testtest

Concealed Carry in a Fanny Pack — Good CCW Idea or Not?

I have a Fanny pack I bought years ago. I always had it on when I was hunting. It contained supplies I might need for dressing game, along with a small first aid kit and a small piece of rope for hoisting my weapon up when hunting from a tree or tree stand. Maybe even an apple and candy bars. I never put my rifle or bow in there. I will pass on carrying a handgun in the Fanny pack as well. :)

What’s the deal with a fanny pack.
You don’t wear it on your fanny, who’s Fanny anyway and why did she wear a pack?

There’s got to be a better way to CC than waist worn baggage. Aside from concealing a handgun, what else is going to be stashed? Reach for a magazine and pull out a Snickers bar?

The age old issue on an outdated fashion accessory.
Smart. Simple. Medium denier polyester with a quick release snap buckle in the back.

Let it go - stop trying to make fanny packs a thing, they are not going to happen again.

IMG_2768.jpeg

You don’t wear it on your fanny, who’s Fanny anyway and why did she wear a pack?
This isn't the best picture but I think this is where the idea got started.

Screenshot_20230619_095629_Facebook.jpg

That metal canister that looks like a lunch box on his right side. German soldiers used to wear that thing on their belts right in the middle of their back. It's actually a gas mask canister.

FB_IMG_1687190397945.jpg

When I was in the Army a lot of people had that little pouch on the back of their LBE.

I think that's where the idea came from and I think that's why they still call it a fanny pack

There’s got to be a better way to CC than waist worn baggage. Aside from concealing a handgun, what else is going to be stashed? Reach for a magazine and pull out a Snickers bar?

The age old issue on an outdated fashion accessory.
Smart. Simple. Medium denier polyester with a quick release snap buckle in the back.

Let it go - stop trying to make fanny packs a thing, they are not going to happen again.

View attachment 40866
I am currently using one with no issues, to me it’s a lot easier for me to get to my weapon if need be, btw, don’t like Snickers……Reese Cups here…..lol…..plus I keep my cell phone in it also

I don’t see the point of a Fanny pack. You’re going to lose your Man Card if you wear one, so what does that leave safe to keep safe in the Fanny pack? That’s why God invented cargo pants.

Btw, as a lot of you know, I originally hail from England. I use to have a saucy aunt who used to like to joke with the boys that she once drove a Japanese car called an Ichifanny!
Only those who know Brit slang know exactly what she means.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Concealed Carry in a Fanny Pack — Good CCW Idea or Not?” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/concealed-carry-fanny-pack/.

I'm a fan of fanny packs but I wear mine around my chest. I go riding in my electric bicycle often and I have a couple of different fanny type packs that I use. One is a smaller Carhartt brand that my Glock 19 and Leatherman's tool can fit in. I can also carry a S&W 638 Bodyguard. I have bigger front pack that I sometimes use on e-bike rides that has room for a G19 or 638 and a steel water flask that keeps water cool.

I prefer my fanny pack and chest pack to be tan, not black or green so I don't look too tactical.

Many times when I'm out with my girlfriend I'll wear the Carhartt fanny pack because it's easier for me to carry a firearm and spare ammo then having all that stuff on my hip. I've had good experiences with Carhartt brand gear as far as jackets, fanny packs, etc. I'm going to get some Carhartt brand overalls one of these days...:)

I really don't worry about if my fanny pack is noticeable because when I'm out on my e-bike I'm focused on not getting run over not what people think about my wardrobe. I do wear a reflective vest(and bicycle helmet) on top of the chest pack so it doesn't get noticed.

I'm fixing to go meet my Mortgage Broker for breakfast in a little while. I'm almost ready to start looking at houses...:) I'll be riding my e-bike with a chest pack and mentioned gear...:) I enjoy getting exercise almost every day. A chest or fanny pack allows me to ride my e-bike more comfortably. An e-bike lets me choose if I want to pedal or not....I usually like to pedal. Electric pedal assist makes riding so much easier for us older folks...:)

I guess I'm a "fanny pack" guy, because I have a shoulder-carried EDC grayman bag made by Hazard4. They also make a grayman long bag/case with the same fabric. There are exterior loop panels but they give you a hook cover so the loop field doesn't show, maintaining the grayman ethic perfectly.
These go great with concealed body armor, too. My EDC bag also holds a complete IFAK & trauma kit, Write-in the rain notebook, pens, phone, 10,000mAh battery bank (electronics are in ziplocks), Leatherman, penlight, and anything else the well-equipped prepper would want to bring.

Hazard4 Grayman EDC pack - front.pngHazard4 Grayman EDC pack - top.pngIMG_20210122_143224.jpgIMG_20210122_143311.jpgIMG_20210122_143328.jpgIMG_20210122_143544.jpgIMG_20210122_143621.jpgIMG_20210122_143908.jpg

You do realize these were also once called Fag-Bags throughout the 80's and into the 90's.
I wore one as a Paramedic and later an RN (though both the ambulance company and Hospital were No Go for CC. They were great for carrying sheers, scissors, hemostats, and even a stethoscope.
Retired now, my EDC is simple and fits in one of those cheap velcro ankle holsters I altered long before they came out with one. My pistol, though stays in a holster.
When I see a Fannypack, I automatically assume the wearer is carrying. I'm sure I'm not the only one who makes that assumption, and I'll bet LEOs do too.

I carry a HellCat in a fanny pack, or more accurately known as a waist bag. You can more quickly remove the pistol if you bag, so to speak, the zipper and get a bag with a flap open. If the closure is magnatized, even faster. I have a Gucci. It works perfectly, but will set you back $1200.

Back