testtest

Cars of our youth

Don't want to put you out Snake45 but if you do and it's not too expensive I'd be interested. Thank You.
Okay, I'll look around. It wasn't that expensive when I bought it but now, who knows? It MIGHT still be in production and reasonably priced, or it MIGHT be long out of production and rare, or MIGHT be available used and relatively cheap.

The diecast market is pretty wild. Some of them run over $100, but there's fairly nice stuff available cheap. There have been several different '69 Camaros made and I have them from several different makers. All of them are okay, the trick will be finding one in your Garnet Red. For example, I wanted a particular '69 Chevelle SS396. They were still in production and available for just $29.99 but I wanted one in Fathom Green, and they'd been OOP for over a year when I started looking. Took me SEVEN YEARS to find one on eBay and I got lucky and scored it for about $70.

I'll look around and see what's available. A Hugger Orange '69 Z/28 wouldn't be hard to find. The Garnet Red SS396 will be a bit tougher, I'm sure. ;)

Okay, I'll look around. It wasn't that expensive when I bought it but now, who knows? It MIGHT still be in production and reasonably priced, or it MIGHT be long out of production and rare, or MIGHT be available used and relatively cheap.

The diecast market is pretty wild. Some of them run over $100, but there's fairly nice stuff available cheap. There have been several different '69 Camaros made and I have them from several different makers. All of them are okay, the trick will be finding one in your Garnet Red. For example, I wanted a particular '69 Chevelle SS396. They were still in production and available for just $29.99 but I wanted one in Fathom Green, and they'd been OOP for over a year when I started looking. Took me SEVEN YEARS to find one on eBay and I got lucky and scored it for about $70.

I'll look around and see what's available. A Hugger Orange '69 Z/28 wouldn't be hard to find. The Garnet Red SS396 will be a bit tougher, I'm sure. ;)
The photo you posted refreshed my memories of my Camaro. Thanks again.

My 1st vehicle was an '82 short wide single cab c10, then traded for '84 short wide k15 single cab. After hs graduation I ended up with a non-original '65 stingray (someone replaced the 327mfi with a 350). It became my project car in auto mechanic school. The only quarter I didn't need it for was auto trans class. Rebuilt everything inside and out of it with upgrades. It could stop going 110 to 0 in less than 100'. New vette's can't do that thanks to Bosch anti-braking system. No power steering made slow to no speed a pita! What I did love about that car was the mechanical tach drive.

The photo you posted refreshed my memories of my Camaro. Thanks again.
This is your lucky day. Found a used one on eBay, $45 OBO plus shipping. There was also a new one at about $140.

I took a look at the pics, it seems to be complete, of course it doesn't have the little detailing touches I put into mine (like the detailed wheels) and being an SS350 it doesn't have the black rear panel your SS396 did, but it is what it is.

My 1st vehicle was an '82 short wide single cab c10, then traded for '84 short wide k15 single cab. After hs graduation I ended up with a non-original '65 stingray (someone replaced the 327mfi with a 350). It became my project car in auto mechanic school. The only quarter I didn't need it for was auto trans class. Rebuilt everything inside and out of it with upgrades. It could stop going 110 to 0 in less than 100'. New vette's can't do that thanks to Bosch anti-braking system. No power steering made slow to no speed a pita! What I did love about that car was the mechanical tach drive.
No doubt you went way above & beyond on that Vette. It sure would be nice if high schools offered shop classes today. Maybe some do, I don't know

This is your lucky day. Found a used one on eBay, $45 OBO plus shipping. There was also a new one at about $140.

I took a look at the pics, it seems to be complete, of course it doesn't have the little detailing touches I put into mine (like the detailed wheels) and being an SS350 it doesn't have the black rear panel your SS396 did, but it is what it is.

I really appreciate your research, just don't want to spend 45 bucks for that memory.

Isn’t past all you Old Geezer’s bedtime? 😎🙄😜

My first car was an an 86 Volkswagen GTI which was a gateway drug to a lifetime of hot hatches and sports cars and blasting around the countryside in Porsches, which is exactly what I did today while the nurse was checking under you old boys tongues to make sure you swallowed your pills.

Isn’t past all you Old Geezer’s bedtime? 😎🙄😜

My first car was an an 86 Volkswagen GTI which was a gateway drug to a lifetime of hot hatches and sports cars and blasting around the countryside in Porsches, which is exactly what I did today while the nurse was checking under you old boys tongues to make sure you swallowed your pills.
Dadgum young whippersnappers!!!

Back