testtest

Couldn’t Believe What I Was Hearing

I checked K&N's site after my post. They do make a cleanable filter for your truck with a 10 year/ 1 million mile warranty. All you need is a screwdriver to install and you'll never have to pay for one again. They're out of stock at this site but if you search the web, you'll likely find one cheaper. Amazon has it in stock. The Wix is also good, just won't last as long. Depends how long you keep that truck. Here's the K&N link: https://www.knfilters.com/e-0644-replacement-air-filter
I’ve used K&N filters in the past and believe in them but at this point and how many miles I drive I find the standard filter works just fine, I do know when I find an establishment that has great customer service and in this case respectable prices that is where I will spend my money. Next Saturday my plan is to have an oil change done at the same dealership I called about the air filter, you can bet the bank I’ll be asking about prices compared to previous visits for the same work and if prices have gone up to ridiculous levels I’ll make changes to where I get future work done.

Check those prices for Ford filters at O'Reilly's.
O’Reilly’s was my go to place when I lived in Eagle Pass Texas, prices were comparable to the other two part stores in that small town the difference was they always had what I wanted. I know of one O’R. here in Louisville and the last time “about 2 years ago” I stopped at that store customer service was terrible.

O’Reilly’s was my go to place when I lived in Eagle Pass Texas, prices were comparable to the other two part stores in that small town the difference was they always had what I wanted. I know of one O’R. here in Louisville and the last time “about 2 years ago” I stopped at that store customer service was terrible.
Sorry to hear about poor service. I buy Motorcraft filters for my F250 from O'Reilly's and they have been a fraction of the cost of the dealership.

They are using Covid and all the resultant shortages to get big prices on almost everything these days. I went to buy some wood, and swore I stopped at Fort Knox...

Cannot remember, is it Porsche or Ferrari who does a background check before you can buy. You have to agree not to paint it certain colors, agree to only sell certain models to a dealer, have a colonoscopy by thier family "doctor"...

Last edited:
They are using Covid and all the resultant shortages to get big prices on almost everything these days. I went to buy some wood, and swore I stopped at Fort Knox...

Cannot remember, is it Porsche or Ferrari who does a background check before you can buy. You have to agree not to paint it certain colors, agree to only sell certain models to a dealer, have a colonoscopy by thier family "doctor"...
I won’t buy or drive anything that I can easily drive over with my truck.

One of the oldest tricks in the book for 99% of any dealership."Would you like to test drive this X, no problem, can I make a copy of your drivers license (for insurance purposes) before we go"? While your out for a test drive they are running your credit score to see if you qualify for a loan or are they just wasting their time.

A Porsche 814 pickup may be a bit better? - Am joking! :)
Custom Red Porsche 914 Pickup Truck : WeirdWheels
So much street cred! I’d drive it!

Ferrari. They used to do that, I don’t think they worry about that too much anymore.

One of the oldest tricks in the book for 99% of any dealership."Would you like to test drive this X, no problem, can I make a copy of your drivers license (for insurance purposes) before we go"? While your out for a test drive they are running your credit score to see if you qualify for a loan or are they just wasting their time.
Ok so no. Not sure where you heard that but nobody can run your credit score from your drivers license. That requires your SS#

Let me apologize for whichever sportscar driver peed in your cornflakes all those years ago.
Ok well first I don’t eat cornflakes.
Second sports car drivers don’t bother me, I let them do their thing.
And finally I’ve been through my mid life crisis and it involved a H3 Hummer, I can’t remember how many sports cars I pulled out of snow banks when I lived in Connecticut.

This is the time of the year when I start doing or should I say getting general maintenance done on my truck to get ready for cool/cold weather. Oil changes and tire rotation I leave to the dealer, other things I do myself.
Yesterday I went looking for an air filter for my 2017 F250 3 auto parts stores and no luck I decided to call the dealer to check availability and get a price,
Yup they had one then the parts guy told me the price. And this is when I almost lost my mind. $120.00 for an air filter!!!!!
Now I know it’s not the parts guy fault but I couldn’t stop myself from saying
“That’s F$$$ing insane” I had a few more choice words then hung up before I really embarrassed myself.
There was one more parts store near where I live so I drove there, they had one made by (Wicks) now I had never heard about that manufacturer but it looked EXACTLY like the original equipment and it was $30.00, $90.00 less then the one that has MotorCraft printed on the box.
Come on Ford, Really????
Wicks is a well known here they make good stuff

Ok well first I don’t eat cornflakes.
Second sports car drivers don’t bother me, I let them do their thing.
And finally I’ve been through my mid life crisis and it involved a H3 Hummer, I can’t remember how many sports cars I pulled out of snow banks when I lived in Connecticut.
Haha. That’s one of the things that keeps me in Texas. I can’t move anywhere where I have to garage my cars for 4+ months. A while ago I had some serious back issues and thought I might have to give up my cars and swap to Porsche’s SUV. Fortunately God must be a fan of two seaters because the problems that several docs were saying was going to require surgery just went away. My tall car is a Mini Cooper.

Haha. That’s one of the things that keeps me in Texas. I can’t move anywhere where I have to garage my cars for 4+ months. A while ago I had some serious back issues and thought I might have to give up my cars and swap to Porsche’s SUV. Fortunately God must be a fan of two seaters because the problems that several docs were saying was going to require surgery just went away. My tall car is a Mini Cooper.
....a Texan Style Mini Cooper pickup? :)

iu

Back