testtest

Can I buy a Saint Edge lower?

Red_Label

Operator
I bought my Saint Edge Evac in 2020, and then finally found the true object of my desires, the Saint Victor PDW that I waited for 8 months for them to show up. I love 'em both, but really wanted the same Edge series lower. It just looks nicer. Can I get an Edge lower somewhere?

I bought my Saint Edge Evac in 2020, and then finally found the true object of my desires, the Saint Victor PDW that I waited for 8 months for them to show up. I love 'em both, but really wanted the same Edge series lower. It just looks nicer. Can I get an Edge lower somewhere?
Nope
SA does not sell them.
Have to find a private seller

Thanks for the response. I didn't think they sold them, but had to shoot for the moon. In terms of function, there is zero difference. But as far as I'm aware, extremely few people were able to lay hands on an Edge PDW. Until PDWs started showing up at dealers, many of us had no idea that there was a regular Victor PDW because it never showed-up on SA's site. My suspicion is that for whatever reason, SA stopped producing the Edge lower and just decided to use regular SA lowers to finally get PDWs out the door to dealers. But I'm not sure if that explains why we did get Edge Evacs. Dunno if my assumptions are all correct, but most of them are accurate as far as I'm aware.

I visited my local Scheel's 3-5x a week for 8 months, looking for a PDW, so when one of their gun dept guys finally called me up to tell me that he had 3 of them at his distributer I gave him my credit card info and had him put my name on one of them. I didn't realize it was not the Edge version, because why would I, considering that the only PDW on their site was an Edge? And in fact I don't believe that a non-Edge version ever showed up on the SA site. Regardless, despite my preference for an Edge, there was no way I was gonna refuse the Victor, considering how much I had beaten the bushes for an SA PDW. Besides checking my local SA dealers constantly, I also called around to dealers all over my state looking for them. Besides buying the EVAC, I had also bought the regular Victor AR pistols in 5.56, .300BO, and 7.62. So since I was in so deep with the 4 pistols, I HAD to have the PDW to complete the set. I'm ALL about my overwhelming OCD to complete sets/collections. MUCH to the chagrin of my poor wife. ;-)

Last edited:
Btw, I vaguely remember some threads here (and maybe Arfcom) where some people had been having reliability issues with their Saint pistols. I'm happy to say that I've never had a single issue of any kind with my 5 SA ARs. I'll add to that list the 2005 M1A Standard and [all correct] Nov 1943 serial 2.5M Garand that used to have. I do have some regret about selling those... Especially the Garand. Talk about a time capsule.

A lesson for relatively new firearm owners, NEVER sell guns. Having said that, I've sold more than a few sweet guns in my 50 years of having them. Some of them were fairly rare (like a 1956 Deluxe Winchester Model 71 lever gun in .348 Winchester and Browning Sweet 16 shotgun), and I regret selling those. :-(

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I didn't think they sold them, but had to shoot for the moon. In terms of function, there is zero difference. But as far as I'm aware, extremely few people were able to lay hands on an Edge PDW. Until PDWs started showing up at dealers, many of us had no idea that there was a regular Victor PDW because it never showed-up on SA's site. My suspicion is that for whatever reason, SA stopped producing the Edge lower and just decided to use regular SA lowers to finally get PDWs out the door to dealers. But I'm not sure if that explains why we did get Edge Evacs. Dunno if my assumptions are all correct, but most of them are accurate as far as I'm aware.

I visited my local Scheel's 3-5x a week for 8 months, looking for a PDW, so when one of their gun dept guys finally called me up to tell me that he had 3 of them at his distributer I gave him my credit card info and had him put my name on one of them. I didn't realize it was not the Edge version, because why would I, considering that the only PDW on their site was an Edge? And in fact I don't believe that a non-Edge version ever showed up on the SA site. Regardless, despite my preference for an Edge, there was no way I was gonna refuse the Victor, considering how much I had beaten the bushes for an SA PDW. Besides checking my local SA dealers constantly, I also called around to dealers all over my state looking for them. Besides buying the EVAC, I had also bought the regular Victor AR pistols in 5.56, .300BO, and 7.62. So since I was in so deep with the 4 pistols, I HAD to have the PDW to complete the set. I'm ALL about my overwhelming OCD to complete sets/collections. MUCH to the chagrin of my poor wife. ;-)
I was one of the lucky few that got an Edge PDW. I'm getting ready to convert it to 300bo and eventually get a can for it.

