testtest

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation Teed Up For 2021

The fourteenth amendment made the Constitution binding on the states also. Since the Second Amendment prohibits the infringement on our right to bear arms, state laws must comply with that. It is intrinsically and necessarily a federal matter that state laws regarding bearing arms are consonant with the second amendment.
The Federal Government has used the Commerce Clause (and vague, essentially meaningless word salads such as substantive due process) as crow bars to pry open a hole and pour in all sorts of nonsense. That's why it was so important to get Supreme Court Justices on the bench who stick with the words on the Constitution as they were understood to mean at the time.

I don't think concealed carry should be a federal issue. It should remain in the states rights arena.

The feds have always used the Commerce Clause in order to regulated firearms to do an end-around of the 2nd Amendment complications. So, opening up another venue for fed control of firearms transport & use is another way the "wrong" feds can F-things up.

While this is historically correct, there is a ray of hope. The silver lining of the 2012 Obamacare ruling was that it limited the regulatory power of Congress under the Commerce Clause. Most people were so focused on Justice Roberts siding with the liberal wing of the Court that they missed the entire portion of the ruling dealing with the Commerce Clause. Rather than provide a long-winded legal dissertation, I will just say that SCOTUS used their ruling to let Congress know that the Commerce Clause can no longer be used as a blank check to regulate whatever lawmakers want.

Dodge City, South Chicago or Mogadishu.

1610513333395.png

I don't think concealed carry should be a federal issue. It should remain in the states rights arena.

The feds have always used the Commerce Clause in order to regulated firearms to do an end-around of the 2nd Amendment complications. So, opening up another venue for fed control of firearms transport & use is another way the "wrong" feds can F-things up.
The problem with that is the 2nd Amendment is a Federal issue as it is part of the Constitution. The states shouldn’t be permitted to infringe our rights. What you say is good for those states who do not restrict gun rights, but not good for states which do restrict gun rights. If I have a permit to carry in my state, or live in a state which does not require a permit to carry, I shouldn’t have to worry about whether I can travel with my firearm. Or if I’m driving to a destination which honors my carry permit, but pass through a state that doesn’t, I’m screwed.

IMO, the states have jurisdiction to make their own laws which are not directly addressed in the Constitution. “The right to bear arms shall not be infringed” is clearly stated in the Constitution and NO state should have laws which restrict that.

Back