testtest

Car Break Ins

LM1982

Alpha
Founding Member
I along with a few others were victims of car break ins in a parking lot. As malicious as they were to shatter a window and only look in the glove box and center console, yet not take anything. Sunglasses, wallets, and other things of some value were not taken. This means they were looking for cash or I would assume firearms. Granted I don't keep a gun in my car, some people do whether in your door, magnet under the dash, or in the glove box or center console, when they cant take it into a place that does not allow. What is everyones thoughts about keeping a gun in the car? especially since vehicles are sometimes considered safe havens in some states. What would you do or where would you hide it if you could not take it into a place being a lawful citizen?

I tuck mine in between the seat and have a winter hat on top . I did have a pistol stolen from my truck . I had it in a range bag . I took the kids in the house and it was pouring down rain (was in a hurry ) left it there and forgot to lock the door. Couple teenagers hit about 18 cars that night. Luckly by the time I got home from work the cops recovered it.

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in some articles from TheArmoryLife.com on the subject:

I along with a few others were victims of car break ins in a parking lot. As malicious as they were to shatter a window and only look in the glove box and center console, yet not take anything. Sunglasses, wallets, and other things of some value were not taken. This means they were looking for cash or I would assume firearms. Granted I don't keep a gun in my car, some people do whether in your door, magnet under the dash, or in the glove box or center console, when they cant take it into a place that does not allow. What is everyones thoughts about keeping a gun in the car? especially since vehicles are sometimes considered safe havens in some states. What would you do or where would you hide it if you could not take it into a place being a lawful citizen?
I would never leave my gun in my vehicle. It does me no good there. I personally avoid going to places that do not support our right to protect ourselves.

Lm in these days and time i would be real hesitant to leave my Firearm in a car , only time i leave mine behind is when im in a Gun freezone , I have an app called Neighborhood app by ring =Free - it gives all crimes with in a 5 mile radius , last week 24 car break in- people leaving their cars unlock looking for money Most likely dope heads im sure , 1 shooting- 19 packages stolen off front porches - -What is happening to America - i pray everyday , Just be careful as to what state your in -some laws just baffle the crap out of me

Lm in these days and time i would be real hesitant to leave my Firearm in a car , only time i leave mine behind is when im in a Gun freezone , I have an app called Neighborhood app by ring =Free - it gives all crimes with in a 5 mile radius , last week 24 car break in- people leaving their cars unlock looking for money Most likely dope heads im sure , 1 shooting- 19 packages stolen off front porches - -What is happening to America - i pray everyday , Just be careful as to what state your in -some laws just baffle the crap out of me
This is similar to some parts of my area. Which is why I wouldn't leave it in the car. Plus my job does not allow it on the premises. The break ins have become rampant because people are moving to the better areas from the bigger cities, so crime is traveling with it. yet laws sometimes seem to protect the criminals more than the innocent.

Consider useing a fanny pack next visit. It's not in the vehicle, it not exposed when you disrobe, and accessible if you need it.
It’s an alternative thanks, but I’m still reluctant to not have my firearm on my person if not totally secured. It’s just me and a phobia that’s hard for me to overcome, but thanks for the suggestion, as it’s not one I ever gave much thought of. :unsure:

Our doc is at the hospital so I leave it in the console. There is security roving and cameras. Never has break in issues there. Otherwise I stay out of places that try to make me the target/victim.

I try and keep my EDC to two locations, period - my hip, and the home safe.

If I do have to lock it up, I have a similar setup to Azmarlin - a locking safe box that has a 1/8" cable to attach it to a seat mount. Thin enough to put under any seat, key lock, 3-button combo lock, and RFID keychain lock (I use the RFID, and keep the key on my keychain).

I try and keep my EDC to two locations, period - my hip, and the home safe.

If I do have to lock it up, I have a similar setup to Azmarlin - a locking safe box that has a 1/8" cable to attach it to a seat mount. Thin enough to put under any seat, key lock, 3-button combo lock, and RFID keychain lock (I use the RFID, and keep the key on my keychain).
Yep, the box is out of site until the rear seat is flipped up. 👍

If I go to a store and there’s a sign stating No Weapons, I just go somewhere else, I don’t store my gun in a car, I don’t feel it’s all that safe, my wife got me one of those portable metal gun safes for cars, but I still don’t trust them, old fashioned here.

In MD, those signs do not have force of law. I check my concealment...and get my burger.

Doc trips (I've had recent visits to the cardiologist), my EDC gets cleared, round and mag go in one outer winter coat pocket, empty pistol goes in semi-hidden inner coat pocket (both pockets zip shut). It's a bulky Columbia coat so it's relatively invisible. And the nurses have yet to say anything about the empty kydex IWB holster while I go through my stress tests :)

In MD, those signs do not have force of law. I check my concealment...and get my burger.

Doc trips (I've had recent visits to the cardiologist), my EDC gets cleared, round and mag go in one outer winter coat pocket, empty pistol goes in semi-hidden inner coat pocket (both pockets zip shut). It's a bulky Columbia coat so it's relatively invisible. And the nurses have yet to say anything about the empty kydex IWB holster while I go through my stress tests :)
If I know I'm not having any tests that require me to disrobe, I'll conceal carry to the appointment. I've talked to a few Physician Assistants (PA) that have told me that many patients do as well. If I'm ever asked by the doctor, I'll just say I'm going to the range after the appointment. Since I'm somewhat paranoid, I never answer "yes" to the question "Do you own a Gun", since I feel they want to tie it to the "Are You ever Depressed" question on their questionnaire. With Red Flag laws popping up, I don't want any excuse for anyone to try to confiscate my property.

Back