Btw, I vaguely remember some threads here (and maybe Arfcom) where some people had been having reliability issues with their Saint pistols. I'm happy to say that I've never had a single issue of any kind with my 5 SA ARs. I'll add to that list the 2005 M1A Standard and [all correct] Nov 1943 serial 2.5M Garand that used to have. I do have some regret about selling those... Especially the Garand. Talk about a time capsule.

A lesson for relatively new firearm owners, NEVER sell guns. Having said that, I've sold more than a few sweet guns in my 50 years of having them. Some of them were fairly rare (like a 1956 Deluxe Winchester Model 71 lever gun in .348 Winchester and Browning Sweet 16 shotgun), and I regret selling those. :-(

There's always some problems with just about any gun. Or at least it seems that way because when there are issues, even if they are rare, someone usually shows up on the internet to talk about it. And there are always plenty of other people to talk about how theirs runs great. My feeling is that any time a manufacturer comes out with a new gun it's a good idea to wait a little while to see what bugs pop up and give them a chance to fix them. Of course some manufacturers are worse than others with regard to releasing things maybe too soon and then you have things like the widespread issues with the Prodigy and the now discontinued 911.

I could get into my personal philosophy regarding SA 1911 type guns, but I won't. As for the Springfield ARs I'm always a little amused when people show up complaining about them. Really in both cases ( 1911s and ARs) it seems people expect custom shop performance out of mid tier firearms. And as for the ARs, unless it's a really bad fit/finish issue or some catastrophic manufacturing defect I think before I would give myself a heart attack complaining about it I would just replace whatever $30 part it is that's causing the issue.

There's always some problems with just about any gun. Or at least it seems that way because when there are issues, even if they are rare, someone usually shows up on the internet to talk about it. And there are always plenty of other people to talk about how theirs runs great. My feeling is that any time a manufacturer comes out with a new gun it's a good idea to wait a little while to see what bugs pop up and give them a chance to fix them. Of course some manufacturers are worse than others with regard to releasing things maybe too soon and then you have things like the widespread issues with the Prodigy and the now discontinued 911.

I could get into my personal philosophy regarding SA 1911 type guns, but I won't. As for the Springfield ARs I'm always a little amused when people show up complaining about them. Really in both cases ( 1911s and ARs) it seems people expect custom shop performance out of mid tier firearms. And as for the ARs, unless it's a really bad fit/finish issue or some catastrophic manufacturing defect I think before I would give myself a heart attack complaining about it I would just replace whatever $30 part it is that's causing the issue.
Hey, don’t bad mouth the 911. :) I have one in .380 and it has been flawless. I also had a Saint Victor pistol that I had zero issues with. I did wind up trading it for a .556 rifle because I put together a 8.5” .300 BLK and didn’t see the need for 2 short rifles (pistols) and the .300 was better with suppressor. But I think you’re right Bassbob, every manufacturer will have issues with some of their products, even the top tier guys. It’s a piece of machinery and things will go awry from time to time.

I was one of the lucky few that got an Edge PDW. I'm getting ready to convert it to 300bo and eventually get a can for it.
Well it's good to know that at least someone got an Edge PDW. The fact that they did actually distribute some Edges further supports my theory that they didn't make enough Edge lowers (for whatever reason) and decided to mate the PDW upper with regular Victor lowers to get more out the door. That's a bummer for guys like me. But I'll survive... maybe! 😅

Well it's good to know that at least someone got an Edge PDW. The fact that they did actually distribute some Edges further supports my theory that they didn't make enough Edge lowers (for whatever reason) and decided to mate the PDW upper with regular Victor lowers to get more out the door. That's a bummer for guys like me. But I'll survive... maybe! 😅
Actually, those pdw’s were a special run for Sports South. When a distributor makes a big enough order they can get exclusives. SS wanted a slightly cheaper PDW. For example Lipseys is the only distributor with the Gen 1 Glock throwbacks. They look good with the Edge lower

IMG_1098.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually, those pdw’s were a special run for Sports South. When a distributor makes a big enough order they can get exclusives. SS wanted a slightly cheaper PDW. For example Lipseys is the only distributor with the Gen 1 Glock throwbacks. They look good with the Edge lower

View attachment 49239

The SA site had both PDW and Evac Edges shown as for sale (before they suddenly yanked any and all AR pistols from their lineup) My Edge Evac lower looks exactly like the Edge lower on the picture that you posted. I got both of mine at Scheels.

Back