testtest

Can a .308 with a Red Dot Hit at 500 Yards?

Possibly not?

Then again, it wouldn’t surprise me if some parts in this MFG’s were Chinese.
Me either. I gotta say I like my Holosuns better than the Eotechs. I was at the LGS buying a Wilson stripped lower a few days ago and the guy behind the counter, who is a combat vet, said he ran the Eotech overseas and never had any issues, but when he bought one for an AR back home after about 50 rounds his reticle started bouncing around. He put a Holosun on it. I made the comment that for civilian use I will take the Holosun over the Eotech. He said even if he was overseas in combat he’d take the Holosun.

I have Romeo 5s too. Made by Holosun. And I have not been nice to them. They’re all in perfect working order.

Am I thrilled about them being Chinese ? No. But you can’t argue with results.

1670527806944.jpeg

I just can’t see that far……..😵‍💫😵‍💫

I have found that both the SOCOM and the SCOUT serve well into the 500 meter engagement envelope, with the Scout having a bit of an edge with its slightly longer barrel, when using a red/green dot optic. However, I took the idea from my Mossberg MVP Scout rifle (.308, Bolt) and combined both a Long Eye Relief (LER) scope with an offset (45°) Red Dot. Giving one the best of all options. Add to this mix a See-Thru scope mount for using iron sights and it is a complete sighting system.
I prefer my SOCOM over my Scout as it’s just presents as more comfortable for me. That said it takes a bit more control and focus to place rounds on target with it out past 425 meters than with the Scout configuration. That may just be my head not adjusting or actual
difference in barrel effected ballistics, just not sure.
The Red/Green Dot optics on all three platforms preforms very well and provide quick acquisition, reliable, accurate, terminal shots at distance when required.
I’d be interested to see a red/green dot evaluation for a .300 WM chambered in a Scout spec platform. I’d think that one might get effective shots out to the 700 meter envelope possibly. Just a thought.
Always nice to have one’s own experience validated by others or an expert on such subjects!
Good read, thank you!

Me either. I gotta say I like my Holosuns better than the Eotechs. I was at the LGS buying a Wilson stripped lower a few days ago and the guy behind the counter, who is a combat vet, said he ran the Eotech overseas and never had any issues, but when he bought one for an AR back home after about 50 rounds his reticle started bouncing around. He put a Holosun on it. I made the comment that for civilian use I will take the Holosun over the Eotech. He said even if he was overseas in combat he’d take the Holosun.

I have Romeo 5s too. Made by Holosun. And I have not been nice to them. They’re all in perfect working order.

Am I thrilled about them being Chinese ? No. But you can’t argue with results.
I'd bet a bundle it was a "knock-off", not an original.

Back