testtest

Burglars dressed as DoorDash drivers

If things are so squirrely that you feel the need to answer the door with a gun in your hand why are you opening the door at all?
I actually check the eye glass first.
If I do not know them, why take a chance.
They will not see I am armed unless they act.
My house the doors open out.
No I am not going down to the large windows in the living room to open a window and ask.

Most of my neighbors had to install moving videos and leave spot lights on as they have been robbed.
This is the world we live in.

I'm sorry, what is your first language as you surely did not fully understand the English that I wrote❓
Maybe I didn't understand what you wrote but it sure looked to me like you said if somebody knocks on your door in the middle of the night and you don't know who it is you're going to open the door to find out.

That's kind of a dumb thing to do. If I misread what you wrote explain it to me

Maybe I didn't understand what you wrote but it sure looked to me like you said if somebody knocks on your door in the middle of the night and you don't know who it is you're going to open the door to find out.

That's kind of a dumb thing to do. If I misread what you wrote explain it to me
No worries Night.

my response first line:
Of course, if I see in my eye glass a LE at my door, I would put the pistol away then open door.
Yes, in this world we live in, LE is so vigilant of any possible dangers and anyone with a weapon will be treated as deadly and very likely will be shot.

No worries Night.

my response first line:
Of course, if I see in my eye glass a LE at my door, I would put the pistol away then open door.
Yes, in this world we live in, LE is so vigilant of any possible dangers and anyone with a weapon will be treated as deadly and very likely will be shot.
But you're still opening the door to talk to somebody when you don't know who it is.

That's really not a smart thing to do.

You don't know who it is.
You don't know why they're there.
What do you gain by opening the door?

I posted this video a couple of posts back but take a second here and watch it.

But you're still opening the door to talk to somebody when you don't know who it is.

That's really not a smart thing to do.

You don't know who it is.
You don't know why they're there.
What do you gain by opening the door?

I posted this video a couple of posts back but take a second here and watch it.

Yes, informative video, thanks.

In the video, what would he do if, they were uniformed(at least in correct uniform) officers?

IT still sounds nice but my body and my tastebuds don't get along like they use too. LOL
If things are so squirrely that you feel the need to answer the door with a gun in your hand why are you opening the door at all?
So what were the person's options. As a recently home-bound individual due to an illness, I get it. Also as an African-American who has always felt guilty until proven innocent, using deadly force, even within the law, is almost as stressful if not more than the actual act of taking a life in self-defense. In short I don't trust the law. In fact I trust individuals over any system of government, especially an armed system. So if I was in this scenario, having to order food because I can't drive until I finish healing (with a broken foot that can be a few months), I order door dash, and it arrives with a rung doorbell. Now I would have had the person leave it on my porch but I don't know his circumstances. In NC the person would have to enter into my house and be threat there. Then I would have to feel my life was in danger (provable in a court of law) in order to legally use deadly force. Memberships for legal counsel with Carry and Conceal organizations would not be necessary if there just a smidge more compassion. One step would embracing and empowering people to stand up for themselves, and the second step would be forcing those who are suppose to be serving the people, to get these ridiculous "control" laws fixed. Ok... done venting

So what were the person's options. As a recently home-bound individual due to an illness, I get it. Also as an African-American who has always felt guilty until proven innocent, using deadly force, even within the law, is almost as stressful if not more than the actual act of taking a life in self-defense. In short I don't trust the law. In fact I trust individuals over any system of government, especially an armed system. So if I was in this scenario, having to order food because I can't drive until I finish healing (with a broken foot that can be a few months), I order door dash, and it arrives with a rung doorbell. Now I would have had the person leave it on my porch but I don't know his circumstances. In NC the person would have to enter into my house and be threat there. Then I would have to feel my life was in danger (provable in a court of law) in order to legally use deadly force. Memberships for legal counsel with Carry and Conceal organizations would not be necessary if there just a smidge more compassion. One step would embracing and empowering people to stand up for themselves, and the second step would be forcing those who are suppose to be serving the people, to get these ridiculous "control" laws fixed. Ok... done venting
I understand where you are coming from as society as a whole has changed for the worse. It seems like what was bad is good and good is bad.
You never know where the lies end and the truth begins?

I've live through some of natures disasters where there was no law at all, you lived like a cave man with nothing and the people were 100% on there own.
This brought out the savages in some and the good in others. It seems that the law enforcement kept things more or less in order but when that is gone, then your real person inner-self emerges.

As far as answering a door, there is no cookie cutter for all answers. Each has to make a decision.

I have a Labrador and my daughter's Poodle mix in my house. Anything unusual sets them off and I have no worries about anyone sneaking up on us. I never understood dog owners who yell at their dogs for barking when strangers approach. Our ancestors bred them with that as a valued trait. In addition I live in a rural area where everyone is armed and a high concentration of former military. Plus a sheriff who encourages residents to shoot home invaders because it saves taxpayers money. He even offers firearms training. Burglary is a very hazardous undertaking in these parts.

In my case I do not use those delivery services and I answer my door with a 10mm.
If I am expecting a package, I get updates via online.

One of my wife’s good friends lived in a house “out in the country.” She had a man enter her house (the front door was unlocked as she had been working in her yard), and start towards her. Fortunately, her husband was home back in the bedroom. She yelled for him, and he came down the hallway racking his pump shotgun. The guy quickly exited. After that, she kept her door locked and always answered the door with her pistol held behind her thigh.

We can all say it will never happen to us, and we have all kinds of things in place to be sure it doesn’t. Life spins on a dime and no matter how well prepared we are, things DO happen anyway. Be careful out there!

Good on you Lexie, for looking out for yourself. I try to do the same.

One of my wife’s good friends lived in a house “out in the country.” She had a man enter her house (the front door was unlocked as she had been working in her yard), and start towards her. Fortunately, her husband was home back in the bedroom. She yelled for him, and he came down the hallway racking his pump shotgun. The guy quickly exited. After that, she kept her door locked and always answered the door with her pistol held behind her thigh.

We can all say it will never happen to us, and we have all kinds of things in place to be sure it doesn’t. Life spins on a dime and no matter how well prepared we are, things DO happen anyway. Be careful out there!

Good on you Lexie, for looking out for yourself. I try to do the same.
I'm glad things went OK for your wife's friend.
I remember as a lil girl, we never locked our house. The only time we locked the house was when we went on vacation.

The world has changed and in general for the worse.
There have been many lawsuits of people who have familia members killed by savages.
[All the details left out]
They in turn sued the Police, for no protection.
The courts responded, the police cannot be everywhere.
Conclusion: you are for the most part on your own.

Is there a single solution ❓
Think wisely?

Screenshot_20230427_190910_Facebook.jpg

Back