoming more insensitive or stupid. So, there are several scenarios where the individual may not be able to leave the house. Not getting into detail if that is a possibility, it more than enlightens a choice for delivering food. Also, since when did the person getting wrongfully attacked become the person most criticized. SMH.
I’m sorry but…….. what?

You quoted my post mentioning insensitive and/or stupid people, are you referring that my post puts me into one or both of those categories??!

Oops attached to wrong reply. This was supposed to go to the person criticizing the person for having food delivered. Sorry about that

it's like several of my neighbors as well...

i think it's the same now, as during the covid shutdowns, and before that.
in my city and several others, there are these electric scooters and electric bikes, that you use your smart phone to pay for, and go where you want, and you stop and "park" those devices, and walk away

these younger people don't want to buy cars, or even mopeds, but they will Uber and Lyft.

and food deliveries are plenty

the only foods we ever get delivered are pizza, and yes, some places here actually deliver as late as 4AM...!!

which is why i say, you never know if a house guest ordered something, or as you say, your niece.....

Yes the world we live in has greatly changed and it will never ever go back.
I too have seem to extreme laziness, materialistic and selfishness in the youth.
I do actually blame the parents for not being real active in their off spring and allowing the corrupt educational system and corrupt state to corrupt the minds of young adults.
I do know that all of them can easily text single handed on cell phone while it is hidden under the school desk. Great resume material.
So where do we go from here, give in or standup and make a positive change in all our lives? Choose Wisely.

In my case I do not use those delivery services and I answer my door with a 10mm.
If I am expecting a package, I get updates via online.

I do actually blame the parents for not being real active in their off spring and allowing the corrupt educational system and corrupt state to corrupt the minds of young adults.
many parents of generations past mine, are self absorbed in thier own crap, to even remember they have kids.

they pass on the responsibilities of rearing those kids on the school system, social media, and thier peers.

Back