testtest

CCW Steel: Carrying the SA-35

The gentleman who makes those BHSS videos called me when my SA-35 was in their care. One of their techs discovered the hole for the extractor roll pin was slightly "off." He explained they believed this was caused by the slide blank not being secured properly during the CNC process. Therefore, they modified the newly installed Browning extractor "just a bit." He said they ran around 90 rounds through it and the last two mags were fired as fast as the tech could pull the trigger. He went on to tell me the casings fell "in an area the size of a coffee can." To date, I have over 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. He may be bit "wordy" in his video but his attention do detail is darned good.

Mike

The gentleman who makes those BHSS videos called me when my SA-35 was in their care. One of their techs discovered the hole for the extractor roll pin was slightly "off." He explained they believed this was caused by the slide blank not being secured properly during the CNC process. Therefore, they modified the newly installed Browning extractor "just a bit." He said they ran around 90 rounds through it and the last two mags were fired as fast as the tech could pull the trigger. He went on to tell me the casings fell "in an area the size of a coffee can." To date, I have over 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. He may be bit "wordy" in his video but his attention do detail is darned good.

Mike
i do not doubt his or his staff's experience.

i just like less talk, more action.

like in a James Bond movie.....car chases, crashes, explosions, shootings, jets flying under bridges, helicopters flying upside down

you know, mundane stuff like that.

More mundane stuff...
I want to thank the folks at Springfield Armory, Inc. for making the new SA-35 as reliable as mine was tonight at 11:00 PM when I interrupted the work of a 400 pound Black Bear on my front deck. He had reached up the 6 feet it took to get to my deck hummingbird feeders and was draining out the last of two feeders when I shoved my screen door open with my right hand,which I had my pistol in, (and sad to say I have 3 aluminum dots on the top left front of the slide where it made contact with the door frame) as I burst out onto the deck about 4 feet away from where he was reaching up. He spun around to go down the steps and I hollered at him as I made pursuit after him. He ran about ten steps and cut between my side deck and my garage (this during a heavy thunderstorm). I had the pistol up twice to fire off some warning shots but there was always something in the way. I had switched on the back spotlights before I ran through the house and out the front door. He started up my back lawn toward the woods and I finally got some shots at him, as close to the top of his head as I dare go. I snapped off 5 shots out of the 16 I had in the pistol. That increased his speed a bit. He hit the woods at the 5th shot. I had 100% full function of my SA-35. Had this been on the street, it would have worked as it should have.
Looking for damage to my feeders: All 4 were emptied as they hung. One was pulled down and a pulley disrupted. None were broken. I will have all filled and ready to go by daybreak tomorrow. But, I will take them down before dark tomorrow!
I'm saddened that I lost the 5 casings.
GregT
Hayward, Wi.

More mundane stuff...
I want to thank the folks at Springfield Armory, Inc. for making the new SA-35 as reliable as mine was tonight at 11:00 PM when I interrupted the work of a 400 pound Black Bear on my front deck. He had reached up the 6 feet it took to get to my deck hummingbird feeders and was draining out the last of two feeders when I shoved my screen door open with my right hand,which I had my pistol in, (and sad to say I have 3 aluminum dots on the top left front of the slide where it made contact with the door frame) as I burst out onto the deck about 4 feet away from where he was reaching up. He spun around to go down the steps and I hollered at him as I made pursuit after him. He ran about ten steps and cut between my side deck and my garage (this during a heavy thunderstorm). I had the pistol up twice to fire off some warning shots but there was always something in the way. I had switched on the back spotlights before I ran through the house and out the front door. He started up my back lawn toward the woods and I finally got some shots at him, as close to the top of his head as I dare go. I snapped off 5 shots out of the 16 I had in the pistol. That increased his speed a bit. He hit the woods at the 5th shot. I had 100% full function of my SA-35. Had this been on the street, it would have worked as it should have.
Looking for damage to my feeders: All 4 were emptied as they hung. One was pulled down and a pulley disrupted. None were broken. I will have all filled and ready to go by daybreak tomorrow. But, I will take them down before dark tomorrow!
I'm saddened that I lost the 5 casings.
GregT
Hayward, Wi.
Update, Tuesday evening: No appearance of the Bear last night. I found three of my fired cases in the gravel near the garage service door. Dogs are sleeping.
GregT

I've heard that many Browning Hi Powers were stippled rather than checkered because the front strap was too thin to permit checkering. Is the front strap on the SA 35 thick enough to be checkered? Has anyone here done it, or seen one with checkering?

Back